Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)

Go down 
+4
Maxx
Dragonbud
Lieo
The Real Shade
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 2:13 am

I really badly want to see Belroth punch an RPG out of the air. (it's theoretically possible, as an RPG doesn't arm itself until it is 16 feet away from an adversary)
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
Newborn
JazzTap

The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 2:15 am

He's... going to punch it from more than 16 feet away, with something that won't trip the proximity sensor?

Edit: Sorry I'm being antagonistic.

BTW, unless we're going for stealth, I say it's worth taking 4% of the ~50-man plaza forces to double the strike team's ranks. Shade, can I use names from the RP's previous incarnation, or should I make up a couple of NPCs?
Back to top Go down
http://jatazak.tumblr.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 3:53 am

It's possible. People have been hit by unexploded RPGs before.

If there's fifty Dreadnaughts (minus four due to Sam's unit), then I say the strike force should be around 15 soldiers. The rest can secure the evac spot.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 4:01 am

Fifteen is way too many. Can't move quickly and fluidly with that many people. Remember, the operation hinges on the Tayibeans not realizing that the Dreadnaughts are there to nab the prisoner-and placing fifty troops and a wrecked helicopter in the middle of their city will probably do that.

You can take as many as you want, but it's going to draw infinitely more attention. And using names from the last RP would be a nice, nostalgic homage. Go for it.

Your current cover stories sound good to me, Lieo/Jazz. Not sure if those are the finalized versions. Tanis could've easily seduced one of the higher lieutenants in the ranks of the camp, there are several, but they're all vassals of Faheem. No one's trying to strike it out on their own, which works fine for your purposes, as you're not looking to start controversy. They'd be fairly up with what Faheem's doing, albeit the main purpose of the camp is just to churn out more people willing to immolate themselves for the cause, occasionally harassing American forces (or, vaguely American-looking mercenaries that crash-land in their town) that wander by. So, yeah, that sounds good to me.

And people have been hit by unexploded RPGs but you need a damned EOD team to remove it if the shell gets stuck in you. Happened (lethally) to someone in Black Hawk Down, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 9:55 pm

So then Arseniy Holender is totally coming with the strike team.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
Newborn
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:48 am

Seems like I should watch that movie, eventually. Even if it's very much the American perspective on events.

Oh - not the big guy, the assassin. I was going to ask for Tarick Jaeger, but then, we have Ivan along. We... may as well give it a try.

Gonna shortly take a stab at the deep cover scene too, I guess.
Edit: Let's do this thing.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 1:14 pm

Hoo boy, this is the last place on Earth we would want Tanis to lose her temper.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:10 pm

Arseniy is the assassin-type black ops guy I made in the last one. I don't even remember the other goon's name. I think I killed him on page one because he was a sh*t character.

Well if it's a four-man team, then Ivan, Arseniy, Tarick, and Jirina.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:57 pm

You mean Roket? Not sure how I remember that, given how all I remember about you being in the last one is that you were in it.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
Newborn
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:14 pm

well, now, that'll all depend on how well Barry's ploy works

No, Roket used to be Ivan's nick. And he's enough of a mechanic that I'd rather bring Disciple than Tarick - at least, disregarding what happened last time 'round.

Hm. Would wearing hijab with an eyeslit (as compared to a full mesh or sheer-fabric veil) be considered scandalous, given that Tanis has already arrived in the company of an ambiguously-mahram man? (It turns out that being adopted siblings doesn't suffice, though having had the same wetnurse would.)
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 3:59 am

Hey everybody. I have some badish news and some goodish news.

The baddish news is that for the next twoish weeks I"m going to be kind of busy, which means this RP may take a plummet in activity. Really sorry about that.

The goodish news is that I'm going to be in Disney for part of those two weeks, so I'm really not that sorry to be honest, because I'm going to be doing shots with Mushu in Magic Kingdom, so there's that.

But, I will try and get posts in if I can-sorry for the inconvenience, I am kind of an unreliable GM.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
Newborn
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 7:16 am

Hey, well, I'll still be here. Might be nice to not be a primary source of bandwidth bottleneck.

Real life happens, and I'm glad you expect it to be enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 12:34 pm

Slamming down some shots with Mushu sounds like a good way to pass the time.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 12:53 pm

Hella
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 7:58 pm

Hey, everybody!

First off, is this still alive?

Second off, an update. I know I just had a hiatus, but we've got a family thing (sans internet-it will be hell) coming up in a few days, so I'm going to be back off the radar for a little while before things will fully resume. Don't know if we don't want to proceed as normal until then or wait until the tragedy that is having to spend time with my relatives is over.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:00 pm

/smooches shade/ how is the disney?
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:15 pm

*smooches back*

Aside from the fact those f*ckers took Mushu out of the park, pretty damned awesome. Only bad part of the trip was that Yeti ride. As it turns out, Shade and going backwards on rollercoasters do not mix well. Otherwise, loved every minute of it.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:42 pm

So that's where you've been. My family's going there in July. I don't really care. I'd like to proceed, but if you won't be able to with your family being over and all, that's your decision.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:59 pm

Oh man I remember that roller coaster, basically my sister and I clinging to each other and hoping it would be over soon.

Also, I agree with maxx. I would love to move on (as this is p much my favorite rp I'm in right now) but no rush :3
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:49 pm

Alright. I'll try and squeeze in a post or two, but I'm combating post-vacation lethargy. My work may be twice as half-assed as normal.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:50 pm

yay yay yay yay yay
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:51 pm

I'm still down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8