Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

-Color: Veins of a New World-

Go down 
+4
Celo "The Moms"
Angelwolf99
Sairei
DerpaGlerp
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
True Night
Killer
True Night

-Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 5:14 am

Ilene followed behind Cakis reluctantly, all the muttering to herself. "Why don't I just take off and do my own thing? I don't need these supplies, and plus they'd probably do better without me." This was said very quietly and it was almost incomprehensible, the likelihood of anyone hearing let alone making or her words was slim. That's when a voice appeared in her head. Ilene paused in her tracks and surprisingly she found that she was able to respond in kind. "Uh, hi. Things aren't so great... who are you?" She flinched when she felt the phantom hand. "I suppose I did. It was easy, something... happened to me and I don't know what." As not to look unusual Ilene started walking again.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Raik had a very similar reaction to Faez, grinning and wagging his tail. "I wanna meet nice people!" he barked happily, all thoughts of the argument before gone. He didn't remember much from his old life, but he knew one thing. He really, really, liked people. And they usually liked him.

Kairn shrugged. There was sure to be something of interest in a village, assuming it hadn't been utterly destroyed. He sighed quietly as he got to his feet, following his brother. He had realized that, while all his confidence in his own abilities had followed him into this world, a lot of his knowledge that those abilities depended on was gone. He really and truly despised that, but figured he could relearn anything he needed to as time went on. Until then, though, he needed to keep quiet, lest the group decide he did not, after all, need to go with them.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 4:47 am

The voice that Ilene had encountered spun around her head and seemed to speak from different places. It said to her in a tone that gave emphasis on random syllables, "Perhaps you have a bloodlust, as many call it around here." A smell of blood and iron crawled up her nose and curdled down her throat into her tongue. "You may even have the probability of becoming a Bloodcapp."
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:41 am

Ilene tingled all over, the taste of blood absolutely invigorated her. "Perhaps you're right... I definately don't know what else to call it." The fact that the voice was changing location became secondary in her craze. "A Bloodcapp? Is that related to a Deathcapp? Because I didn't really like them. Well besides the fact they attacked me, the seemed really disorganized. Besides something tells me I work best alone." In Ilene's last moments before being sent here she remembered no allies. It was her hacking away at everyone else, presumably because she was in a frenzied state and couldn't tell friend from foe.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:37 pm

It spoke into further detail on the bloodcapps, "Yes, yes. It is true that bloodcapps are a type of Deathcapp. Most bloodcapps specialize in necromancy and are vampires. Along with this, most of them have the extraordinary ability of turning water into blood. Some even have the capability to manipulate their victims blood, causing clots, internal bleeding, and one of the most gruesome ones, drying their blood from the inside out. Their blood becomes crispy and flaky, making the muscles dry and hard. If you were to bite into it, it would taste somewhat like a bloody pastry." He sighed, "I am not one that enjoys the taste of blood, thus I do not care for such piquant edibles."

The voice said more to her, "It would not hurt to introduce myself; I am known by the label of Sisnin." Sisnin sent another taste of blood to Ilene. "You may trust me if you wish, though I am a mere voice in your head. If you choose to listen to me, I shall reward you with a exceptional benefit, as you felt earlier. I know you love blood, the taste of it. The very sight of blood gets you thrilled."

Whenever Ilene responded to Sisnin, he would supply her with a taste of blood. There was a very small difference in how the blood tasted every time she responded; it would become slightly sweeter with every response.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Ilene jolted out of her dark indulgence for a moment. "Am I a vampire?..." She didn't exactly feel like a vampire and if she were, why was she here. It could have been that her soul was released, but in that case shouldn't she be her regular race? Why had this blood lust followed her to the afterlife. "I wish I didn't like blood, but I can't help myself. And I'm Ilene." She wasn't sure whether she should trust him, but the taste of iron made her feel so good. "I can't be manipulated like an anim-" Another shot of the sensation quieted her.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 10:38 pm

