Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Triviis

Go down 
+8
JunkMail
God-Mod
True Night
Dragonbud
Celo "The Moms"
Sairei
Angelwolf99
DerpaGlerp
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:47 am

Scout, not entirely sure what Leo was talking about, decided to just ignore the conversation. This was what he usually did when conversations flew by a mile over his head, which happened fairly often. Not having anything to do, he soon decided that he was bored.

He rummaged through his bag for a moment, carefully moving the Force-A-Nature to sit a bit farther away from him. He quickly found his baseball, and smiled slightly. He settled back down, sitting near Medic still, and began tossing it up into the air, each throw slightly higher than the last. He caught it perfectly every time, though he did almost lean over and fall on Medic once or twice.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Chopper had taken a good long time thinking about how to answer. It was hard to try and describe where he lived, since it had always just been the norm. He took a second to listen to the sounds around him. It was so quiet, peacefully rather, Chopper was used to much noisier nights until all of the crew finally conked out for the night. He grew even more homesick as he imagined the playing of music and singing. Really none of his friends could sing, but it was still a lot of fun. Chopper realized he had yet to answer Leo. "Hmm...it's kinda hard to explain. But our worlds do seem to have some things in common. Like I've met giants and mermaids before." He chuckled softly. "One of the mermaids was so beautiful it temporarily turned our cook into stone!"

"But really. My home is full of amazing oceans and hundreds of unique islands. And so many strange and wonderful people! But it comes with a price." Chopper frowned a bit. "Being a pirate means I'm at the constant fear of being arrested, or having my friends killed." He looked around. "That's why this is almost like a vacation for me. It's been nice being able to introduce myself without getting a gun pointed at me!"

Chopper glanced over at Scout, watching him toss the ball. "What about you mister Scout? What's your home like?"
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Shadow Beasts

No wounds at all were visible on any of the shadow beasts. Despite the sheer amount of damage that they took, there was nothing that resembled that they were harmed at all. However, this didn't mean they were hurt. The shards of metal Tali shot bounced off the monster. It flinched, and fell to the ground. The shadow beast that was stuck by the immense amount of electricity twitched around and roared from the electrocution. It collapsed on the forest floor and looked dead, despite the fact that it seemed to be completely unharmed. It ceased breathing and its heart stopped. Samus was able to disable all three of the shadow beasts that charged at her instantly. They were launched in the air due to the missile. They landed and were dead, and like the others, had no wounds. The brute that was being attacked by the Forsaken Engie had Sylvanas's arrow bounce of of it, but fell down into the foliage, dead. The final shadow beast that Sylvanas shot an arrow at, was slightly different. It was known as a shadow assassin. It's face was round and made of twilight steel. With quick reflexes it actually caught the arrow and snapped it in half. It shrieked a warped and vile scream, causing all of the shadow beasts to get up off the ground and begin attacking again.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Samus unrolled from morph ball as the missiles struck the beasts and held her arm cannon at the ready as the beasts fell. Then the assassin reawoke them....
She scanned the shadow beasts with her scan visor, and read the information. "We have to kill them all at once" she said to the others "if you can kill two of them, I can seeker missile the others" With that she took aim with her cannon and began targeting five of the beasts.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 2:06 am

False

The book in Choppers backpack began spouting False's voice. "Hello, hello! How are things, my dearest friends?" He sounded genuinely friendly just then, but Knowing how unpredictable False was might have changed that. "If you want, I can give you some nice beds!" He waited for them to open the book, hoping they wouldn't think it was a trap of some sort, but with False being the way he is, it was highly unlikely that he was able to plan that far ahead.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 10:48 pm

Scout considered Chopper's question for a moment. "Well, I haven't really been around much," he started, "I grew up in Boston, but-" He broke off. There was a good chance that at least Chopper had never heard of Boston. "Boston's a big city," he added on quickly, then continued. "Eventually I got da job at RED, and moved out to... Tha middle of nowhere, I guess." He shrugged. "Most people'd tell ya that our world has no magic," he said, "but that ain't true, there's all sorts of crazy stuff..."

He wasn't sure what else to say. He didn't know how to explain his own world to people from others, because he didn't know how their worlds compared, really. He shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:05 am

Chopper had gone silent for a moment. Oh coarse he didn't know what Boston was exactly, but if it was a large city it wasn't too hard to picture. What Chopper found interesting was the mentioning of RED again. Medic had told him that they all wore red as some sort of uniform, and Scout said it was a job. But for some reason Chopper didn't think it was a normal job. These weird humans all seemed rather used to violence as well as are trained in combat, or at least Scout was. He tapped a hoof against his chin, audibly hmming as he thought. Perhaps if he hadn't been so deep In thought he would have heard the voice coming from his backpack.

