Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pride Days (IC): Hurt

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 2:01 am

Kyra's limbs shook, as she stared at the blood staining the ground, "I was four moons old...when they did...this..." Her teeth gritted, toes digging into the earth, "My parents, my whole family...they died, and I can't even remember who they were...All I remember is walking back home...and seeing this..." Her limbs stopped shaking, and a coldness crept into her eyes, as she stared ahead, looking past all the death, "I couldn't even tell you who these lions were, but they were my blood family. This stupid war, whatever it was fought over, is the reason that I was alone, until Ammon found me. If he hadn't, I would have been destroyed by what I saw."

She forced her limbs to stop shaking, "The past is the past, and there's nothing I can do to change it. I can only keep moving forward, looking for something better." She looked at everyone in the group, "I'm sorry you all had to see this, I never wanted anyone to know." She said, determination in her eyes, the desire to overcome her obstacles. "Dalmaa wants to stop us, but if we just keep going, we'll get through this. I already grieved once, and one time is enough."

It seemed that Kyra was forcing back her negative feelings, "We need to just walk through this, and remember that no matter how vivid it is, it's just a vision from my past." She said.

She then proceeded forward, walking through the camp, ignoring the corpses around her.

It seemed that Kyra had more in common with Ammon than everyone first thought.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:19 am

Var followed Kyra, and the rest of the group followed him. Everyone was completely silent, and even still so after they left the camp. Var had a certain feeling within his heart that leaked a deep feeling of sadness throughout his body. He padded through the grasses, unable to think straight. He looked at Kyra, but didn't know what to say. He knew this was very hard for her, and he only wanted it all to go away. Angry, he looked back at his paws. It was as though he could hear Dalmaa's malefic laugh within his head. It was almost as if the Aura was reaching out and strangling him right then and there, and Var couldn't do anything about it. He looked at the others, noting that they would somehow, someway just have to pull through.

"Kavis!" Zalika shouted from behind, just as the two approached the crevice that separated the Fields from the world. Kavis came to a halt and looked at her.

"I have to go!"

Zalika stopped. "Kavis, be careful... And make us proud... Make us proud. But be careful." Kavis nodded and bounded over the creek.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 1:27 am

As Kyra walked through the field of corpses, she gritted her teeth, although everyone else could only see her back, the way she forced herself to look past all of the terrible things in this vision from her past. As she mentally tracked their progress, she silently growled, realizing that they weren't going to leave the area in time. If Dalmaa had placed time at just the right spot, which he would have, without any doubt, the worst part of the vision would happen soon, and everyone would have to watch. She didn't want them to question her sanity, but most people who saw things like this would have been very badly damaged by it. If Kyra had not been found by Ammon, the state these memories had left her in would have brought her to ruin.

Suddenly, off to the side of the camp lined by trees, a small female cub, her fur a bright silver, stumbled in, without a doubt, Kyra's past self. The cub, the wind having blown the smell away from where she had been innocently playing, did not detect the stench of death until she walked right into the camp. Upon picking up the smell, and taking in the sight, Kyra's younger self gagged, clenching her mouth shut to avoid breathing too much, while her ears drooped, and her limbs began to shake uncontrollably with fear. She was frozen for a moment, before managing to work up the nerve to walk deeper in, looking terrified, and looking all around her, as though afraid she were going to be ambushed, not noticing the group watching the vision. When she walked past what seemed to be a fresh body, everyone was stunned when the strange male lion, one of the attackers of Kyra's pride, and bearing familiar traits, raised his head slightly, before lunging forward to weakly grab at the cub, making her scream, and turn to face him.

This lion had a full, pure black mane, and his fur was a dark, reddish-brown color. His paws were black, and dainty, despite the lion's size, bearing long, soft-looking fur. Upon seeing the lion's face, one caught a glimpse of pale grey eyes, and a dark, mask-like marking. There was only one lion that everyone knew of that had features like that, clearly, this male came from the pride Coglon was rejected by. This lion, however, his body covered with wounds that had now become severe, festering sores, had deep sadness and pain in his eyes.

"Please, don't run..." The male choked, his breathing rattling in a sickly manner, his side heaving as though every breath brought great pain.

Kyra, cowering, walked closer to the stranger, and the lion lowered his head, "I am dying...I am beyond saving...and everything hurts...please...help me..." A pleading look came into the lion's eyes, "Please...kill me...make it end..."

