Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Trimmed

Go down 
+8
Maxx
JunkMail
Lieo
ultra
DemDogg
ViperaUnion
The Stalker of Shadows
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 2:32 pm

I hate spotty Wi-Fi. At my house it's like that, but here at my aunt's it isn't.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:15 pm

Well, actually, if you want me to be honest, we're using a different TV, and my computer messed up when I decided to turn it off. Do you think it's possible that remote signals really can interfere with other technology?
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:16 pm

I don't know. Maybe. I never really thought about it *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm actually a little convinced it was the remote...
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:28 pm

I know some universal remotes can
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:39 pm

It probably was the remote, then, although I can't say it's universal. Sure freaked me out, though, I did a virus scan on all my computer systems.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm gonna be a bit busy for most of today. I'll get my post up tonight (Its already halfway done, I just need to finish).
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:03 pm

okay :3 yeah, that's probably what I would've done, too, Vipera XD
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:07 pm

My last character for this RP. I'm likely going to kill/write off Jia-li or shift her into the background.

Basic Information

Name: Lin China Kentt
Nicknames:
Height: 5'7 (Across both forms)
Weight: 136 (Weight changes depending on current form, this is the weight of her default form)

Appearance

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown (Default Form), Blue (Natural Form)
Nationality: Chinese
Physical Appearance: Lin has two bodies she mainly appears as because of her Shape-shifting power. There's her super attractive "default" form. Then there's, her original/natural form, which is far less attractive. Jia-li can become virtually any human.

In her "default" form, she is beautiful, even better looking than models. She no longer appears to be ugly, and unattractive like her natural/original form--- Now she's quite the opposite. Easily one of the most beautiful women in the Academy. She appears to be completely different as well, retaining many similarities to her original, natural form. Lin has a very athletic build. She has a thin body, with a muscular build. She appears to be muscular throughout her body, and she has six-pack abs on her belly. She's mostly muscular because she plays lots of soccer. Lin's skin is a perfect shade of yellow, true to her Chinese descents. Her skin appears to be much lighter compared to her original body. Her skin is plastered with brown freckles, the most of them are on her face. Lin's face is much, much better looking than before. She has a near avian-like face, that is very well defined. Her cheeks are small, and somewhat squared due to her sharp jaw-line. Her head is heart shaped. It is large at the top, and as it goes down, it gets sleeker and pointed. Her chin is pointed, and she has a very sharp and pronounced jawline. Her eyes are brown colored, and average sized. True to her Asian descents, her eyes are pointed at the side. Lin's lips are thick and full. They aren't that noticeable compared to the rest of her face. Her being is completely scar-less, and without any moles or blemishes. Lin's hair is an unnatural shade of black, and straight. She keeps it in a small bun, on the top of the back of her head. On the bun, she usually has a plastic flower stuck into it.

In her natural form, she is far less attractive. She looks fairly bland and ugly to be honest. She has a slim, athletic frame. She has some wide shoulders and thick legs. She's also muscular, not as muscular as she is in her default form. But, her arms, and legs seem to be well defined. That obviously suggests that she has been living an athletic life. Which is true since she plays plenty of soccer. From that athletic life; she has plenty of scars on her body. Just plastered around her body, there isn't any scars with any major stories attached to them. Lin isn't exactly a looker. She's pretty ugly to be honest. She has a very wide head. Her face is rounded, and pudgy. Her cheeks are wide and pudgy, she has moles and blemishes all over them. She has a very small nose, with small nostrils along with a long nose-bridge. Her ears are average sized and slightly pointed at the very top. Her eyes are also a bit smaller than average, her eyes a beautiful shade of blue. It makes her look unlike her Asian descent. Since the usual eye color of that race is brown/darker. Lin has several brown freckles plastered across her face and some places on her body.

