Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

-Color: Veins of a New World-

Go down 
+4
Celo "The Moms"
Angelwolf99
Sairei
DerpaGlerp
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

-Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Gwyneth looked around, her ears twitching, "Maybe we should look for a way out of here instead. Think about it, we all lost our memory and woke up in the same place. There's something strange going on, here. If we did have memories, they're not very clear, but they all seem to depict some sort of horrible event. I think we should look for a way out of this forest. Normally I'd fly up and look, but I can't do that anymore, I could try slithering up one of the tree trunks, if that helps."
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:06 pm

Faez was too distracted with watching the fluffy wolves to answer any more questions. He realized that one of them, Raik he thought it was, had moved behind him and appeared to be uncomfortable with all the people. Faez himself, easily bored, was starting to feel the same way. He had an itching to be doing something, as if he was used to going places and never sitting still for long. His tail and claws twitched as he fidgeted, wishing everyone would stop talking. Some of the grass beneath his forepaws tore up.

Idly he hummed a song, the words to which he could not recall.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:09 pm

Safina nodded at Gwyneth, "I suppose you have a point. Yeah, you have the best idea. The only memory I have is... Well, I think I thought I was gonna die. I just remember fire everywhere..." Safina's expression was blank for a few moments, deep in thought. She then turned her attention bak to the conversation and smiled, "Climbing trees could work. So you think you could do it?" Maybe if all else failed she could try calling out into the nothingness of the forest again and waiting for another reply that would never come. Wait- it wasn't nothingness. There were trees, after all. And trees are living. So it's not quite nothingness.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Ilene faced the boy with a look of fiery hatred in her blood red irises. Despite this she spoke in a calm, even tone. "Nothing of the sort, we have barely met." She then turned away, whipping her ivory locks past his face. "I don't even know your name yet boy" she spat.

At that moment the extra light vanished from her eyes. Ilene shook her head vigorously. I don't know what that was about... "Could you pretty please introduce yourself to me and our new friend?" She said motioning gleefully to Helios.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Gwyneth nodded, "I don't weigh that much--at least I think I don't, anyway. Maybe that was the levitation, or something. Some of these trees are thick enough where the trunk could support my weight, regardless. I'll go up and check things out real quick, see what I can spot." With this, she slithered over to the closest trunk that seemed to be of a good size, and began to coil around it, gradually slithering up the trunk. When she had gotten up as far as she could go, she stretched her long neck to peek out of the foliage, to look over the forest. As she saw the view, her heart gave a pang of loss. It was so much like flying, but she knew she couldn't take flight anymore, what if she never did? She didn't know how she knew it was like flying, but somehow, she did. She thought she saw something in the distance, but she couldn't quite make it out. Somehow, Gwyneth knew this wasn't right, either. Had her vision gotten worse with her amnesia, also?

Considering that she couldn't exactly tell what it was, she decided to do something to really get the attention of those nearby. As a dragon, she still possessed a powerful voice that could project much further than Safina's. Taking in a breath, she let out a long, loud roar, which sounded somewhat like the keening call of a bird, although not exactly. It was deeper, and if one listened to it, it resonated like a song. It was both a terrifying and beautiful sound, and Gwyneth's spirits lifted in knowing she still had her voice. She then slithered back down the trunk, and shook her head, "I thought I saw something in one direction, but my vision isn't as telescopic as it should be, I couldn't make it out. I roared, though, hopefully that will attract someone more curious."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:54 pm

As Safina waited for Gwyneth to return, she jumped upon hearing a roar. She wasnt sure if it was scary or beautiful. Was it a dog or a roar? Safina looked at Gwyneth as she came back down from the tree. "That was an amazing roar! It was all... Yeah." Safina the switched to the matter at hand- no time for some conversation that was unimportant. There were only so many hours in a day and they needed to did some way out of the forest.

"I say we go in the direction you thought you saw something at- its the only hint we have and there's no other possible way, right?" Safina quickly included, "If you two want to, that is." She didnt want to sound bossy or something.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Faez, still immensely bored, stopped fidgeting in response to a distant roar. His entire body froze, apart from his ears, which swiveled in the direction it had echoed from. He stood up a little straighter to better receive the sound waves. Faez thought it was a very pretty call, if not a bit unsettling as it had been unexpected. A persistent memory tugged at the back of his mind, but he was too busy listening to the hidden song to acknowledge it. As the keen ended, silence prevailed for a mere moment before Faez automatically answered with a call of his own.

