Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Trimmed

Go down 
+8
Maxx
JunkMail
Lieo
ultra
DemDogg
ViperaUnion
The Stalker of Shadows
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 12:19 am

Hm.. Would anyone mind if I shoehorn another concept? I want to say that powers are reliant on an emotional and physical state. If it's bad that means that powers cannot be used effectively and will be sporatic, and if it's good then powers can be used normally. Of course this will greatly help unlocking the Bursts if someone is pushed to their very limits.

Also, I updated the sheet on the OP to include Power Classes and Burst Potential. If everyone were to be kind enough to put the Bursts they want for each character and their class.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:20 am

I haven't quite figured all my characters out yet, although if possible, I think I have yet another character idea that I'm willing to share with everyone, unlike the other one which is still hidden. What would you say about a character that can control their own hormones as well as pheromones? It's not exactly combat-related, but I think the idea would be unique.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:25 am

You'd have to give me some details. Both hormone and pheromone manipulation can be powerful abilities even if limited to oneself.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:47 am

Well, I was already considering these. I personally think pheromone manipulation is most likely to be abused if the character tries to manipulate people, or make themselves more attractive to get what they want. I decided to incorporate some sort of beast aspect that would kind of offset the attractiveness part, and then maybe make them a bit anti-social, so they'd focus on trying to repel people, rather than attract them. It would also prevent fights, since technically I'm going to say my character is a lot weaker compared to others.

As for Hormones, while my character can technically activate them at will, they will have enough knowledge of biology to refrain from using them too much, so even if muscle growth or some other thing could be achieved through hormones, fear of other things like premature aging or cancer would keep them from doing that. I also intend on the hormones backfiring at times, for example, adrenaline suppresses the immune system, so maybe my character feels a bit ill afterwards, not just physically weak.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Very well. Make me a sheet and I'll give my judgement.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Okay, then.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 7:32 pm

hi guys anything good going on?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 7:54 pm

Not much. Just the character I'm going to see is okay for the RP or not.

Basic Information

Name: Sandra Armstrong
Nicknames: Sandy, Leafnose
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 146lbs.

Appearance

Hair Color: Natural Red
Eye Color: Amber
Nationality: Caucasian

Physical Appearance: Sandy is not at all what someone would consider pretty. As a result of her mutations, she has developed beast-like characteristics that are often regarded as repulsive and ugly. Her face, while still somewhat shaped like a human’s, more strongly resembles that of a white-winged vampire bat, although Sandy doesn’t feed on blood. She has a hideous, leaf-shaped nose with highly prominent nostrils and pink, wrinkled skin that covers much of her face. Where the prominent bridge of her nose is not present, she is covered with bright red fur. While her eyes are amber, like their original color, they have taken on a beady appearance that doesn’t seem entirely human. Her upper canines have also elongated to the point that they show even if Sandy slightly opens her mouth. Her ears are the only factor of her appearance that seem to have been left unchanged by her mutations, not having any fur, and still identical to a normal human. Sandy’s entire body is covered with a red pelt, which she seems to keep in good condition, as it is extremely glossy and healthy in appearance. She does not seem to have any strange physical mutations aside from her face and fur, although a membrane of webbing can be seen between her fingers, excluding the thumbs. This small membrane is a pale pink color, with white edges, although it does not have any function. She does not have any fur on the soles of her feet, which are tough from walking barefoot.

Attire: Sandy doesn’t really worry too much about how she dresses, considering she doesn’t care about how people see her, and she’s covered with fur and ugly by human standards to begin with. As a result, all she ever wears is tattered t-shirts of various colors and shorts that go down to just above the knee. She does not wear shoes, and prefers to walk around barefoot.
Personality

Innate Personality: Sandy, overall, is extremely anti-social and a loner, having a deep hatred for being around other people, whom she sees as dead weight that drag her down, and wanting of favors or obligations she has no desire to fulfill. Extremely aggressive and hostile, she avoids other people whenever she can, and if she becomes stuck in a conversation, it is highly unlikely that she will stay for very long, wanting to leave as soon as possible. Practically turning passive-aggressive behavior into a sport, she is an abrasive person whose personality is toxic, spreading to others around her. If asked to do something, she is unreliable, arriving to a designated place late, or intentionally forgetting what she was supposed to do. She may also make hostile jokes meant veil attacks on other people. While plenty of people call her extremely mean and cruel, she could care less what others think, and would honestly rather tell them all to go away and leave her alone. Because she does not have any superhuman physical abilities that make her stronger in fights, she largely avoids them, and because others dislike her she is often frequently threatened by them because they are typically stronger. This does not stop her behavior, though, and in fact worsens it, as she loathes people that tell her what to do, and she often tries to rebel against forces that try to pin her down. As a result, there is typically a sort of pattern in her behavior, with jealousy at the root of it all. When she is not around others, she is typically more calm and laid-back in manner, often simply wandering about whatever area she has decided to stake claim on as territory, and sometimes trying to see if she can take clippings from bushes or trees and making them grow. Often she fails, but she is extremely happy when it works.

