Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Of the Night IC

Go down 
+2
Maxx
True Night
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

Of the Night IC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 12:04 am

Morlach watched Valdus leave. "Well I suppose that I shall be going as well, since there is nothing of interest here." He puffed some smoke from his nose again. He turned and went the edge of the cave, spreading his wings. He leapt into the air and with a mighty swishing noise, he took off.

He cruised in the air until he spotted a large two story log cabin in the middle of nowhere. "What's this? Perhaps they have something valuable...." he spoke to no one in particular. He swooped down, landing on the roof.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 12:08 am

Stela kept chopping wood, until she heard something like the flapping of leathery wings. She instinctively thought vampire, but her mind stopped the thought, reminding her it was broad daylight. Dragon, maybe? It sounded more like skin, than scales, there was just the faintest difference in sound that was made when air rushed to fill the membrane of such wings. Whatever it was, it wasn't any sort of creature she was familiar with. Her hand clenching tighter on her axe, she turned to look up at the shape flying overhead, and its scent hit her nose. No, it wasn't a vampire, definitely not. It wasn't anything she was entirely familiar with, though it smelled a little bit like a were-creature.

Well, she couldn't risk changing in broad daylight, could she? Clenching her teeth, she picked up a log, and threw it at a tree, creating a loud, wooden sound at the impact. She then walked over, picked it up, and brought it back to the stump, once again beginning to split it in half. Why did she always have to deal with problems like this?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 7:50 pm

Midnight had already heard Morlach landing on the roof. The black cat jumped off its chair and ran up the stairs into Asyla's room. It jumped onto the bed, pawing at it's owner's nose. She woke up, her blue eyes like that of a raven. She sat up, holding the covers over her. "What is it?" She asked the cat. The cat belonged to a witch. It was increasingly intelligent. The only thing that seemed to be missing was the ability of speech. He pointed his nose to the roof. Asyla's eyes narrowed. "I smell someone..." she grumbled angrily. She got up and quickly slipped her clothes back on and grabbed a black broom leaning against a wall. She seemed to snarl. She did not like strangers. Her black cloak was long and menacing and seemed to blend with the night. She opened the window to her bedroom, climbed onto get broomstick and flew out.

She circled around the roof of her house, finding Morlach at last. "Oi! You! This isn't your property! Who are you and why are you here?" She shouted. Her nails began to ignite with purple light.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Morlach saw this woman circling him on the broom. "So you are the one who inhabits this house." he said. Smoke curled from his nostrils, and his orange eyes glared at Asyla. "So why the confidence? You aren't a werewolf, your smell says that much. And vampires don't need brooms."
He leapt into the air, hovering above the level of her path, and the air began to smell of ash.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 pm

"Seriously?" Aslya raged. Her claws lit up a she began firing electric sparks at Morlach. She swung forward and hit him with her broom to throw him out of the skies if she could. Her rage was boiling. The end of her broom began to ignite and let off sparks in their that would shock Morlach terribly if he touched them.

"Get out of here if you know what's good for you! A bit of fire and wings won't scare me!" She shouted after him.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 12:07 am

Some of the sparks hit Morlach, causing him pain as he dodged some of the others. This angered him, and so as Asyla hit him with her broom and exposed herself, he opened his mouth and let loose an inferno of flames that rivaled the temperature of lava in her direction. "If you know what is good for you, you'll start being scared of fire and wings witch!" he thundered back at her.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 1:48 am

Valdus

The sound of wood chopping reverberated in Valdus's sensitive eardrums. He was able to pinpoint the vector and distance of the sound. It was likely that she had already noticed him, but for whatever reason she didn't stray from her task. Once she was within sight he called out. "Hello there. Cadenza told me about you." Valdus continued his approach until he was at conversation distance plus some to account for the fact she was wielding an axe. "It's rare to meet a packless lycan, especially a werewolf. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Valdus, a werebat." The look on her face told him that she wasn't particularly happy he was there. Maybe his mentioning her Simurgh friend would alleviate some of that.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 2:13 am

Stela kept chopping wood, putting another log on the stump, and splitting it in half with a single, powerful swing of her axe that also cut another good inch into the wood of what she had placed it on. Clearly, she was irritated, and it was easy to tell by the fact that she was using much more force than what was needed to perform her task. She didn't mind, though, taking several good hacks out of the tree stump helped alleviate some of the anger that tempted her to impulsively do something she might regret. "Well, werebat, that's a new one." She said, the worlds sarcastically optimistic, before splitting yet another log with the same, forceful kind of blow that indicated she might want to tear someone apart. It was pretty obvious she had a bit of a temper. She then proceeded to shoulder the axe, before turning a fierce, amber gaze on this Valdus character, "Look, just because I'm packless doesn't mean I want to join any other group, so if that's why you're here, you can forget about it. The whole reason I came out here in the first place was to get away from this whole crazy war everyone decided to wage against the humans and each other. Let me make this clear: I don't want to hunt down monster hunters, and I don't want to seek out humans as a food source, either, I've seen what preying on them can do to people, and I want no part of it!"