-haha lame excuse-

Chopper decided not to ask about the job. If it was indeed a violent one, like some sort of assassins guild or something, then he doubted he would get any information. He instead decided to ask a slightly less obviously prying question. "So you and mister human medic work together?"

Last edited by Dragonbud on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 1:12 am

Scout nodded, "Yeah, Doc's in charge of makin' sure we don't all get killed durin' battle," he said. "I can cap just about anythin' a lot faster than da rest of the team..." He trailed off. Great. Now Chopper would probably ask about capping. He gave a few nervous glances around. There was no way the Administrator would know if he told someone in a completely different world... Right?
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 1:45 am

Chopper had nodded. So this RED stuff was dangerous., at least he got an answer without having to directly ask. "Your job sounds...hard. I'm not quite sure what capping is but it sounds like it is dangerous." Then something else caught his ear. "So there is a whole red team?" Scout had mentioned some other members awhile ago, but the reindeer failed to remember their names. Chopper grinned. It sounded a lot like a pirate drew, getting to do dangerous stuff with a bunch of friends. Well he was assuming that Scout got along with the other members.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 2:34 am

"Zere are nine of us mercenaries," Medic put in without looking up. "Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Sniper, Spy, and myself. I believe ve are called 'Zeh Teufort Nine' in zeh closest town, but to us, ve are just RED Team. Ve all have a special skill, vhich ve utilize vhen ve fight zeh BLU Team. Sometimes ve vin, sometimes ve lose. Either vay we get paid."

And oh what a payday it was. It was an intersting life, the mercs had pulled together for themselves.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 2:56 am

Leo was quiet, listening intently. The lives of these guys sounded like a video game. He had been told that earlier, so... "Okay, this might sound crazy but..." he grinned, "I know how our worlds or dimensions are connected and its really complicated."

-
Sylvanas growled and shot several arrows at the main creature that resurrected the others, teleporting behind it and shooting an arrow at the back of its neck. "This is so bothersom," she sighed.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 11:36 am

Chopper was back to looking overly excited, his mouth a huge gaping grin. These guys were way too cool, or at least that's how he saw it. A whole bunch of superheroes, with their awesome superhero powers fighting more, and most likely, evil superheroes. He clapped his hooves together. "Oh oh! We have a sniper on our crew too, except his name isn't sniper." Chopper barely had time to ask what exactly a heavy was, he decided to guess it was someone who was strong and a heavy lifter. "And there are nine people on my crew as well!" He counted on the tips of his hooves, much like a human would except he technically only had four 'fingers'. "We have a captain, swordsman, navigator, sniper, cook, an archeologist, a ship wright a musician and me!" In a way his crew was a lot like RED team, except the paycheck.

Chopper then turned to Leo. "Really?"
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Leo began to nod, but his grin slowly faded. These guys might think that he was nuts, or their views of him would change, or- the list went on and on. "Nevermind," he said, quickly switching from the subject. "In a way, there's nine of us on the Argo II. The chosen seven- me, Percy the water controller, Jason- the man of lightning, Annabeth the wisdom girl, Frank the shapeshifter, Hazel the cursed money controller, and Piper the girl who can tel people to do whatever and they listen." he caught his breath before continuing, "Then there's Coach Hedge, the short goat-man who always wants to fight with his bat, and Nico, the kid who can go to the underworld and back perfectly fine."
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 2:23 pm

The similarities between their homes were few, but Medic found the fact that they all seemed to work in teams of nine comforting, and a bit eerie. So there was some order to the madness. Now, it wasn't that he wasn't interested in what Leo had to say about his home, but Medic also wanted to know just how their realms were connected. He was not about to let Leo withhold that information if he claimed to know it.

"Vait, Leo," Medic interrupted, sitting up, "jou know how ve are connected? Do tell."