Kyra's younger self, just a little cub, began to cower, and the strange male stretched out his neck, "It is cruel and selfish of me...to ask one...as young as you...but please...drive your claws into my throat...so I may not suffer...anymore...I beg you..."

The cub, unsure of what to do, uneasily walked closer, and took place by his neck, unsheathing her tiny claws, and pressing on his throat through his mane. "Not there...higher...base of the chin..." The male choked. Kyra, her whole body shuddering, moved her claws higher up, before the male stopped her, "There...it will be swifter...do it..."

Kyra, having been taught to do as she was told, dug her claws into the hidden spot beneath the mane, and when she withdrew her paw, almost her entire leg was stained dark red, as the male began to make choking sounds, the life beginning to leave his eyes. "It's...not...murder...I...asked...you...to do...this..." He gasped, before his body suddenly went limp, having died trying to comfort the cub.

It was then, that Kyra, seeming shocked, collapsed down on the blood-soaked ground next to the dead male, and began to scream, such a pained, hurt sound, as she broke down and cried.

The real Kyra, the young adult lioness walking through the field, winced at the sound, but moved on.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 5:53 am

Var only looked at Kyra, after watching the vision. He was unable to imagine how hard it must have been, being so young. He wondered why this had to happen, and he wondered about the war between the prides. What could have created a rivalry so deep that every heart was spilled across the earth, only left to spoil and turn sour and become one with it.

The same cold feeling sunk down on his shoulders, and he knew he had heard a whisper in his ear, yet it wasn't there. He sped up in step with Kyra. He didn't know if he should talk about it, or be silent. He didn't know what would hurt her or what would better her in a situation as delicate as this. At this moment, Var was clueless. There was so many things that were stirring his mind around. He was beginning to wonder how he himself was keeping his sanity. So much confusion, so much conflict. It all poured into one large cornucopia of enigmas that he couldn't quite comprehend. But what troubled him was Dalmaa's doing. What kind of evil creature would do something like this? Not only to force a young lioness to relive her darkest visions, but to make others experience them as well. Var wondered how deep this rivalry was. Was Dalmaa so evil, so bent on being the opposite if Protheus, that he had to conjure such a putrid concoction. Var then went to the fact that Dalmaa was responsible for the event in its entirety. He introduced sin. Var blamed him for all of these murders.

"Kyra," he finally got out. He was trying to find something to say. "I'm sorry." It was all he could manage to pull out from his throat. Everything was just... trapped.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Kyra's ear twitched, "There were many things that I learned the day these things happened, and of course, you would still wonder how my sanity remained intact. The simple fact is that I wasn't that strong, and the state it left my mind in, combined with my own poor capability to hunt, would have eventually killed me." Her eyes had a familiar hard look in them, as they were finally able to exit the camp, leaving the terrible vision behind. "Had Ammon not found me, I would not be the way I am now. We shared our troubles with each other, and he helped me overcome that trauma, as severe as it was. My father had that gift, the ability to fix something so broken, he was able to restore my spirit as a cub, and my faith in the world, as well, even though I'll never fully understand what happened, or be fond of the memory."

As they walked down the path, the illusions of the forest began to fade back into the appearance of the dream field, "I regret that Dalmaa made you watch that." Kyra said, "I've told you multiple times that my pride and the one Coglon was originally born into both died out fighting in a war, and that I survived because my mother hid me. That much is all the truth, but I never told you how I found out. It's not something I like to remember, but I think that it would have been better, had I just told all of you, before Dalmaa had the chance to make you see it. At least if you knew what was going to happen, you would have been prepared for it."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 5:21 am

Var shook his head. "Kyra, we didn't expect that of you. We all know you can't share everything with everyone, and some things really are better of a secret. It would have shocked us either way." He was silent for a moment, watching the tall grasses of the fields push past. A melancholy sensation pushed over him, as countless flowers passed. He quickly looked up when he saw something jump out in front of him, but nothing was there.

As the group went on, Var began to get a dizzy feeling in his head and the world around him seemed to move in slow-motion. This seemed to affect a few of the others as well. Eventually, Var's vision blurred. As it cleared, he found himself laying on his back, on a large stone-rock. He couldn't get up, almost like he was pinned down. All he saw was the trees shooting upwards and what looked like the moon shining down on him, but colored red. He began screaming as he noticed he was covered in blood. Not his own. It was matted and staining his fur. He felt a horrid cold wind blow directly into his face. The slender, black form of Dalmaa materialized before him, looking down at him and a malefic laugh escaping his maw.

