Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!

Go down 
+3
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Maxx
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:50 am

I saw no harshness, you were fine.

Honestly, unless I google it (and my internet is not acting swell at this point) I have no idea how hot is too hot and how cold is too cold. Either way though, even if I changed that my character would be too OP. All of my dragons will be. In all honestly (about the powers and such) I think RPers should have a bit more freedom. Restrictions and rules are great but there are times when characters with just a little bit OP should be allowed but thoroughly made to the point where the fight is fair. Besides, Bella would not be much of a fighter anyways, she's more of a shy person who sits under a tree and cries about her past.

So I'll just skip out. Eh.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:06 am

Grox, you and I both know that personality hasn't nothing to do with fighting ability. Just because you don't want to fight doesn't mean that you won't fight. Secondly, the rules are there so that no character is too powerful. our highest speed is 500 mph because any speed higher would badly damage any organism. heat above 5,000 degrees fahrenheit is so hot that it would incinerate you no matter how much magic you had and would cause so much Area of Effect damaged that you would try to hit one enemy and scorch an entire town, taking yourself with it. If your dragon is too heavy, they'll never get off the ground and won't be able to fly, making them basically useless in an RP where everyone's moving around. A dragon living 500 years is a stretch in itself. Beasts that are this large without living in water shouldn't live that long because of the stress being that size puts on your body.

Now, I understand that dragons use magic, but magic doesn't solve all your problems. If so, Harry Potter would have been one book and not 7. We can't be making immortal, invincible dragons by using magic, because that's unrealistic. Also, with your age, Dragons are like dogs; they're one species with many different breeds, so all of them have the same lifespan.

Once again, as Vipera said, I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, but I'm just being realistic.

Anyways...if Grox is out, then I guess this rp is dead for good... I'm sorry vipes but I'm not doing a 2 person roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:17 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
Grox, you and I both know that personality hasn't nothing to do with fighting ability. Just because you don't want to fight doesn't mean that you won't fight. Secondly, the rules are there so that no character is too powerful. our highest speed is 500 mph because any speed higher would badly damage any organism. heat above 5,000 degrees fahrenheit is so hot that it would incinerate you no matter how much magic you had and would cause so much Area of Effect damaged that you would try to hit one enemy and scorch an entire town, taking yourself with it. If your dragon is too heavy, they'll never get off the ground and won't be able to fly, making them basically useless in an RP where everyone's moving around. A dragon living 500 years is a stretch in itself. Beasts that are this large without living in water shouldn't live that long because of the stress being that size puts on your body.

Now, I understand that dragons use magic, but magic doesn't solve all your problems. If so, Harry Potter would have been one book and not 7. We can't be making immortal, invincible dragons by using magic, because that's unrealistic. Also, with your age, Dragons are like dogs; they're one species with many different breeds, so all of them have the same lifespan.

Once again, as Vipera said, I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, but I'm just being realistic.

Anyways...if Grox is out, then I guess this rp is dead for good... I'm sorry vipes but I'm not doing a 2 person roleplay.

Yes, things I pretty much already know, minus the weight and temperature thingies. And Bella is not immortal, seeing the dead and such does not mean she lives forever. But seriously, in a dragon RP I don't think we have to get too technical. I would just leave it at fire, and if necessary "extremely hot blue fire" if you want something that powerful. There's really no reason to over-complicate things, even though I'm sure it adds realism. I like RPs that are pretty logical, yet not entirely scientific-y or too logical and hard to understand. I would simply just put "fire" or "ice"

I admit I really am stupid in that subject, but even if I was smarter around those areas I still think that's just a bit too complicated and Bella has been and will always be 719 years old, I really cannot change that. I've read books before when a 1,000 year old dragon was just entering adulthood and a 9,000 year old was elder. Age really doesn't matter much and I wouldn't put a label on what the "average" age is.

One thing I love about dragons, is you can make them however you want them.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:18 am

You can make dragons however you want, but they need to obey the laws of physics.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:27 am

Laws of physics are one thing I despise.

However when you're talking about weight, I understand. Really, she's not huge, Bella. She's actually quite small, light, and lean. I just... have no idea how you would put her weight...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:31 am

Yes, Bella is very light, but she's disproportionately sized. She's 147 feet long and 800 pounds. That doesn't make sense Grox.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:33 am

If you leave her only breath ability at simply a high-temperature flame, then I'd be perfectly happy with the massive size and such, although if it's as big as you say, it should still weigh a lot more than 800 lbs, and would have to have incredibly large wings, possibly ones with membranes that trail along the tail. My own dragon, which is about the same size as the world's third largest whale, weighs several tons, and only flies because of her incredibly large wingspan and muscular build.

Also, a blue fire would be about 2,900 F. I actually researched fire making my characters, and I am still shocked that a candle flame is 1,800 F, considering I thought it was a lot less. I guess that's because Fire is a form of plasma.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:33 am

Bella is not that big. She's more the size of Saphira from Eragon. And note that I did not just suddenly make her up, I've had her for a very long time now. I made her for a story last summer. So I really doubt that I'll be changing her looks any time soon and I cannot enter Tharan here. He's even more OP than Bella as is Naloma, Sakura, and Shadow. Plus as I understand, you do not want me to enter a bad guy so Shadow is out of the question (plus I didn't even really want to play as him in the first place).
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:57 am

Grox, She is practically 15 yards longer than a blue whale. Unless a large portion of her length is her tail, then she's gigantic. If you looked at a picture from the movie (I'm pretty positive that's what you based it off of) then she's more the size of an brachiosaurus, which would be about 20 meters long from nose to tail, if you're comparing her to the size of a human.

Here is a picture from wikipedia showing dinosaurs in the size range you listed. The human is a tiny dot in comparison. Your dragon would be somewhere in length between the two largest ones.

Dinosaur-Human Size Comparison
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:59 am

Grox, if you don't want to ruin your characters, then why not make a new dragon that is within the guidelines?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:09 am

Actually, that would be a good solution, really, and I really do want to be in an RP with dragons.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 am

So grox are you in or not?

Also vipes, what's that new egg you have?

O_o

Is that a forge dragon?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:36 am

No such thing as a forge dragon. It's a red speckle, I think.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:37 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
No such thing as a forge dragon. It's a red speckle, I think.

Ignore the forge thing. A friend of mine on the dragon cave forums made this beast-looking dragon called a forge dragon and I thought they accepted it.

Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:56 am

Kay, then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!    Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Imagine Dragons OOC/planning stage. We want your feedback!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4