Outward Personality: Sandy is typically extremely hostile towards other people, jealous of their powers most of the time, desiring to punish them for something nobody can control, although she is not violent, because she is physically not very strong, and would rather not bother trying to use her powers to manipulate them. As a result, she lashes out in every way she can without causing a fight, resorting to insults and attacks on character or noble intentions. She is also unreliable, intentionally forgetting things, or simply not doing them. While this can repel people, it can also provoke them into threatening her, which only makes matters worse, as she will then accuse them of abusing their own powers. Overall, Sandy is extremely hateful, and while she insults people, she mostly wants them to leave her alone so she can go about her own matters.

Hobbies/Skills: Sandy’s main hobby is gardening, and when trapped in the Sparrowdale Academy, this is defined as wandering through the two-mile strip of woods outside the school grounds and planting twigs from trees in whatever soil looks like it might grow. She’s no expert, but Sandy enjoys doing it, regardless.

History/Bio: Sandy was born in a small town in West Virginia, to a single mom who worked as a waitress, and was barely able to support the two of them together. Because of this, Sandy did not get to enjoy many luxuries that most children have, and because her mother’s boss was not the nicest person, and her mother returned home and told her what he did, Sandy spent much of her life with a hatred of authority, and also a loathing for other people, as she herself dragged her mother down, and she believed that she would be better off not having to worry about others. When she started to mutate, Sandy was more aggravated, than anything, when she began attracting animals, namely stray cats, which simply drew attention to her increasingly unusual appearance. When she received a letter from the Sparrowdale Academy, Sandy accepted without hesitation, believing that she would be better off on her own.

Favorite color:

Abilities

Power: Sandy has the ability to regulate and control her own hormones, as well as generate specific pheromones, although she is limited to those produced by mammals only. While at first glance this may not seem like much, it is actually extremely powerful. Because she can control her hormones, Sandy has the capability to do things such as activating adrenaline at will, suppressing hunger or thirst, and even suppressing severe pain. She can also accelerate her healing process through cell division, and increase her muscle mass over time by using testosterone. These are only a few abilities that she has linked to hormones, and while there are many of them, a few are seldom ever used. With the ability to control pheromones, Sandy can give off smells that affect others (Mammalian in origin, others excluded). This can range from a scent that attracts them to her, to those that mark territory and make people instinctively avoid certain places. She can also use her powers to make people feel sleepy or drowsy (Not like knockout gas, it’s not instant), or even make them feel physically ill. She can also make a trail that others can follow later. Overall, Sandy can use these two abilities to great effect, but it does have drawbacks, including Sandy’s own reluctance to use them.

Weaknesses: While being able to control hormones and pheromones is a powerful ability, it does have disadvantages, one of the main ones being that while Sandy can control her hormones, they are still hormones, and may affect her behavior or physical state in a negative way. For example, while Sandy can activate adrenaline at will, it still has negative drawbacks, and while in effect, she may overexert herself, causing injury and suppressing her immune system, which may result in her becoming sick. Sandy can also only control her hormones if she actively thinks about them, meaning that she almost always has a certain amount of split focus, although it is not very much. It does make her vulnerable to psychic attacks, however. While she could increase her physical strength over time with testosterone, and heal faster by speeding up cell division, Sandy avoids these, due to knowledge that there is risk of cancer or other strange things as a result. While she can control her pheromones, Sandy will also give them off depending on her mood. As a result, she is relatively easy to track by scent, as she cannot turn this power off

Other:
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Well, Vipes. I've read over the sheet and I have one problem. From what I'm getting from the personality section; Sandy has no redeemable social qualities, and she's essentially nothing more than a jerk.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Well, I can edit the personality section, then. I was trying to balance out her abilities by making her hard to be around, I guess I went a bit overkill there. Besides, I kind of wanted to make her just a loner, but I guess I could have worried too much about making too many of the same kind of person, since a lot of my characters are like that. Maybe I should just make her headstrong and stubborn where she offends people without entirely knowing how.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Just downplay it a little bit, plox.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Okay, then.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:58 pm

Bloop.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Well, I'm giving Sandy an overhaul on personality, and I like her more already, to be honest. Now she's more likely to just cause problems out of a mischevious nature, and not out of malice. Here's her new personality and bio.

