Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Trimmed

Go down 
+8
Maxx
JunkMail
Lieo
ultra
DemDogg
ViperaUnion
The Stalker of Shadows
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:24 pm

I'll have Dragonfly overhear and then stalk Nicole and Drake to find the source (If those are the right people, still learning everyone's names).

Out of curiosity, I made a comments that people have spread rumors about Dragonfly's mental issues saying he is completely insane (Which is wrong, it's only half the time), do you think they should know about that?

It's up to you, really. But knowing would influence their reactions to seeing him when he lets his camo down (It's like his power, he can't overuse it).
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Well, Sandy and my other character are both loners, they usually avoid people. They would probably ignore gossip, and even possibly frown upon people who do it. They might be intimidated by Dragonfly's appearance, but I doubt that they would know his mental issues.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:40 pm

-

Last edited by Mr Allen J on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Johnny and Sylvia

Johnny:

Sylvia:

Last edited by Mr Allen J on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Vipera, was the "sometimes invisible" bit about TJ getting into the lounge without going through the door?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:10 pm

No, there's a guy among the new arrivals who can turn invisible. Marie is a bit of a child genius, she figures stuff out pretty fast. She doesn't know who TJ is.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:14 pm

So she's not talking to TJ? I'm confused. You said a dollar in his hand, and blood-covered clothes, so I assumed it to be TJ.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:42 pm

There's a third person in Marie was talking to. Nicole was also talking to someone else before Drake came along, so there's three people in that group, too.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Are you talking about TJ or john Vipera? TJ introduced himself.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Sorry, there's a lot of confusion, Maxx.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 6:36 pm

Yes, yes there is. We need ultra to post.

Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Mehah, that was a good way to put it.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Okay, TJ introduced himself. Everyone in that convo now refer to him as TJ. Now we only have one person who nobody knows who he is.

Btw, does anyone know where I got TJ's name from?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Not really...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 7:52 pm

The Great Gatsby. The eyes of Dr.TJ Eckleburg are on a billboard for an optometrist and overlook this dirty, dusty area of New York that is known as the Valley of Ashes. At the end, the eyes are referred to as the eyes of God by the mentally unstable Wilson. Basically, the eyes stare across this urban Hell, watching the terror that is unfolding.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Okay...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:26 pm

Basic Information

Name: Carolina Elias
Nicknames: Carole
Height: 5'11
Weight: 110 lbs

Appearance

Hair Color: black
Eye Color: blue
Nationality: Brazilian

Physical Appearance: Carolina looks like your average millionheiress. She is tall and thin, with flawless caramel skin and slender, elegant limbs, like a dancer. Her face is slim, with bony cheekbones and a rounded chin. Her eyes are veyr vibrant, and her skin impeccable thanks to all the makeup she smothers it with. Her lips are full and bright red, which she says is natural, but is obviously done with a ton of makeup. Her hair comes down to the small of her back, and his always perfectly glossy and straight, without a single hair out of place. It seems almost as if she never looks bad, as she uses half her weekly $1,000 allowance every week to assure that she is the most attractive person on campus at all times.

Attire: Carole always wears the newest, most beautiful thing that any french fashion designed comes up with. The moment a new dress comes out, she has to have it. Her favorite color to wear is red, as it goes well with her skin tone and nails, which are always painted red. She always has a pair of diamond earrings on, as well as a diamond necklace given to her by her father. She also always wears some sort of high heels, though the color and style changes daily.

Personality

Innate Personality:
Outward Personality:

History/Bio: Carole Elias is the youngest daughter of the billionaire night club owner Javier Elias. Her entire life, she's been pampered, pruned, and spoiled by her dad. She was always his favorite, and she always got what she wanted. She spent her early adolescent years in night clubs drinking, grossly underage but never reprimanded because her father saw a halo above her head and angel wings. Carolina Elias was the perfect little girl, and she never did anything wrong in the mind of her father.

However, one day something happened. Carole awoke to the blare of sirens and she was pulled out of bed by her father. Her mother had been hit by a drunk driver and killed in front of her own mansion in Brazil. Carole's father fell into spiraling depression, and suddenly, he turned very sour. So, when Carole found out she had powers at age 14 (much to her father's displeasure), she told her dad about a school that took in mutants and protected them from the world. Javier told the press his little angel was going to a boarding school in America, but would not tell them the location of it. So, she went to the Academy, and has lived there three years.

Favorite color: derp

Abilities

Power Class: elemental, I suppose

Power: Carole has the power of alchemy; she can transform one substance into another. For millennia, man has worked with their machines and presses and lava cauldrons to do what she can without breaking a sweat; turn things into gold. Carole isn't limited to gold, however. She can turn any substance into another with no real limit to what she can turn it into. Touching the object makes her power work quicker, but anything relatively close to her can be manipulated simply by her thinking about it.

Weaknesses: For such an incredible ability, Carole has some serious weaknesses. You see, splitting atoms to turn them into other atoms and molecules to make new molecules isn't exactly supposed to happen. So, when Carole overuses her powers, things start to happen. Kind of like in a nuclear reactor, the excess protons, neutrons, and electrons that Carole expel are sent whizzing around, eventually colliding with other atoms and causing weird side effects. When Carole overuses her powers, things often start breaking. Very rarely, these reactions cause chemical radiation which is very dangerous and is the reason why Carole keeps a Geiger counter in her purse. If she overuses her abilities, this radiation builds up and could possibly kill her. Also, Carole's powers don't work on living things, as they are too complex to alter.