It was obvious now why she was so worked up about a stranger coming to visit. It seemed that the last few guests she had received aside from her neighbor had probably been different were-creatures wanting her to join their pack. A recluse, she was living out in the woods to get away from all the people pestering her.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Vesta laughed softly, leaning back slightly. Of course there were things about herself she wanted to change, but she tended to keep them far away from her family and friends. If there were things she wanted to fix about herself, she would have to do it herself. She didn't want a potion being the reason why she was content with her body. Not that Vesta didn't trust Grinda's potion making skills but potions made with frog legs and eye of newt weren't as appealing as a potion made with spring water and mushrooms. "Oh come on Grinny, I'm not that boring." She leaned forward, as if trying to make her point stronger. "I'm just stubborn!" Vesta frowned slightly, giving in a bit. "But I suppose if I ever need a potion, I'll come to you first. As long as you aren't charging!" She glanced around the room, clicking her tongue. "I think getting you a man would do you good! Maybe it'll encourage you to clean your house!"
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 5:22 am

Valdus

If anything mentioning that she was packless made her more moody, best that he dispel any misconceptions about his being there. "No, no, that's not why I'm here at all. Werebats are almost exclusively solitary, partly because of our rarity. Needless to say I am part of no group trying to recruit you." He chuckled, "you'd have an awfully hard time hunting with me anyhow." This wasn't a challenge or an insult, but a simple fact. One that held true for all were creature without wings. "I roam the land when not contracted, this is simply a social call." Once that sunk in he added, "I can leave if you like. However, should you indulge in my company I can promise that there's no need to fear for my safety." His kind were generally weaker in strength than other lycanthropes, but he some tricks up his sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Asyla held out her hand, concentrating as the fire was blown to her sides and away by some unseen shield. She made a dark face, almost wickedly amused. "Fire? Fire is one thing I don't fear, unlike most witches. I've had a lot of experience with it, and wings? Those fluttery things that simply move up and down? Unlike you I don't need petty wings to gain flight. My own power gifts me with it" she snarled. Then a ray of electric, strands of blue flew from her fingertips.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:45 pm

Stela

Stela just stared at Valdus, though her outright hostility had quickly faded to a lingering degree of annoyance. "Well, that changes everything, then." She said. She lowered her axe so that it dangled by her side in one hand, a position that couldn't be immediately used in any sort of attacking fashion. "I don't much care for people coming out here, but if you're not going to ask me to go anywhere, I won't refuse a guest. I just hate were-creatures coming in and asking me to get involved in their own squabbles, drives me half insane." She began walking towards a gnarled oak tree with a very thick trunk, and nestled between its roots was a large trapdoor. She pulled on the metal ring and let it swing open. "Come inside, then, I'll fix tea." She said. She then disappeared down the hole in the ground.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 11:47 pm

The lightning flashed toward Morlach as he flew upward attempting to escape. He roared in pain and dived towards Asyla, clawed feet outstretched in an attempt to grab her. His claws would have the effect of a magical blade, not to mention being very sharp. "Wings or not, fear of fire or not. You should learn your place witch!"
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 2:02 pm

"Already have!" Asyla's growled as she quickly dodged the claws. She hurled many large rocks from the forest around at him, almost as fast as bullets. Her cold blue gaze fell on Morlah like an ice storm. "Maybe you should learn yours and get off my property before I really hurt you!" She shouted loudly. Her broom flashed in the night almost invisible as its ebony color was like the sky. Her hair was like a night cloud and flashed around like death. She wouldn't give it up without a fight.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 8:06 pm

"Just remember you have more to lose than I do" Morlach said, dropping out of the way of the stones.
With that, he flew around the walls of her house, igniting it with his fire breath. He then strafed across the roof and ignited it as well.
Following this, he flew up high into the air towards the sun and away.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:34 am

Valdus

Valdus was beginning to think that it was a wasted effort coming to visit this werewolf, when she suddenly changed her tune. Clearly it was be recruited that irked her, not company in general. "Don't worry, I understand. I steer clear away from the conflict when nobody is lining my coin purse with gold." She invited him to be her guest and head off towards the tree he initially "Why thank you" he said as she entered the trap door. He followed in suit unsure of what he might find within.