Var let out a long scream, trying to get up. Dalmaa somehow appeared on the other side of Var and gave him a quick swipe to the face. Although Var didn't see Dalmaa move his paws, he merely felt something sharp scrape his face. He turned his head to the other side, seeing what looked like more human bones, only attaching themselves to each other and reaching out at him. They then somehow morphed, much in a writhing way and molded in a smoky fashion. Blending with new colors they seemed to take the form of bats that fluttered up and immediately flew around Dalmaa. He opened his mouth and they fluttered up into his mouth and down his throat. His tongue somehow transformed ink a snaky forked tongue, which then slithered out from his lips and stuck Var in the shoulder. He then saw that it had morphed into a snake and gave out shout, just to have it combust into smoke.

Dalmaa tossed Var to the side and quickly dug his paws into the stone. His paws were soaked in the blood and began carving into the stone, they formed markings that Var had never seen before. Each mark seemed to radiate some energy that one would often see rising just above fire. A distorting field that made the layers behind it shift and dance around. Var breathed heavily, finally gaining control over his paws and clenching the hard, stony soil. He shouted something at Dalmaa, which may have been mumbles. Dalmaa disintegrated into an array of black light that then escaped into the tree lines. Var got up and walked over to the stone, to see the strange symbols.

That was when he found himself back in the field. He was laying on his side. Saber and Scar were also unconscious. Var scrambled to his feet, noticing that Ramla had been trying to wake him. "What happened?" he asked, seemingly frightened and deeply distraught.

"You three just went out cold! What happened?" Ramla asked.

"I---"

His speech was interrupted as his vision then changed to something else. He was looking up at the sky, which was full of stars. Oddly though, the black color that filled the spaces in between was colored a dark red an black clouds were swirling near the center. Var saw a flash of lightning come down somewhere in the horizon and some strange rumbling sound in his ears that overrode all the other sounds. Things flashed back again and he was looking at the ground. Scar and Saber were awake and staring at him. He looked at the others.

"We need to get out of here... now."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 8:29 pm

Kyra felt a creeping sense of dread, "I think he's going to try to strike the Pawmark with lightning and burn it. We have to hurry up and deliver the Sodaki, and just hope that Protheus is going to do something to delay or hinder Dalmaa. If he does, we might just have a shot, but we need to get out of this field. No changing direction, we just keep running." With this, she started with everyone else running down the path.

The aura of the Dream Field had taken on a powerful, malignant quality to it, and Kyra could sense Dalmaa pouring his energy into it. She had started to develop this sense earlier, as though she could tell when the Aura himself was doing something, and not just any spirit on his side. Perhaps it was because she was so familiar with it, or perhaps it was her sudden ability to see prophetic visions. For whatever reason, she knew Dalmaa was trying very hard to stop them from leaving the dream field. They had endured a lot, however, and they were still going.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Something tripped Kyra along the way and caused her to stumble. It appeared to be a large tree that hadn't been there before, as she was running up. Var also struck it as he was running, ramming right into it. At this point, somehow, trees were everywhere and Var couldn't see the rest of the group. It appeared as though Dalmaa cut him and Kyra off from everyone else. Var nudged Kyra to stand, "come on, we... we have to keep going!"

Suddenly, something changed in the environment. Everything grew dark and the stars in the sky above were a strange purple color, as were the clouds. The flowers in the area had dimmed to an indigo color. Var looked to his right, finding a wall of ferns built next to him. As he peeled them back, he saw a wide clearing in which the moonlight shone directly down on, rays of white light cascading down. There was something solemn and sad about the area. It became apparent when Var saw Kavis push out of the bushes and come into the clearing. He was smelling the air, looking for Var it seemed, but his nose wrinkled with the stench of something else.

Var smelled the air, tasting the scents of unfamiliar lions. Lions that didn't seen to be from around their area and perhaps from distant lands. Kavis cringed, his entire face wrinkling. "Not now, not now. Focus," he said. Somehow though, something dark seemed to overtake his face. His head shook rapidly, almost as if freezing cold and his body began to rumble in the same way. Finally he sprang forth and slashed at the dirt, roaring loudly and tearing the bark off the trees around him in a fit of anger. He clawed at the brush, tearing weeds and limbs everywhere and giving out a roar of hatred and anger.