The group eventually arrived at the village, or rather what was left of it. They came in at the southwestern part of the small ravaged town. Facing north was the long dirt road through the heart of it. The dense foliage was slowly receding closer into the village slowly transferring into a very tiny meadow of grass and mushrooms. There were a few brown leaves that lay on the grass and various fairy rings. Mycelium and mushrooms were sprouting from the grass that became shorter, further into the village. The hamlet consisted of five buildings on the left side of the dirt road, most of which were obliterated tho the point where there was only a cement frame standing. Debris lay under under the structure of the few support beams that remained. To the right of the street, there stood an orchard with many dead trees. They had been burned. A burnt corpse sat up against a tree, tied to it with his own intestines. Towering over the village were lengthy spokes, rusted and bent into disparate directions. Bodies were impaled on the oxidized, askew bars. The faces of the corpses were aghast with pain, contorted and mangled. Intestines were twirled around the spikes, and in some cases, wrapped around the necks of victims, strangling them. Ash and dust flitted through the eerie breeze of the decimated village. Gnats and various insects buzzed about near body parts scattered throughout the area. Clumps of maggots crawled around a muddied puddle of innards. The puddle was a dark maroon with dirt and pebbles scattered over the great amount of body parts. The Deathcapps had absolutely ransacked the town.

Cakis could just smell the ashes and burning flesh as he approached the exit of the forest. The scent made him want to vomit. Cakis stopped and glared in extreme mortification. What were those on the spikes? Bodies...? The horrible sights that he had witnessed reminded him of his childhood in the Deathcapp society, and how they taught him that, "this is how you conquer kingdoms." No, it was most certainly not. War was always an option to conquer something, but not to the extent of extremely abominable, heinous wrongdoings. No words could have described how much he thought this type of war was wrong. The doctor would scold and ridicule him if he were to even suggest to be more civilized. Every healthy being knew that this was wrong. Cakis wondered if the Destroyers were any worse. He would have asked Steelio, but he had no recollection of the time when he knew the Destroyers.

Briana hadn't expected the village to be that much of a massacre. She had predicted that there would be dead people, but not to that extent. Her stomach churned what little there was in it. She felt her heartbeat in the back of her neck. She didn't want to come any closer to the town. She refused to walk near the town. Suddenly she felt something on her head, something wet. Briana jolted back with a tiny whimper. Hesitantly she looked up. A body hung above her, with its intestines tangled in the tree. They looked like they were purposefully tied in knots, something that was occurring a lot in the hamlet. With a delayed reaction, Briana shrieked, and followed it with a stammer, "Th-th-this is too much..." She ventured behind a bush and vomited.

Steelio had been skipping happily through the forest, pretending his bionic hand was a magic wand, when he heard Bri scream. He turned his head over to Briana who had went behind the shrub. He didn't know much of what was happening. Steelio asked Cakis as he walked to his side, "Is everything okay?" Cakis did not respond, but instead with a single gesture and wide eyes, he pointed at the town, and the dead people. Steelio thought aloud, apparently not understanding, "What are those things? They look squishy and red... and the pink things hanging out of the-"

Cakis interrupted him, "They're corpses."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 2:52 am

Safina looked around, her face holding an mixture of expressions- from shock, to disturbed, to sadness, to anger. She felt like vomiting, but she was suddenly feeling so much sadness wash over her that the thought of doing any such thing would only make things worse. She wasn't sure why they liked the digestive system so much for the inhumane strangling, either. Safina collapsed to her knees, looking around in horror. While she didn't want to see any more death, the overpowering curiosity hidden in every living thing and every moment of feeling even in the most sadenning of times unknowingly forced Safina to still look around. Her fingers clawed at the dirt below her, dirt getting caked between her nails.