(Really short, but I hope to append Catalina's perspective to it later.)
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 6:15 pm

A ladder led down from the trapdoor into a very large, open room situated beneath the tree. Unusually enough, it was perfectly square, the dirt and ceilings held at by by wooden planks that covered up the fact that the home was underground. Aside from the lack of windows, and the nature of the entrance, nobody would think anything about the house being any different. Rugs made from animal skins, a common sight in homes out in the wilderness, covered the wooden flooring, making it easier on the feet. A large fireplace lined with cob was in one corner, a lit fire crackling warmly in it. A kind of spit hung over the flame, allowing someone to hang a kettle from it. There was a small square table, several simple chairs, a sort of kitchen space, and then the entrance to another room through a simple wool curtain that probably was where Stela slept. A kind of cabinet on one wall likely held food as the pantry. Overall, the home was cozy and warm, but somewhat sparse, in regards to what it contained, having the bare minimum of any home.

Stela walked over to the kitchen space, and grabbed a few leaves out of a jar, before putting them in a kind of metal ball dangling from a string, filled with holes. She picked it up and placed it in a small kettle full of water, and put a lid over it, before going over to the fire and hanging the kettle above the flames. As she had said, she was brewing tea, and it seemed aside from her initially hostile reaction, she was quite good at catering to guests. It was possible she tried to avoid people whenever possible, but was very kind and friendly if they happened to wander by.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 1:35 am

Before Morlach vanished from view, Asyla took a mental photograph of him. Her revenge was a very powerful one and would not give in easily. Then she turned to her house, making gestures with er hands at the creeks and ponds in the forest around. Water sprang up and began to spray the bhrnin wood, the smell of smoke filled her nose. The house was safe. For now. She'd find Morlach and kill him. Just like all the monsters Asyla's sworn to track down. She gave an angry growl and swung her broom around in the air. Forested materials slithered from the woods. Some vines, thorns, weeds, branches. Others were snakes, bugs, and the bones of dead things. There were five of them. Her eyes lit up as though transferring the image to them. "Find that rat and make sure he's dead. He'll no doubt burn your forest coating away, but your necrotic inside should hold you strong. Now go and serve me well! Go with my curses an cast my spells!" She shouted. The seemed to have her intelligence and leap away into the forest.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Alastair's first reaction was to fling the heavy marble coffin lid across the room at the vampire as John readied his sword. John quickly jumped out of the way of the flying bits of marble and rolled to the center of the room, his cape swishing behind him and his sword glittering in the torchlight. He lowered the visor of his helmet and with the hand the shield was strapped to grabbed his pistol.

"Avast ye, bastard!" John cried out "Advance if you dare!" Alastair ran to John's side, rising to full height with his black claws extended. He snarled loudly, ready to make another kill. Hiding in the ceiling was a clever trick. It kept Alastair from finding the vampire's putrid scent.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 12:23 am

Valdus

As Valdus stepped off the ladder and looked around he noticed how much effort had gone into making the home. Plenty of were creatures lived underground, but none had made it so welcome. "A nice place you've got here." He stood by and examined the rugs as Stela prepared the tea. It wasn't proper to sit until invited to. Seems strange that one moment he thought she was going to send him off, the next he's invited to her home. So far her intentions seemed pure, but he wasn't going to put down his guard.

Lord Samil, master vampire

The coffin lid smashed harmlessly into the wall behind the vampire. He noted their strategic options while weighing John's words. Unless they had a trick up he was signing his own death warrant. Even the with the werewolf the two didn't seem to be a threat. "If you insist" was his reply before he struck. In the matter of a second he lashed out with his claws from several different angles. Backed by his immense strength armor and flesh alike would be rended upon contact.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:55 am

Stela gave a short huff, "Well, if I'm going to live here for the rest of my life, I might as well be happy with my home. Leave the big, fancy castles to the people that don't mind a bunch of cold, empty space. I can't imagine living like that, listening to my footsteps echoing all over the place, and to the wind whistling through empty chambers at night. I like having things around my home to absorb the sound, but I don't want clutter. More importantly, I like the temperature to be stable, why should I freeze in winter, and then burn to a crisp in the summer? A small hole in the ground seemed perfect, to me." The teapot over the fire began to whistle, and she grabbed the hot kettle off the flames, before carrying it over to two wooden cups, and pouring a bit of tea into each. She set the kettle down on a metal plate specifically meant to keep it from damaging a wooden surface. She walked over to a chair by her small table, and gestured to it, "Please, take a seat."

She then took her own seat, and took a sip of her tea, swallowing it, just in case Valdus thought she might be planning on poisoning him. He looked like he was suspicious of her, he had that guarded look about him, and there was the simple fact that she didn't have any reason to be hostile towards him. "Now, as for why I am equipped for guests, that is rather simple. I actually get the occasional traveler that sees my garden, and my little trapdoor at the base of the oak tree. I may be a werewolf, but having been a human, once, I don't feel comfortable seeing humans as food, it makes me wonder if doing such a thing, eating humans, isn't cannibalism. I fix them a pot of tea, give them a few vegetables, and send them on their way." She took another sip of her tea, "Really, though, visitors are still rare. It never hurts to be prepared to have them, though, otherwise, there wouldn't even be a chair for you to sit in."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Of the Night IC
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3