Faez's call lacked the depth and strength that an adult of his kind would make, and would surely indicate to the receiver that he was very young, but the purpose was clear. After sustaining the sound for several seconds, he let the noise die down and recede from his throat. Snapping his mouth shut, he resumed the position he had been in moments earlier; sitting and humming softly with his tail wrapped around his legs.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Flower watched as Gwyneth slid back down the tree. For some reason her movements did not seem natural at all. I guess ophidians weren't meant to slither like that.

"I'll go wherever you guys go." she said in reply to Safina. "I don't think I'll do so well on my own, but-" She was about to say more, when she heard what sounded to her as a dragon's roar. It rang out for a few moments, then stopped. "As I was saying, we don't know what we're getting into, except there is some rather young creature capable of roaring. It's mother might be nearby. We should be on our guard, just in case."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Gwyneth looked up at the noise she heard, her ears swiveling, "That's a juvenile of some sort, and it answered my roar with one of its own. If it had a mother nearby, she would have answered and warned me to stay away." She said. For some reason, she felt that empty feeling in her heart return again. "We should probably investigate, I'll know if a mother is nearby. I don't know how, but somehow I just know this creature is alone." She said. She looked to Safina for guidance, "Safina, what do you think? I won't go looking for it if you don't want to."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:14 pm

Safina felt excitement about the current situation, in truth. Another dragon was near... That was good! "I say we go- its probably lonely or something since its alone so yeah. Or maybe- and this is a big maybe- there's others with it. I'm game for going to investigate. Maybe we can somehow remember something on the way there. You'll never know." Safina shrugged, a smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:46 pm

Raik listened to Faez call back, exited. Whatever far away creature had made the original noise sounded friendly to him. He wasn't sure why, it just seemed familiar. As Faez's call died down, Raik joined in with a howl of his own. It was almost exactly like a normal wolf's howl, but it pierced through the air unusually well, designed to be heard even through a mountain snowstorm.

He closed his eyes, trying to let his voice be heard, then-
"Ow!"

Raik found himself on his side, having been knocked over when Kairn hit him lightly with a paw. Kairn frowned down at him.
"That shouldn't have knocked you over," he stated simply.

Raik got back to his feet, miffed. "What was that for?"

Kairn frowned slightly, "you don't know who made that noise originally, how do you know they're friendly?"

"But..." Raik made a pitiful face. He only wanted to say hi. Besides, Faez had already answered...

Kairn shook his head and sat down carefully next to his brother. He kept a sharp eye out for whoever was surely now coming their way.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Gwyneth's ear flicked again, as she heard a wolf-like howl. "Another is with the juvenile, but it's not a parent. I think it's another group, like us, maybe several other creatures who woke up with amnesia." She turned to look at Safina, and then Flower, before turning back to look in the direction of the source. "This way," She said, before beginning to slither in the direction the two howls had come from. She produced another call, one that could still be identified as the original sender of the roar, although the message conveyed was different. It sounded like a series of bird-like chirps, although instead of beginning at a higher pitch that dropped, it began at a low pitch that increased. It made a sound comparable to the sound of a question, and it was distinct that she was moving towards the ones that had howled earlier. Regardless, the sounds she produced this time were distinctly social in nature.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:13 am

Helios listened to the different calls, unmoved. "Have you considered that you might be giving away our position to whatever made that call, and it might not be the friendliest if we encounter it?" He continued folding his arms. He looked around instinctively, looking for.....what was he looking for? something to use against whatever made that roar. Finding nothing that he thought would be useful, he settled for his fists.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:56 am

Ilene pricked her ears trying to determine the direction of the roar. What could that be? Her question was answered when the blue dragon responded likewise. Hmm another dragon? Then Raik howled loudly as well, only to get bull rushed by his brother. So we know nothing about the area and now everyone and anything for miles knows where we are... Ilene was going to voice their error, but Helios beat her to the punch. She added "And what about everything else that could be lying in wait in the dark?" she chuckled her eyes gleaming dangerously.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 1:11 am

Faez, ignoring everyone around him as his instincts kicked in, listened intently to the next series of noises. His head was cocked to one side, ears raised and flared fully to allow maximum reception. From what he could get out of the message, the caller was coming toward him. Faez grinned, happy with himself for understanding, and happy that someone else was out there who understood. Being the fraethre equivalent of a child, he unconsciously sought protection in this unfamiliar environment, though he himself did not know it.