Basic Information

Name: Sandra Armstrong
Nicknames: Sandy, Leafnose
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 146lbs.

Appearance

Hair Color: Natural Red
Eye Color: Amber
Nationality: Caucasian

Physical Appearance: Sandy is not at all what someone would consider pretty. As a result of her mutations, she has developed beast-like characteristics that are often regarded as repulsive and ugly. Her face, while still somewhat shaped like a human’s, more strongly resembles that of a white-winged vampire bat, although Sandy doesn’t feed on blood. She has a hideous, leaf-shaped nose with highly prominent nostrils and pink, wrinkled skin that covers much of her face. Where the prominent bridge of her nose is not present, she is covered with bright red fur. While her eyes are amber, like their original color, they have taken on a beady appearance that doesn’t seem entirely human. Her upper canines have also elongated to the point that they show even if Sandy slightly opens her mouth. Her ears are the only factor of her appearance that seem to have been left unchanged by her mutations, not having any fur, and still identical to a normal human. Sandy’s entire body is covered with a red pelt, which she seems to keep in good condition, as it is extremely glossy and healthy in appearance. She does not seem to have any strange physical mutations aside from her face and fur, although a membrane of webbing can be seen between her fingers, excluding the thumbs. This small membrane is a pale pink color, with white edges, although it does not have any function. She does not have any fur on the soles of her feet, which are tough from walking barefoot.

Attire: Sandy doesn’t really worry too much about how she dresses, considering she doesn’t care about how people see her, and she’s covered with fur and ugly by human standards to begin with. As a result, all she ever wears is tattered t-shirts of various colors and shorts that go down to just above the knee. She does not wear shoes, and prefers to walk around barefoot.

Personality

Innate Personality: Sandy for the most part largely prefers to be alone, but even in such cases; it’s always nice to have at least one person around who she can go to if she needs help. However, even then, sometimes she can be a bit difficult to understand, having a headstrong, rebellious personality that makes it difficult to make her listen to anything that other people say, and effectively acting as a barrier to communication. Being divergent by nature, she often doesn’t do what people tell her to do, and worse, will often do the exact opposite, just to annoy the people that boss her around, often being irritated by any presence of authority. Often thoroughly convinced people she encounters found her by tracking her via her natural pheromones; she typically rudely questions their intentions, not caring about the consequences of her own actions. As a result, she makes a lot of enemies, but she often doesn’t think she can trust anyone, because her own powers are considered a bit of a curse. However, even if she has a lot of people who don’t like her for her stubborn and quirky nature, most of the time these problems only ever result in verbal arguments, Sandy being too weak physically to get into a fight with another mutant who could possibly kill her. Because she doesn’t listen to what other people say or think of her, Sandy has a lot of self-confidence, which can sometimes spread to other people, when her thick skull isn’t constantly annoying them. While she won’t follow other people or listen to them, Sandy is largely just insecure about her own powers interfering with her having ‘real’ friends, and maybe a bit jealous of the other mutants who probably don’t constantly think about weird things like hormonal changes and their effects on the body, or how they smell. When she is alone, Sandy often wanders around in heavily wooded areas that she has staked as her territory, marking them with repellant pheromones to make people avoid them. When she is in this location, she typically relaxes, and does various things, such as trying to climb a tree, or take a clip from a green branch and plant it somewhere and see if it grows or not. She may also sometimes be seen reading thick books on biology, often focusing on the brain or the endocrine system. Among meta-humans, Sandy likely knows the most about how chemicals affect the body.