Burst Potential: Alpha, Delta, Theta

Other:

Last edited by Maxx Toron on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Oh...dear...let's not have that sort of mutant, Maxx.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:33 pm

Why not?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:40 pm

It's forced romance, Maxx, I don't like the idea of the RP having people fall in love left and right because someone toyed with them, and it's made worse by the fact that my own characters, who are straight, could fall in love with someone of the same gender. By that point it's morally offensive to me.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:45 pm

I was going to make that same piont... but i closed my tab by accident.....

Anyways I'm taking a hiatus from the RP. I've been absent and I need to focus on my Work in trade. I hope to come back later, but I need to manage my timr better. It should only bee for a couple of weeks at most, but I figured you guys would need a heads up.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Basic Information

Name: Gabriela Mya of the Valos Lineage
Nicknames: Fire starter, Gabe, The Girl with the Strongest Kick
Height: 5'5
Weight: 149

Appearance

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Nationality: Brazilian
Physical Appearance: Gabriela looks much like her twin brother Jake. She has a squared and well defined face. With a very large forehead and tear-drop shaped head. Her chin is small and tucked in. Gabe's eyes are rounded and have pointy tips. Her nose is average sized aside from having large and notable nostrils. Her ears are rounded and very small. She has thick, full lips that have quite the width. Gabe has an athletic build, she's muscular in some parts of her body such as her arms and legs. She has long thick well defined legs that are very muscular and impressive. She stands at an average height, an inch shorter than her brother. She does however make up for it in a nice build. Her skin is light caramel colored and not very perfect. Her skin has plenty of blemishes, beauty marks and scars (some with stories), especially on her face. The most notable scar is the light scar that forms a crescent moon over her ear. Gabe also has a thin straight scar under her eyebrow. Gabe's hair is light-black, and long. It's is styled like thin long dreadlocks. Finally, due to a dare by Johnny, she got a tattoo on her shoulder. This is a tribal tattoo of fire on her right shoulder, to match the powers she has.

Attire: I'll describe it IC side.

Personality

Innate Personality: I'll IC this.
Outward Personality: This too.
Hobbies/Skills: Gabe has been taught the best self-defense training money could buy. She can handle herself in a fist fight to all out brawls. She just doesn't have too much experience. But, she has training. Gabe also is invested in several other hobbies such as knitting. While she tries to keep it a secret; she keeps a ball of yarn near her and when she's alone she can be seen knitting. Gabe also has invested quite a bit into sports, she's an expert at soccer.

Favorite color:

Abilities

Power Class: Elemental/Super-System/Energy (?)

Power: While Gabriela isn't a true fire elemental she has a power close to it, she can't create fire. She has the Fire Heart, which gifts her with several abilities. The first ability worth mentioning is that she's completely immune to heat. Absolutely nothing heat related will damage her in the slightest. Gabe can be dropped into molten lava, and thrown into the sun. With zero effects on her well being (then again, there's other problems resulting from that). The cold doesn't effect her too much, since she's always hot. The next ability she has is anything hot or on fire will get much hotter. Fires will start to burn brighter and dance when she's around. They'll get out of control very fast. For example, if someone ignites a lighter near her the fire will be much larger, and quickly the lighter will get so hot that they'll get burnt. This makes any amount of fire around her very dangerous. Gabriela can technically create fire. She can serve as a catalyst for friction-based combustion. To elaborate: She can enhance heat based-friction reactions to the point if she rubs her thumb against something it'll catch fire. She can use this on the air around her very well and cause it to burst into air, only for it to dissipate a moment later. Her last and most powerful ability is that she can super-heat any part of her body. When Gabe super heats her body her skin will glow bright orange and will be insanely hot. While she can only super heat two parts of her body at one time, this enhances her strikes, and gives her the ability to melt metal in moments. Gabe usually uses this power to super heat her legs and strike down foes.

Advanced powers would include control over the Pyric Spectrum (control over all forms of fire), turning into fire, and absorbing heat.

Weaknesses: Water. Lots of it. This would only apply if she's submerged in water. Once she's in water her body will start to cool down. If she fully cools down her Fire Heart will be extinguished for at least a few days. This means she'll be cut off from all her heat powers except for her resistance. The cold will be extra dangerous against her, and intense cold may kill her. Exposing her to heat will speed up the process of recovering her fire heart. Gabriela isn't immune to smoke in any way, so if she breathes in too much smoke she'll die of smoke inhalation. Finally, she has no control over fire (at the moment) any flames and heat that get out of control may cause unnecessary damage to allies and personal possessions. This is a bigger weakness than you may think.

Burst Potential: Theta, Gamma and Delta

Other: She is the younger half sister of Johnny and Jake, but, isn't related to Sylvia in any way.

Last edited by New Supplice on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:47 pm

ultra, John didnt notice the two other people in your post?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:06 am

I'm changing Carole's power to alchemy for those who don't know. It will have weaknesses so don't freak out.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:09 am

Ultra... You completely ignored TJ and liu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Trimmed
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next