As the second call ended, Faez deemed to reply in kind. A stream of draconic clicks and warbles echoed from him as he attempted to convey the meaning of 'safe' and 'with company' in is current state. Satisfied with his reply, he again closed his mouth and sat back to wait.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 1:29 am

The next time Gwyneth answered, her call was extremely close to that of the juvenile, until finally, she emerged from the trees, becoming visible to those in the other group. She was obviously a female adult dragon, as evidenced by her complete lack of whiskers. She also did not look nearly as intimidating as a dragon was imagined to be, her face seeming more like that of a horse, than anything. She might as well have been a unicorn, for her appearance had an effect more similar to mystical creatures of that nature. She raised the upper portion of her body, folding her upper arms, and looking at all of those present, her ears twitching. "Well, I'm here." She said, giving a bit of a shrug, and a somewhat sheepish smile. Because her mouth was so small, it was not nearly as scary as one would imagine a dragon's grin to be, though her teeth were regardless sharp. "You answered my call, we've been looking for other people." She said.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 2:13 am

Safina had followed Gwyneth in amazement. The dragon's hearing and voice were really well. Ice they found the group of many creatures that also consisted of the dragon that had been replying to Gwyneth, she smiled. "Hey. It's good to know there are others around here." She looked around the group. An impish girl with red eyes... Some wolves... A dragon... A little boy... And why was there a guy without a shirt on? Safina finished examining them before she included, "name's Safina, by the way." She was sure to keep a friendly smile on her face. Safina didn't want anyone thinking she was treatening or something. Though she didnt even look threatening...
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 2:33 am

"Why are you looking for other people?" Faez asked, sliding over as quickly as he could. He bounded up to Gwyneth, more interested in her than the others who had stepped into the glade. He gazed at her face with a strange expression upon his own, as if trying to decide what she was. Enormously wide, moist eyes stared for a moment, taking in her appearance. Whatever she was, Faez immediately decided in his childlike innocence that he liked her.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:11 am

Gwyneth examined the little blue dragon thoughtfully, "Well, you might already be aware of this, but people seem to be waking up in these woods with amnesia, and also no memory of how their magic works, me included. I personally can say my vision isn't nearly as acute as I wish it were, and I can't recall how to breathe fire, or even levitate. I'm slithering like a snake because my legs simply aren't made for walking." She said, flicking her tail. "We've been looking for someone who hopefully knows what happened, although I can say it is nice to see another dragon in this place."
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:44 am

Ilene regarded the duo curiously. A silver feathered dragon that slithered along the ground despite having legs, and a girl much like herself. "Nothing dangerous yet" she remarked as the blue dragon went up to greet the other.

How many more of us are there in these woods? Ilene thought to herself. She projected her voice "Stay on your guard, the night is young and we have brought attention to ourselves. Her gaze darted between the two culprits briefly, then she started scanning the woods.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:58 am

"Yes we have, thanks to certain individuals" replied Helios, "Now does anyone think we should risk making a fire? And if so, do we have anything to do so with?" He looked around, taking count of who was around, trying to decide who to trust. "And perhaps someone might stand guard, maybe in shifts"
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:09 am

Ilene looked puzzled. What strange ideas... "A fire? Whatever for? All it would do is make it our position more apparent." She paused and continued. "And why wouldn't everyone watch their own back, besides what would everyone being doing that requires a guard?" As hard as she might try she didn't see why any of this was necessary.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:12 am

"Because some have to sleep, although I wouldn't mind staying up, I don't really feel too tired at the moment. In addition, fire tends to scare off some creatures." Helios replied. "I think since it is getting dark it might be beneficial to stick together" With that he went and sat down cross legged and folded his arms.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:16 am

When the shirtless guy mentioned a fire, Safina quicklyshook her head. The only memory she had was of getting burned by fire. It didn't seem very good at the moment. "No fire please," she frowned, tugging at a singed part of her dress.

"I can do the first night shift if you want- I'm awake and such. It might be good to do it in groups of two though. Just in case? Also maybe it would be a good idea to reintoduce yourself and species." Safina let her face return to a smile as she said this.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 5:07 am

"See we don't need no fire." Ilene smiled approvingly at the greenish girl.

"Ooh ooh I volunteer to keep watch the whole night!" she interjected ecstatically. "I don't really get, uh, tired." She desperately hoped that she had used the word correctly. "My name is Ilene... I'm a... a... I'm not sure what I am..." She said without waiting for a response. Upon finishing the sentence she stared at her feet dejectedly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

-Color: Veins of a New World-
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next