Outward Personality: Sandy is extremely hard to work with for most people, in part because she doesn’t like authority and enjoys messing with the people in charge, aggravating them for fun, and second; she just doesn’t obey orders. Worse, she often purposefully does the exact opposite, just to see what happens. Being unreliable for most things, and for the most part impossible to control, Sandy often gets on the last nerve of other people, agitating them to the point that they threaten her. However, because she’s not really malicious, and just merely headstrong, rebellious, and unpredictable, it’s hard to start a fight, when it’s easier to get into a verbal argument. However, when she’s on good standings with someone, she usually just comes off as quirky, and maybe a bit crazy, although after learning about her powers most people find it easy to blame hormones. Often trying to avoid a large crowd, Sandy sometimes uses her pheromone abilities to manipulate others into staying away, although largely she doesn’t try to control anyone.

Hobbies/Skills: Sandy’s main hobby is gardening, and when trapped in the Sparrowdale Academy, this is defined as wandering through the two-mile strip of woods outside the school grounds and planting twigs from trees in whatever soil looks like it might grow. She’s no expert, but Sandy enjoys doing it, regardless.

History/Bio: Sandy was born in a small town in West Virginia, where she was supported by her single mother, who worked as a waitress. While initially she was a good kid, she had a lot of limitations on what she could see or do, and as a result developed a dislike of authority figures, often seeing them as barriers to freedom and happiness. After she began to mutate, her mother began forcing harsh sets of rules upon her to keep her strange appearance hidden, and while this was mostly for Sandy’s safety, she saw it more as a way of keeping her locked up and under control. As soon as she received a letter from the Sparrowdale Academy, Sandy chose to go, mostly for the sake of having a place to live where she could do as she pleased.

Favorite color:

Abilities

Power: Sandy has the ability to regulate and control her own hormones, as well as generate specific pheromones, although she is limited to those produced by mammals only. While at first glance this may not seem like much, it is actually extremely powerful. Because she can control her hormones, Sandy has the capability to do things such as activating adrenaline at will, suppressing hunger or thirst, and even suppressing severe pain. She can also accelerate her healing process through cell division, and increase her muscle mass over time by using testosterone. These are only a few abilities that she has linked to hormones, being more than can be listed, and while there are many of them, a few are seldom ever used. With the ability to control pheromones, Sandy can give off smells that affect others (Mammalian in origin, others excluded). This can range from a scent that attracts them to her, to those that mark territory and make people instinctively avoid certain places. She can also use her powers to make people feel sleepy or drowsy (Not like knockout gas, it’s not instant), or even make them feel physically ill. She can also make a trail that others can follow later. Overall, Sandy can use these two abilities to great effect, but it does have drawbacks, including Sandy’s own reluctance to use them.

Weaknesses: While being able to control hormones and pheromones is a powerful ability, it does have disadvantages, one of the main ones being that while Sandy can control her hormones, they are still hormones, and may affect her behavior or physical state in a negative way. For example, while Sandy can activate adrenaline at will, it still has negative drawbacks, and while in effect, she may overexert herself, causing injury and suppressing her immune system, which may result in her becoming sick. Sandy can also only control her hormones if she actively thinks about them, meaning that she almost always has a certain amount of split focus, although it is not very much. It does make her vulnerable to psychic attacks, however. While she could increase her physical strength over time with testosterone, and heal faster by speeding up cell division, Sandy avoids these, due to knowledge that there is risk of cancer or other strange things as a result. While she can control her pheromones, Sandy will also give them off depending on her mood or condition. As a result, she is relatively easy to track by scent, as she cannot turn this power off.

Other:
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:57 pm

interesting character Vipra. it is different from the ones you normally make. Kudos! CD.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:03 pm

I've made spirited characters before, and usually they act as comic relief in a story because of how they behave.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:31 pm

I see. well I really need to put up a post. later perhaps. watching Nina Assassin right now.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Accepted. I have a character of my own in mind... he'll have an interesting power.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:11 pm

Well, I guess that's enough characters for me by this point. I already have four everyone knows about, and then there's the fifth whose power is supposed to be a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Sorry Lone. I keep getting unexpected work loads piled onto me. I'll probably have to drop out.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:20 pm

S'all good. Since you never posted I can just pretend that Damon never existed.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:33 am

I keep meaning to post, but I keep getting busy with other stuff. if I don't have one up tommarow or the day after I may have to drop out as well for the simple fact I just can't. I hope I don't have to but like Lieo stuff keeps coming up. so this is just a heads up in cause I need to.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:51 am

Bawwwwwwww
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:58 am

teh sads they hurtzez u yez?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 3:20 am

It stinks, but we still have members, thankfully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Trimmed
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next