Attire: Lin's attire varies greatly from day to day, and it depends on her current form. Despite her (Usual) super-model appearance, she dresses quite blandly sometimes. She usually wears any clothes that both fit and match. She does like to wear frilled shirts and dress shirts. She is usually seen wearing tan jeans, or cargo pants. There is one thing that Lin will never be seen without a golden ring on the index finger of her right arm. It is a wedding ring, even though Lin wasn't married. Which is a gift from one of her oldest friends, before she went away. This ring reminds Lin of that special friend. On special occasions, Lin can be seen wearing an assortment of dresses. Most of them are modest, and show little to no naughty bits. Most of these dresses are white colored.

Personality

Innate & Outward Personality: Lin is a very nice and polite person. She almost never treats anyone unfairly and rudely at first. She's a very easy person to get along with, as long as you're nice in return. To those who aren't, she isn't exactly mentally or emotionally capable of dealing with them. She can easily be insulted if someone is nasty enough. She's not exactly good with come-backs either. Lin isn't a violent person, in fact, she hates the very concept of violence. She usually avoids people who use violence for "wrong" reasons. However, she can tolerate a person who fights for good reasons (In her eyes). As long as they don't act like thugs. Obviously, she is a pacifist. Only when forced into desperate situations will she attempt to use violence. Lin can be a bit of a doormat at times. Easy to intimidate with violence, and is easily bullied. She doesn't have the will to stand up for herself. This means that she can be forced into something that she doesn't want to be rather easily. Lin will try to avoid this by either running away or hiding from someone who does. This mentally that she has stems from earlier childhood bullying and abuse. Lin is a quiet girl when around other people. She just stays quiet (or in the background) while other people talk, and sometimes when someone says something; she'll speak. This doesn't count if she's apart of the active conversation.

Hobbies/Skills: Lin has a near infinite amount of patience. It is almost impossible for her to get bored. Aside from that, Lin  plays a lot of soccer. She's extremely good at running and very skilled with the sport. She's on the road to becoming a professional. As a side effect of this, she can run pretty fast (Depending on her current form). Lin is also a very good swimmer, she can swim quite fast. She also likes sledding, Peter Pan, country music, wind chimes, pocket-watches, whales, and meteorology.

Favorite color:

Abilities

Power Class: Cerebral (Main), Anatomical/Biological and Super-System

Power: Telepathic Shape-Shifting. Lin's power is a mix/link between Telepathy and Shape-shifting. By focusing enough, she can read the minds of those she chooses, making her telepath. Albeit, a basic one. However, this is only the first step to her true power. Lin can read the minds of those around her, and Shape-shift into people based around those thoughts. When people think a thought about or relating to someone, no matter the thought, Lin can shape-shift into the exact person (s)he thought of (Regardless of gender). It can be a general thought, like "Did Alice turn off the TV?" or maybe remembering/thinking of a character from a TV show. It can be anyone. As long as the person's thought has someone in it, and that person knows who it looks like, Lin can flawlessly copy the person's form, from their outward appearance, all the way to their voice. The person thinking the thought just has to remember it. She'll also appear to have their scars, tattoos and other physical alterations (If it's remembered). This ability dives deep within someone's mind. Gathering as much information on their appearance as she can via all their memories. However, she won't know these memories, only know what the person looks like from the memories. Which means she'll always have a more complete shape-shift, without even knowing the person's memories. Lin can assume the forms she's assumed in the past as long as she remembers them. Through this power is how Lin went from a generally unattractive girl to an absolute Asian-bombshell. She asked several people what they thought was an amazing looking Asian-female. She recorded all the thoughts and went with the one that she thought looked the best.

Lin has plenty telepathic abilities in her potential. She won't be able to reach all of them during the course of the story. However, she will learn one or two. Which includes sending her own thoughts to people, digging into minds (Allowing her to see memories), and implanting thoughts, memories and emotions into people. Eventually, she'll also be able to shape-shift into anyone she thinks of, and alter her current body any way she pleases by thinking about them. The absolute form of Shape-shifting.