"Why are you doing this to me?!" Kavks shouted. "I thought you were my friend! Is this new prophecy so important to you that you must use it to torture me?!"

"Use your suffering to fuel your anger. Look around you, Kavis."

Kavis, for several moments, could only see things in shades of red and things were blurred to him. Suddenly this changed and it all cleared up. He then spotted Var and Kyra, hiding in the ferns. He growled and unsheathed his claws.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 8:01 pm

Kyra's ears twitched, as she was aware, despite the rapidly changing landscape, that Kavis had spotted her and Var, and was now preparing to attack. The way the silver lioness looked at Kavis was sad, but also, somehow dismissive, as though she hardly cared what his intentions were, mostly because she already knew what he wanted to do. "Of course, he would attempt to redeem himself to a master who does not care what happens to him or his spirit. He would still draw power from rage, something that's weakest at the heart." She shook her head slowly, but never took her eyes off of Kavis, "Of course he'll torture you, he did so from the day you were born, and he warped your mind to think all the cruel things that were done to you were justified."

She nudged Var with her shoulder, prompting him to follow, "We need to leave these fields; regardless if we are cut off from one another, if we keep heading towards our goal, we'll eventually find each other. Just this once, I'd rather not waste my time fighting." With this, she vanished into the ferns.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Var began moving along with her, putting his back to Kavis. As he did this, he failed to see the black-furred lion's body twitch and flash out, pounding the dirt with his paws. He lunged quickly, roaring and tackling Var before he could walk away. The two rolled down a small slope, pushing through thorny bushes and weeds. Finally, Kavis landed on top of Var, pinning him against the forest floor. Kavis had many cuts in his face from their previous fight just a few hours ago. They had mainly sealed up, but still looked terrible. Var grumbled, gritting his teeth. "Kavis," he uttered.

"NO! JUST SHUT UP!" Kavis shouted at the top of his lungs, to the point that his voice cracked and it seemed as though he was shredding his vocal cords. Kavis' eyes watered up, but they did not release tears. "YOU DON'T KNOW!" he roared. He then closed his eyes tightly and opened them. "You don't how how long I have worked for this! I am not going to let you take it from me!"

"It's over!" Var said, struggling to break out of Kavis' intense grip. Finally Var got a paw loose and gave quick swipe to Kavis' forehead, forcing blood down his face. The black warrior growled, holding his face with the pads of his paws as Var wriggled free. Var for a moment almost felt sad for Kavis. It had not been long ago that Kavis was extremely intelligent, smart, cunning even. Now he just seemed desperate. So desperate that it cut away everything else about him. Var looked at him. "Is completing your prophecy that important?" Var asked hotly.

Kavis looked up at him, or attempted to, from the blood that was blinding him. "You don't get it, you disgusting creature. I was promised my moment so long ago. I lived half my life learning how to be a king!"

"And what about the other half?" Var asked. Kavis' eyes shut tightly. He covered his ears with his paws quickly and let out a strange moan, as if he were in pain. Var noticed a sudden change in the environment. The trees had grown darker and were a bit more barren. Many had dead leaves. It was then obvious that it was autumn. Var's nose wrinkled as the fresh scent of something familiar came into his nostrils. The lyingly sweet scent of Deathberries, that Var had trained his nose to smell as sour. The scent was so thick that it seemed to give Var a headache. He looked around, seeing the berries growing in every little inch of the world around him. He looked at Kyra worriedly, and then a strange sound entered his ears. The sound of swarming flies, as if swarming a carcass. Var turned around to look at Kavis, who immediately began to scream. A large swarm of flies buzzed around Kavis' head, trying to get at his eyes and ears and up his nose. He covered his face with his paws, his muffled scream growing louder and louder.

Suddenly, it all stopped. The flies were gone. The scent had disappeared, and the berries had been replaced by small yellow flowers. Kavis shaking, removed his paws from his face and opened his eyes, revealing that they were bleeding. His entire body trembled. Var felt slightly sorry for him, and slowly approached. "Kavis, you don't have to do this. You can end this. Just... just get away from Dalmaa."

"N-n-no..." Kavis murmured, spitting on the ground. His saliva, as it fell, seemed to contain several strange worms that were alien to Var, not being any sort of maggot or internal parasite that he knew of.

"Why did you do this?" Var asked.