Medic was after all, a man of science.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 2:45 pm

Leo was quiet a moment before speaking, "Okay, earlier i ran into Sherlock Holmes. I mean THE Sherlock Holmes, y'know what I mean, Medic? In my world, he's a book character. And then you guys say that when you fight in your world, dying is no big deal or something? And then Jinx seems to...." he glanced at Jinx, "Unrealistic in several areas. So doesn't it all seem a bit too...." he searched for the word... "Video game-like? Generic Reality-ish? And then Sherlock and his friend claimed that I was from this book by some guy called Rick Riordan." He sighed, "My point is that what if we are all just some form of entertainment in the other person's world? Chopper, for example, has a perfect life to explain for a show or something...." he looked down, laughing nervously, "Crazy, right?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 3:12 pm

"To clarify," Medic began carefully, "dying is 'no big deal' because of zeh respawn machine. If someone vere to decide to turn it off...or to take us out of it's 'equation,' dying vould indeed be a big deal."

He paused, considering Leo's talk of games, and failing to find any relation. Medic fell silent, thinking.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Leo fowned, "Well respawning isn't normal. Trust me, it's JUST like a video game in my world- you can play as character you usually get to choose from and then-boom! You go around fighting things in the comfort of your home on an electronic device, your character dying but you never dying. Well, you can still get a game over which means you lose the game, but yeah." He sighed, "Y'know what? Forget it. You guys have no idea what I'm talking about." He grinned, "Which means I know stuf that you don't!" Leo started laughing.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Medic blinked.

"I don't zink jou understand exactly what respawn does," Medic said, a bit frustrated with his lack of understanding as well. "And I do not understand these games. Anyvay, respawn isn't normal... Only the nine of us are put back together again vhen ve get blown to bits. Everyvone else on zeh Earth is quite mortal."

He would know, having accidentally other otherwise killed several people. No doubt his employers had as well; none of them really knew what happened to the Director.

"Vhen ve leave the base or zeh match ve are mortal too," Medic explained. "Scout has been threatened vith zeh chair before; ve can defiantly die...Though I personally zink zat anyone of us vould be hard to kill."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 3:30 pm

The gears in Leo's mind were spnning like crazy from a swarm of thoughts. "See? It's like video games- nine characters to choose from- you guys all fight, right? A team to choose- RED or BLU. And then..." His hand that was on fire was going nuts with twitching from his ADHD, "And then you play the game. You have to admit, it makes sense, kind of."
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Medic shook his head, unbelieving. "No game I have seen is zat complicated. I vill say our conflicts result in a win or a lose zat is ultimately of no consequence, as ve vill always fight again zeh next time...but I am not so sure of zat anymore."

He looked up sharply at Scout, recalling the events of the previous night. He wasn't sure he'd gotten all the magic out of his lab coat yet.

"Our employer sort of...died...last night. Vhen ve get back to our world, I am not sure ve vill still have a job. Does zat fit in a game?"
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Now Chopper had no idea what a television was or a video game was but he knew what a book was. Add what Leo was doing was starting to make him mad as well a terrified. Leo was acting like he was the real world, like the rest of their worlds were simple works of nothing. Chopper clenched his fists slightly, raising his voice in anger. "Shut up! You stupid human!" Chopper thought about changing forms to further show how much stronger he was then Leo, but didn't want to waste his energy. "You are acting like we are a bunch of common characters!" Really the last thing he wanted to do was question his existence. He couldn't be leas then entertainment...right?
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Scout ignored Chopper, with more pressing matters at hand.  He gave Medic a nervous look.  "Well...  I dunno.  We were gettin' ready for anotha match...  But..."  He trailed off.  If their employers were dead, then why should they have jobs?  Actually...  If they didn't have jobs, they would automatically become normal people.  He wasn't sure what he'd do if he didn't have a job anymore.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Leo was shocked by Chopper's reaction and shook his head. "I said it sounded crazy. I'm apparently from a book according to Sherlock Holmes." He then frowned, "this is why I didn't want to tell Anyone." He turned around, putting his fire out and closing his eyes, signifying tht he wanted to sleep and would talk no more now.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 10:03 pm

"Sherlock Holmes," Medic echoed, having never heard of this person. "Vouldn't zat mean zat he too, vas from a form of entertainment? How vould he know?" It sounded to Medic like this Sherlock person was just out to cause trouble. How could anyone know where they were truly from?

"Even so," Medic said softly, laying back down, "our worlds are our worlds, and zey are real to us. I zink zat is all zat matters."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 10:11 pm

An idea occurred to Scout, "What if we're not from a game... But... Der's a game based on us?" He wasn't even sure what that meant, but he said it anyway. He followed everyone else's example and curled up on his side, making sure he could still reach his bag if anything happened during the night. He honestly didn't care much if they were from a game, though that may have been partly because he could barely wrap his head around the idea of a video game in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Triviis  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triviis    Triviis  - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Triviis
Page 20 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next