Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)

Go down 
+6
Derkal
Dragonbud
DerpaGlerp
Angelwolf99
Absolutely not Prussian
Sairei
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Ketryn didn't even look at Levith as she replied to him. "I didn't say don't do these- after all, who wants criminals running the streets? I am saying that you shouldn't let the innocent watch it. It is just like punishing them." Ketryn sighed as she leaned back and looked at Levith, not even caring that he had taken a threatening step towards her.

"But who am I to speak, right? After all, my species took innocent people and experimented on them all for the sake of science, not caring if that person would become unable to show emotions. Not like I should be speaking, coming from such a race, right?" Ketryn went back to staring ahead. "Mister Levith, you see the expressions on those watching this. Do you think it is okay for a government to force their own innocent citizens to have some of those pained expressions?"
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:12 am

"You don't understand," Levith growled. "You don't understand anything." The riled Jakulo stormed off through the door and out of the prisoner stands, hissing loudly. At the moment, he didn't care if he was breaking protocol; Vetrys could handle the prisoners on his own. Levith felt if he stayed in there a moment longer he was liable to hurt someone, and that would reflect badly on his weekly report. And he might end up in the games for the murder of a unsentenced prisoner.

Wratchet watched Levith go, slightly relieved the anger-prone Jakulo was gone. She relaxed a little bit, still upset at the violence in the games, but now unafraid of showing that discomfort in front of the commanding Jakulo.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:41 am

Vetrys almost shouted for Levith to come back, but then he thought better of it. That could only lead to trouble. He stared at the door for a moment, silent, then turned to face Ketryn.

"He has quire the temper," he said. "But he is right." Vetrys looked back out at the arena before he continued speaking, noting that Somnus' ears were twitching. He was listening too. "Without firsthand knowledge of what happens when people break our laws, some see nothing to be afraid of. Though most do not fear the Games anyway, as it is only for the highest offenses..."

Somnus refrained from speaking up. While he didn't like the idea of the Games, he had to admit that it was a good system. It worked.

Kirex cheered Thray on, running up to retrieve his dagger from their new friend. He had another bomb in hand, and would throw it the moment anything else approached them.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:57 am

Ketryn only watched as Levith stormed off, feeling, guiltily enough, pleased. As Vetrys spoke to her, however, she felt like scowling. She didnt get it? This... This system... Did not work in her eyes. Perhaps she didn't get it the way they did, but she understood one thing- the games weren't something everyone should be forced to see. Sure, it helped enforce te law... But there were better, kinder ways to enforce it. More guards. More warnings. Be sure everyone knows the Games take place, but don't force them to see it.

The more Ketryn thought of the Games, the more sickened she felt by it all. This being said, she just ignored Vetrys, staring down in her lap. She wouldn't be persuaded out of her views, and neither would they... It was as if they were brainwashed to believe watching these Games was needed... Ugh. Ketryn was pretty sure if she spoke another word it would be a direct insult, anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 3:28 am

Kydi took this moment to speak up, in an attempt to comfort Ketryn. "Hey," he said, "what they've got here is better than Kyrenien justice. On my homeworld, minor missteps were punishable by death...and there usually wasn't a trial." Kydi remembered keenly when his beloved teacher, Keletran, committed suicide before the guards could arrest him for a failed experiment. The scientist had preferred death to facing the Shipleader, the power-crazed Kyrenien responsible for overseeing the entire fleet of Kyrenien ships blockading the peaceful planet of Kerettoi. To Kydi's satisfaction, the Shipleader was later killed by the very experiment he had deemed a failure... Safyr3.

"You know," Kydi said, after a long pause, "I know someone a bit like you, Ketryn. Only she's bigger and grouchier. Have I mentioned Safyr3 to any of you yet?"

Wratchet pricked her ears. This was the reason she was down here with the prisoners; to find out information about Kyrenien technology. She hadn't had the chance to interrogate Kydi herself yet, so listening would have to do until the proper time arrived. Wratchet peeked out from behind Vetrys, watching the Kyrenien and the android talk.