Kavis' body seemed to slightly spasm and pulse as he tensed up. His voice was low and nearly incomprehensible. "You c-can't take back, w-what b-becomes you..." Kavis said, hacking up a collection of digested blood. He stood up and looked at Kyra and Var. "P-please... P-please... Please g-give me the Stone." He looked at Var in a way that almost made Var want to hand the shiny object over, but he knew he couldn't. Var hid the Stone behind him. He simply shook his head at Kavis.

"Kavis, go home," Var said.

"...They'll kill me... Var, you must understand that I have no choice... If I don't do this..."

"You'll die," Var said. "I know. But I can't let Dalmaa win. I'm sorry, Kavis."

Kavis finally made an angry face. "If you do this, it's not going to do anything! Even if you successfully bring that Stone to the Pawmark, it isn't going to banish Dalmaa from his own world!" Kavis growled.

"What? How do you know?" Var asked.

"He showed me in a dream. Do you honestly think that he'd be bested by something as simple and meaningless as a shiny rock? The rock isn't going to do anything, trust me. He'll only rise up with his army, kill you, and then perform mass bloodshed of all of Africa. Do you honestly know what the New Prophecy is?" he asked.

Var looked at him and shook his head. Kavis continued. "It's extinction. To end the countless fighting between him and Protheus, he is going to kill off every last living thing on Earth and bring them to life as spirits in his army. He plans to use those massive numbers to take down Protheus. Since Auras can't die, as far as we know, Dalmaa's going to lock him up, freeze him, and reduce him to almost nothing, keeping him that way. Dalmaa's creations will then flood the earth, giving a new age... But that's an age I don't want to live in..."

Var had a puzzled look. "I thought that Dalmaa's creations were all beautiful."

"They were at first," Kavis said. But Protheus got jealous. He kept trying to make his creations better than Dalmaa's. It eventually got to the point that Dalmaa was fed up and started making violent things that sought to destroy Protheus' creations. Things just got worse and worse from there on out..."

"So, Protheus didn't go after Dalmaa first?" asked Var. Kavis shook his head. Var then looked back at Kyra, a bit shockingly. "He lied to you."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 11:42 pm

Kyra's response was to merely flick her tail, "Dalmaa's deception doesn't even make me angry anymore, if that makes any sense. He's lied so much, and I believe Kavis over him; in addition, Kavis merely makes sense, because according to Dalmaa, there were creations in existence that have been destroyed in the past. It makes sense that Dalmaa would ultimately try to win by wiping the world clean, so he can start with nothing else to rival him." Her ear twitched, and she looked at the black lion, "This being said, Kavis, if Dalmaa has been cast from the world of spirits, then he has been torn from his world before. Perhaps by a mortal, Dalmaa cannot be beaten, but as an Aura, Protheus has power, and you cannot forget that what Dalmaa can potentially do to Protheus, Protheus can also do to Dalmaa."

She slowly shook her head, but the expression on her face was one of relief, "I actually feel much better about what I'm doing, knowing that Protheus was only aspiring to do something truly wonderful that he could be happy about; that's a feeling that even a mortal can understand. Knowing that Dalmaa allowed himself to become agitated, and sought to punish Protheus for a simple emotion, makes it easier to serve the side we chose. In the end, Dalmaa was always at fault; it doesn't matter if Protheus could not make creations as wonderful as his, it was Dalmaa who allowed himself to overstep boundaries and create this hatred." Her eyes glinted with a renewed feeling in them, fresh determination now present, "Even though good and evil, any action, overall, can be justified based on the situation, it seems that it was wrong to think there was such a thing as no pure good or pure evil. Good has a definition, and so does Evil, that being said, evil is the absence of what is good, and Dalmaa became evil when he no longer desired to make beautiful things, but creatures that solely existed to destroy something someone else had.

Kyra looked at Var, "No matter what Kavis says, Var, Kavis intends to still prevent us from delivering the Sodaki to the Pawmark, and if it was at Dalmaa's bidding, then that means there is still some significance in what we're doing. If Dalmaa doesn't want the Sodaki to reach the Pawmark, regardless of how he seeks to get it, via force or sympathy, then that means something is going to happen if we do happen to return the Stone." She then turned her gaze on Kavis, "Kavis, regardless of what we do, we're all going to die someday, and I'd rather not watch over a world where there isn't any beauty, just because the creator wanted to spite a sibling; that's not a world you want to see, either. Don't act like you have a limit, because you don't. Kavis, you are your own limiting factor, don't restrict yourself to the image others paint for you, because if you want to be something other than what you are, there isn't anybody you have to ask; it's your choice; you are a mortal, and you have free will to choose your own path, whatever it leads to."