"Those monsters," was all she mumbled, now staring at the ground as tears fell from her face. "This is just wrong. Innocent people were... were..." she got choked up and began sobbing, shoulders shaking from her sobs so much so that it seemed as if she were having a ceizure, though she wasn't, of course.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 11:18 pm

Gwyneth wasn't disgusted by the sight of blood or innards, she had seen such things countless times, being a dragoness that hunted her prey, slaughtered it and then butchered the meat. However, what she was disgusted by, was that these faces, the faces of intelligent people, beings with a higher level of thinking, deeply disturbed her. "I have no fear of corpses, I am not squeamish, but to think that these were once people, like us, I have never been so deeply troubled." She said.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:52 am

Ilene looked about at the carnage and wondered what exactly had happened here. Thankfully any blood had dried by now or she'd have gone into a frenzy. All she managed to say was "This is really terrible..." She wasn't really feeling it considering that she must have committed similar atrocities before being struck down and sent here. The intestines as ropes seemed truly barbaric though. "Let's get what we need and get out of here." The sight was bring back old memories that she wished weren't of her. She shut her eyes and shook to try and clear the images, but it did less than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Raik had long since hidden behind his brother, ears back and tail between his legs.  He was whining quietly in the background.  Kairn did his best to put on a brave face for his brother, but he still seemed very tense.  He swallowed, choking for a moment before wiping all traces of emotion from his face.  He couldn't break down in front of this many people, and he knew Raik was very close to breaking down too.  If he started crying, Raik would be much worse.  Raik kept peeking out from behind Kairn, then wincing and hiding again, eyes shut tight.  He kept telling himself not to look out again, but his curiosity kept getting the best of him.  He was, himself, desperately fighting the urge to vomit.  He knew that wouldn't do anything other than make him more hungry and sick, so he clamped his mouth shut, swallowing repeatedly.  He wanted to leave.  He wanted to leave right now.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:07 am

Faez wondered what everyone was looking at. He couldn't see too well because everyone was standing in front of him.

"Hey!" he called, trying to peek around, "Why did everyone stop?" The smell of blood suddenly hit him like a hammer. It wasn't like any kill he had ever smelled before- it was almost rotten. And it was so dense. He quickly imagined a deep cloud of smoke in front of them, symbolizing the scent.

"What's making that smell?!" he cried, jumping up and down.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 2:10 am

Cakis glanced an annoyed stare at Faez, wondering how clueless he could be. He said in a sarcastic tone, "Probably just a bunch of lollipops and gumdrops! Maybe cookies could be buried beneath the mud and gore!" Near the end of his statement he sounded much more harsh. Faez might have been frightened by his snarl. He sighed and looked back at Steelio, who appeared to be daydreaming again. "Steelio?"

Steelio heard the unpropitious voice that spoke in broken English. The voice seemed to become more cryptic every time it spoke to him. He didn't understand, but in some kind of a philosophical kind of way, he did. Sees all of those's deaded corpses? Isn't no not be anxious, boot they're. Ifs it's is fixed by unwell is not no sanity. Steelio responded with complete understanding, But who's that? The voice did not answer.

Cakis looked at his brother, and repeated his name. Cakis snapped his fingers a couple times in his face. Steelio jolted out of his state of trance, "Oh, uh, what?" He looked at Cakis and blinked his eyes multiple times.

Cakis stated to him, "The village, remember?"

Steelio remembered, "Oh, yeah, I forgot."

Cakis mumbled under his breath as he turned around, "Tch, course you did." He said to the others, "There has to be at least a couple things in the village that haven't been destroyed." He walked toward the small town.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Ilene drove the visions from her head and tried to avoid looking at the carnage as much as possible lest they return. She was unsure of what was happening to her, but she was scared. Not because of the corpses, or even the visions they brought. Half of her felt delight at all this wanton destruction and death, and thats what frightened her. In her blood lusted state she wasn't wholly animalistic. There was a complete other her that was clawing at the doors of her mind. It would be nice to be all innocent and naive like Faez.

"I don't want to stay here any longer than we have to, lets get a move on."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

-Color: Veins of a New World-
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12