Weaknesses: At the moment her shape-shifting depends on her emotional and physical state. She must be either kept in a good emotional and physical state, or else she won't be able to shape-shift properly or maintain those forms as well. Some frequencies of sound and light will cause her to revert back to her original/natural form. Just not to defeat the purpose of having this ability; Lin can only assume forms based off the thoughts from people around her (Currently). It heavily depends on what the person remembers. Say if the person doesn't know something about someone, her own mind will subconsciously fill in the blanks. Which can easily mess up something major about someone's appearance. It can also be difficult when it comes to minor details, say if they forget about a scar on someone's then Lin's form will be without that detail as well. The same applies if they make a mistake about someone. In either case, if she's trying to impersonate someone and there's a mistake about their appearance; she's going to have a bad time. Since she can only shape-shift into whatever one person thinks; it can be literally anyone. For example; it could be what someone used to look like, what they want the person to look like, etc. She may end up with some inaccurate, or unneeded forms. This can be either good or bad. Clothing isn't incorporated into the shape-shifting, she'll have to find some new clothes that fit her new body, if necessary.

She can only turn into humans. Animals and Animal Meta-humans are %100 out of the question. Lin will always have the same scent no matter what form she takes. Telepaths (and certain other Cerebral Types) can potentially see through her shape-shifting and know her original form.

Burst Potential: Zeta, Delta and Omega.

Last edited by Mr Allen J on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Anyway, now that Vipes is back, we can get the show on the road. My next post will start the mission into the sub-basement. Now is the time for those who have multiple characters to decide who will go Underground and who will stay. I've been decided it on my end.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:17 pm

I think Dragonfly should go in. He has much more experience than my other character Dragonfly. However, Dragonfly doesn't have as many useful abilities in such a dark area as Dragonfly does, so maybe Dragonfly should go. Dragonfly and Dragonfly are my most likely choices, but I only want to bring one of my characters down there. Let me go and flip a coin.

Okay, it's decided. Dragonfly will be going into the sub-basement.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:18 pm

...You have completely confused me Nick XD

lol but I'm working on the Nick picture for Black falls right now!
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:22 pm

Yaaaaaaay!

I wonder how Crystal would react if she found out that Dragonfly had his arm broken two days prior...
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:22 pm

I don't know. Guilty that she wasn't there and instead raging about how her parents agreed to send her to the Othergrounds, maybe? XD
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:34 pm

No, I wonder what her reaction would be as a healer. Dragonfly has an incredible healing factor (Going as far as regenerating lost limbs in the span of a month or so). His arm is perfectly useable. He was even training with Drake the day prior to the one in the IC. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:35 pm

lol she would be like, "well, I guess there's one less person I need to worry about if hurt" but still feel a bit guilty XD
wanna see what I have done of the Nick drawing so far? that way you can tell me what to edit?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:36 pm

Sure! Could you PM it to me?
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:41 pm

sent. I've been trying a new drawing style so... yeah XD I'm new at it, so please tell me if there's anything that needs fixing and in a click of a button it shall be done! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:07 am

Crappy post, but it gets us going. Now just have your choosen characters say that they want to go down or etc.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Hey You can kill off my Characters if you want. As of right now I don't see myself rejoining this. If I do I'll just make some new characters. To be honest I really wasn't happy with the ones I made anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:06 pm

I know you all are thinking that I'm going to have a field day with this...

And you thought correctly.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:12 pm

...Mehah! Bones, Nicole, and Tom will go, but there might be a debate since Marie will want to go, too.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Mr Allen J wrote:
I know you all are thinking that I'm going to have a field day with this...

And you thought correctly.

The bad part is I don't even feel guilty about doing this.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:31 pm

It's why I fear ever leaving one of Lone's RP's.

He kills your character in the worse possible way.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:33 pm

It's all good. To be honest as much work i put into them, i feel i did a rush job on them both. Plus one was a recycled character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Trimmed
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next