She flicked her tail, "Var, we need to keep going. Kavis, you can follow us, but there is one thing I will make very clear right now-"

She fixed the black lion in the eyes, unflinching, not allowing herself to feel pity, when it was seen as a window of opportunity for her foes.

"You will not take the Sodaki from us."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:44 am

Kavis' eyes narrowed and he stood firmly, glaring at Kyra. "The Sodaki doesn't matter any more, according to the prophecy, but something is telling me that there a new intentions Dalmaa has for it," Kavis grumbled. He then looked her in the eye. "I might suffer a bit, sometimes heavily, here and there, but..." Kavis trailed off. "I know he's got something in mind for me, in the end. Unlike you. But from what Zalika told me, I may become a leader among the dark army that is to follow. And no doubt, I hate Dalmaa with so much of my being... Yet in some ways, I feel like I still love him. He delivered me from so much pain in the past, and I feel like he only punishes me on days like this to remind me. To let me know what I came through, and inevitably, where I am heading." He looked at both of them.

"I would rather jump off River Pride's cliff than follow you..." he then turned around, coughing up a bit more specks of blood and walking past the brush.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 2:34 pm

Kyra flicked her ear, "It doesn't matter, in the end, Kavis, what you choose to do. Our minds are set on who we are serving, one serves the Aura responsible for creating evil, and one serves the Aura that was betrayed by that evil." She looked over at Var, "Let's keep going, because delivering the Sodaki is all we've thought about, and that's going to be our ultimate goal." With this, she turned and kept walking, bent on leaving the fields. Kyra had ultimately decided that while she would be respectful and listen to others, she would no longer heed the words of spirits serving Dalmaa, or even Dalmaa himself. It was clear by now that no matter how much the Aura feigned sorrow, friendship, or sympathy, his ultimate goal in doing so was to influence and control others through their emotions.

One paw step at a time, Kyra was going, and she took each blow and strike as it came on this journey. She had been trampled, abused, tricked, and humiliated. In the end, though, neither hatred or sorrow remained, but the resolute feeling of determination to end it all. She didn't know if it extended to her companions, because even Var, who was currently carrying the Stone, had not been manipulated so much. Regardless, she was going to see the mission through, because somehow she knew that something good would happen if the Sodaki was delivered; no matter what Kavis said, it did mean something, and the idea that it had no benefit when it was placed in the Pawmark was a lie concocted in order to make everyone more willing to give it up.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 8:20 pm

Var took the Sodaki, walking on with a lot on his mind. As the visions of the field shifted, Var and Kyra found themselves in the field again. The group was with them once more. Although Subira didn't look too good. Her head was low, her eyes bloodshot, and she was panting. Her fur was soaked with sweat and it was obvious that something was wrong. Ramla looked at her, and it was apparent that once again Ramla could see. Ramla gave a worried look to Var as he glanced back at them. He stopped and laid the Stone down.

"Subira? Are you okay?" He slid the Stone over to her, hoping she might feel comforted by its presence. Obviously she was having an episode, being back in the field again. She touched it, giving a short sigh of relief. She nodded, signaling she could go on. Var scooped up the Stone and began walking next to Kyra again. 

"You know," he said out out of the sides of his snout, "I think there's something wrong with Kavis. I mean, there's always been something wrong with him, but... Well, it's hard to explain. Before today, he never showed the slightest trace of emotion. And now it's all pouring down at once, and he's trying to keep it from doing that. I can see somebody behind those psychotic eyes, for once. I feel like there's a person there, but where is an entirely different question."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 9:30 pm

Kyra kept looking straight ahead as they walked, "Kavis isn't Dalmaa, and the truth is regardless of his birth or childhood, he's a lion, deep down, just like you or me. Evil takes many forms, but sometimes, I think that instead of the typical view where there's a bad creature you have to stop, it's just a sickness. Kavis is sick, Var, and the truth is that until we complete our mission, there's nothing we can do to help him. Regardless of what he says, despite the fact that I'm positive those emotions are real, there is still a purpose for the Sodaki. Regardless of how Dalmaa writes his prophesy, he intends that the Sodaki never reaches the Pawmark, so even though Kavis words things and believes there's no purpose behind returning the Stone, there is, and I am absolutely positive that something will happen if we succeed."