Thray handed the dagger to Kirex, and looked back at the dying creature. "We can't wait for it to die," he said quietly. "Something else might attack us."

Parrath looked over at his first mate, throwing him a devilish grin. "Kirex?" he said questioningly. "Do ye have a fiery solution for our little issue?"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 11:33 pm

Kirex grinned a certain grin that made most of his fellow prisoners back away when they saw it. "O' course I do!" he replied, pulling another bomb from his belt. This one was very different from the others, in that Kirex had felt the need to paint it with a bright red X to make absolutely sure he didn't use it accidentally. He didn't have many of these, but he used at least one during most battles, they were good for seeing, and keeping monsters away.

He threw it hard at the creature, jumping backwards the moment it left his hand. All at once, it erupted into bright flames that burned several feet high for less than a second, but that was more than long enough to kill the injured creature. Now sure that none of the flames would suddenly leap out towards him, Kirex went to stand by the 'campfire.' It was something he used fairly often, since it not only made everything easier for him to see, but greatly confused the monsters, who were used to the pitch black. He beckoned for Parrath and Thray to stand with him, and pulled out another dagger.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 2:00 am

Ketryn's eyes slowly shifted to Kydi as he spoke. "You've mentioned Safyr3 before, but you haven't gone into detail," she slowly said. "But please, do tell me a bout her." Ketryn made sure to include the last sentence to keep her from sounding bored with the situation- it was quite easy to think that with her monotone voice, but Ketryn had learned to add in some sentenced to show interest in things.

It was then that there was a huge fire in the arena and Ketryn inwardly winced. Te fire was only there for less than a second, but Ketryn still saw it as a reminder that there were beings down there getting killed. Criminals or not, they were fighting to the death. At least Thray was alive- she was guessing that from how Kydi was acting, considering Ketryn still refused to use the goggles offered to them for seeing in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 3:19 am

"Ha," Kydi laughed to himself. "Well, we didn't start out friends, Safyr3 and I. In fact, we started out as pretty bitter enemies, though I didn't know it. I only knew her as a number: 0394." He paused to let that sink in, glancing back at the arena. Thray was doing alright, and part of Kydi knew his friend would be fine. It was just the chance that something could go wrong that worried him. "Well anyway," Kydi went on, "she was captured from the planet Kerettoi and taken into one of our ships. There, a few of my fellow scientists performed some rather extravagant procedures on her. Basically, we turned her into a cyborg..." Kydi looked down at his shoes for a moment. He seemed to feel rather guilty about this.

Wratchet was shocked. Building a robot was one thing, but taking something living with a personality and emotions, and changing it to fit one's own desires...She understood why Kydi looked so torn about this.

"See what we didn't know about Safyr3," Kydi explained, "was that she was sentient. Someone reported her race incorrectly, listing them as animals instead of a sentient race. I guess that's easy to mix up when the whole culture lives in the jungle, and the people themselves look like wingless dragons. We thought them the perfect creatures to adapt to be our new hunting hounds...and Safyr3 was our first experiment."

Thray had to shield his eyes as the fire erupted. Owch. Following Kirex, he walked cautiously up to the still-burning corpse of the creature. Parrath was grinning devilishly, and he pulled his sword from the charred belly of the animal.

"Nice aim thar," Parrath complimented, elbowing Kirex.

"We've got company," Thray whispered, looking around. The fire had attracted most of the other combatants in the arena, who were now edging backwards away from the light-fearing monsters into the fiery glow.

"Don't ye worry yer glowin' little head about them," Parrath sniggered. "Anyone in tha arena is a friend o' mine. They can help us."

Thray tried to keep this in mind as the two Jakulo from his entry into the arena eyed him evilly. Nakion and Delleran; both held maces that were stained with what Thray could only guess to be the blood of the monsters they'd killed. He didn't like that these two were also seeking shelter near the campfire Kirex had made, along with all their other Jakulo friends.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 4:25 am

Ketryn listened to Kydi with interest, though what mostly interested her was the similarities. She waited for Kydi to finish, and was silent a few moments, before finally speaking.