She glanced sidelong at Var, "I've been fooled enough times to be assured that Dalmaa only does things in order to manipulate us, and I don't intend to fall for it again. I will muster every last fiber of my being in order to find the strength to see through his lies to find the truth. In the end, Dalmaa spouted nothing but lies, and he is controlling Kavis as though he were a puppet; Kavis has no control over his own actions. We can't let little distractions make us forget our goal. That's what Dalmaa's doing, putting one distraction after another in our path to dissuade us from delivering the Sodaki; somehow, I have the feeling that the only role Dalmaa intends for it is to get it away from the Pawmark, and if it's in the realm of possibility, to destroy it so it no longer poses a threat to him, or somehow, use it's power against Protheus."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 7:01 am

Var would have spoken, but his thoughts were interrupted by something strange. Several cubs of lion form came rushing from the tall grasses as quickly as their small paws could take them. They finally collapsed as they made their way out. It looked as though their fur was a natural red, as it was soaked in the color almost completely. The stench of blood made Var's nose wrinkle. He watched as a third cub emerged from the grasses, pulling a fourth cub out. The fourth had fallen. Still breathing, but fading. Their side adorned with the teeth marks of an adult.

The cubs looked up at the group, their big eyes begging. "Please! Help! Mommy... she..." the cub said, looking back in the ferns. Var suspected that they were too young to know that their mother was dead, although at the same time he was sure that they knew. They just couldn't face the reality of it. It was something that they didn't know. Something that just didn't happen.

Var had an enormous urge to say something, he had to literally bite his tongue to keep his mouth shut. But he cringed, walking forward heavily. Subira made her way up to him and Kyra. "Don't look back..." she told them as she nudged them on. "Just look forward..."

"Wait! Help! Please!" the cubs cried as the group began to walk past. Var could still hear their cries from behind. The scary part was that they did not know where they were. They did not understand what had happened to them, nor who they had fallen victim to. For Dalmaa's name was just a name that floats away. Obscure, without many to know about him. But for those that do, they can recognize not only that he breaks hearts, but he himself is heartbroken.

Var pondered this. He began to tell himself again that Dalmaa isn't heartbroken. But sometimes it just seemed that way. The spirit leopard was either sad or angry. Not anything else. He was beginning to wonder if what Kavis had said was even true. But it seemed likely that it was. But something wasn't adding up. Kavis lied when he said the Stone didn't matter. Why else did Kavis ask to take it? Something was wrong. Var wanted to get to the bottom of this.

Who's fault was this all? Who was to blame?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 5:31 pm

Kyra knew there was no hope of the group helping the cubs. Their mother was dead, and though innocent, there was no bringing her back to life, no matter how traumatizing it was for them. They were soaked in her blood, and trapped in Dalmaa's Dream Field, on top of it all. They were beyond help, as long as Dalmaa's presence hung over this location, and no matter how much it was in the nature of one creature to help another, there was no saving them in this cruel place. The cub's only hope was to save themselves, to run and escape before they were forever trapped.

Inwardly, Kyra wished with all her heart that when the Sodaki was returned, that it would lift the spell that hung over the Dream Field. There were those that were broken that needed to be found, but the magic here made it impossible. It broke her heart again, as cold as she acted, when she turned her back and walked away. She had felt her heart break so much, to the point that it was nothing but scars, and had been through so much that it grew numb to things she should have felt. Another wound was added, and another scar that she would have to wear if she wanted to stop Dalmaa.

Dalmaa's actions were heartless, and without any reason. There was no justification for harming the innocent, as he had done. No matter what face he took, he was a deceiver, whose gifts were a poison in disguise. He tried to turn good things into a weakness, and that was perhaps the most evil thing, in that something wonderful could become so warped in the end. It took so much strength to resist the grip he tried to muster; but it wasn't impossible.

Kyra would look for a way to end this pain. She would show that what Dalmaa saw as a weakness was her greatest strength, and hold the world in her heart. She would find the reason why she existed in the world, until the day she died, and joined the spirits. She would make the world remember what love was, because so much it seemed to forget what that was. It was filled with victims who were all lost in their own way.

Kyra would stand against Dalmaa, not because of hatred, but because of love. She fought not because of her foe, but because of what stood behind her.

She steeled her resolve, and continued to walk forward, until the edge of the Dream Field was reached, and until the cubs were left far behind.

(We need to move on. Our characters have been in the Dream Field for a long time.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pride Days (IC): Hurt
Page 34 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34