"Sounds all too familiar," Ketryn slowly responded. She waited a moment before indulging them on some details about her. "I am model 5273. The Yarksonians were looking for a way to make their own race live longer, so they focused on trying to create a cyborg. they used their own citizens to do it." Ketryn paused before saying, "Long story short, out of the 5,273 citizens they experimented on, I was the very first successful one."

Ketryn's shoulders were raised, as if she were tensed up, before she finally let them relax as she said, "If we ever get out of here, Kydi, I wouldn't mind meeting this Safyr3 friend of yours."
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 5:39 am

"I think she'd like you," Kydi said, mulling it over. "The problem would be finding her. When she's not off flying with Opajik or something, she's in the jungle with her own kind doing secret things she'll never tell us about." He stopped, giving Ketryn a playful look. "I think you'd be surprised how hard it is to find a nine-foot tall cyborg Fraethre in the jungle." He laughed, remembering better, easier times.

Wratchet elected to interrupt.
"Wait," she said, coming out from behind Vetrys. Hopping over to Kydi and Ketryn, she looked at each of them quizzically. "This...Safyr3 of yours. You said you were friends? Even though you....experimented on her?"

Kydi looked surprised at Wratchet's boldness. Awkwardly, he attempted to explain. "Well...er..." he stuttered, "she did kinda...almost kill me. And Opajik. But we helped her...and Opajik helped kill the guy who ordered her capture in the first place. We also kinda freed her planet from Kyrenien rule, which does give us favor in her eyes." Kydi considered all that had happened since he'd left his own kind. "I...don't know that she's forgiven us. I know she hasn't forgiven our race, but I don't think she holds Opajik and I responsible for what happened to her. She's an interesting person... I'm not quite sure how she thinks."

Wratchet was unimpressed. "So why don't you un-cyborg-ify her?" she asked pointedly.

Kydi frowned. "I can't." He turned away, a scowl across his face. "And it's not just the fact that I don't have the resources. The machinery in her replaced some vital things. Removing it...trying to restore her...It would kill her. And she knows that."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 12:44 am

Kirex smirked yet again and gave the Jakulo a small wave. Even the ones who weren't too nice to him. He didn't care, he'd help them anyway. No one deserved to die. Well, unless they were directly attacking him. Then they could expect to be set on fire and stabbed many times.

In any case, no one made a move to attack Thray, and so Kirex continued to beckon more people closer to the fire and away from the monsters. Speaking of which... He took a small step back, aimed carefully, and threw two daggers in quick succession, striking two different, smallish creatures in the neck. The first went down with hardly a sound, but the second, slightly larger, lived. He growled and pulled his other two daggers from his belt, prepared to retrieve the first two, hopefully without much trouble.

Vetrys listened to their conversation intently, though he didn't watch them. His eyes were fixed to the combatants in the arena. Specifically Thray and his companions. Thray seemed to have little problem with helping even the ones who weren't helping him. Except for a pair that he looked like he was glaring at... Ah, Nakion. Vetrys shook his head slightly. That explained it.

Somnus looked at Kydi for a moment, curious. He was reminded of something. "Kydi," he asked softly, "is this the same planet where you met Kalia?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 5:53 pm

"Why yes," Kydi said, answering Somnus and perking up a bit. "I believe that Safyr3 and Kalia met before I even knew about either of them, actually." He smiled, laughing to himself.

Wratchet was confused, but given a new perspective. Even though Kydi had been involved in some horrible things, he didn't actually seem like the bad people she had known Kyreniens to be. This gave her some hope for the future. Maybe instead of having to question Kydi, she could talk to him peer-to-peer about schematics, machines, and other sciency things.

Nakion and Delleran did not return Kirex's wave, instead turning away and watching for the braver monsters who might dare enter the circle of light. There weren't any, but the two Jakulo would rather face a thousand angry monsters than be polite to those they detested.

Sighing, Thray took a knee in the dirt. "How long do we usually stay in here?" he asked.

"Until the monsters retreat," Parrath said cheerfully, "or everyone's lyin' on tha ground bleedin' out n' dead!"

"Well they're not attacking us now," Thray said, drawing a rough sketch of a map on the grimy floor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13