Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pride Days (OOC)

Go down 
+4
MataRahi
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Derkal
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:51 pm

I imagine so, being told someone like Snake is planning to kidnap you is probably the worst-imaginable scenario for a female.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 12:36 am

Indeed.

I had much fun writing that last post. Urathi attacking Sira made Layla snap. She appears like the weak "save me!" kind but she can actually be quite vicious at times.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:22 am

Which is why Gamba likes her. He kept on saying she was tougher than she thought.

Also, if Layla doesn't need rescuing, is it okay if one of the brothers gets away in the end and Ammon gets him? I want to have his motives confuse people.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 4:43 am

She doesn't give herself enough credit, one of her character defects. And yes, you can.

So, what is this second stage to the disease that the bats will give Snake and Urathi? Razz
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 12:45 pm

I heavily implied already that the disease the bats will give Snake and Urathi is rabies. The time it takes for the virus to kill someone is very long, in regards to humans, but if I'm correct, Snake and his son can be bitten repeatedly by infected bats, and in areas where the virus will take less time to reach the brain. Usually, the incubation period can be as short as four days in a human.

The first symptoms of rabies are flu-like symptoms, as well as confusion, and maybe a bit of achy pain, but shortly after, maybe only a day later, it goes to stage two, which is partial paralysis, anxiety, insomnia, even worse confusion, abnormal behavior, paranoia, terror, and hallucinations, until finally it turns into delirium. Because locally they can't swallow after this, most victims become agitated at the sight of water. Also, we all know the part where the disease augments their behavior to being snarling, biting things that transmit the zoonotic virus, and the part where they foam at the mouth.

Finally, the last stage, they become lethargic as the rabies destroys the brain, experiencing mania on occasion, but still sluggish. Eventually, they fall into a coma, and then die as the virus destroys the ability to breathe.

Overall, bats are huge vectors of rabies, and it's a bad way to die, which is why Gamba came up with the bat cave as an alternative to the lack of crocodiles. You'll notice that if he aids in an execution, Gamba's ideas for killing someone will be linked to diseases and poisons, which he has a knack for. Ammon, however, in comparison, has no qualms with just throwing someone into a chasm without any creatures in it and letting broken bones and stuff kill people.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Oh, rabies. XD. Well I've never been that familiar with the disease, so I didn't really know.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:42 pm

My grandfather is a retired game warden, and if he was forced to do something like kill a wolf suspected of being rabid, you had to cut the head off and take it to a lab for testing. If it tests positive for the virus, you have to get a ton of shots, and that has to be before you show symptoms, because once you do, you're pretty much dead, because by that point the virus has likely reached your brain. He told me this stuff, so it's how I know. My grandfather also told me that mange, which I previously thought was not fatal, can actually kill something by blocking the nose and mouth and suffocating the infected animal.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 11:57 pm

Ah yes. I heard about the cutting off the head part a while ago. And I didn't know mange could do that, wow.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:12 am

Well, like I said, he knew a lot. Please note Gamba is going to ask Taru and Jali to leave. Also, on the way back, they will probably run into either Zanita, or another old friend of Gamba's who is on good terms. I described the location, and it's actually near the Nightstone Clan's new camp. Whether or not this old friend appears actually depends on a weird question. Did you want to have Var more involved in the story? I actually had an idea for a lioness his age.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:58 am

I'll have to go back and edit the post so they won't have arrived so soon. And yes, I was going to have Var more involved in the story.

Interesting, I'd love to hear about her. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:03 am

I already posted, unfortunately. I should note, Gamba actually has a bit of post-traumatic stress disorder regarding rabies, on account of a close friend of his who got bit by an infected bat...and he was forced to watch the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:09 am

Morbid. Layla's trying to comfort him, but she had doubts in her performance of doing so. She tends to become just as depressed as the person she's comforting.

Also, I'm sure the characters will leave the camp again soon for hunting or something. You can have them run into them then if you like.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:16 am

Okay, then. Just a note, how old is Var, exactly? Gamba is five years, but this lioness is going to be a lot younger.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:21 am

I hadn't assigned an exact age yet. What do you think would be appropriate? Three? Maybe early four?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:43 am

three would put him in his teens from a lion's perspective, since they only just become adults at that age. That would be suitable, I think. I should note this lioness I'm going to introduce is probably like the exact opposite of Layla. She's spirited, headstrong, and has a weird habit of climbing trees like a leopard.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:58 am

Nice! That would be a really good character to add in, I think. Can't wait! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:35 am

Well, everyone will get quite a shock from her. She doesn't look like the average lioness, either, but I'll keep that a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:46 am

Nice, I await the surprise. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:00 am

Well, it might be the next day in the RP. Gamba, if you hadn't noticed, kind of has an irregular sleep pattern, which is because of these memories he has. He literally has gone at least two days without sleep so far in the RP, so he's going to his den now to rest. I should also mention, it's not a good idea to wake him up, either. If you do, he'll wake up thinking he's under attack and catch you in a choke hold. Someone I know who was a widow told me once that her husband had been a marine, and that she had it happen to her several times. She was so worried about the whole thing, that she got around to waking him up by poking him with a broomstick.

Ammon is another character sort of like that, but he's messed up for different reasons. It's implied that he was abused and beaten by his father as a cub, and that might have also included a lot of mental and emotional abuse.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:27 am

Don't worry, Layla was disturbed by the story and went back to her den and making a very big deal out of it all. She'll probably end up falling asleep herself. I think a timeskip would go good, so you can go ahead and take it to the next morning if you like.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Okay, then.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Hey Vipes. Made these. I'm not sure when Fenuku and Jali are going to say these quotes, but I'll get them in eventually.

http://darklord979.deviantart.com/art/There-is-No-Hope-for-Any-of-398983850

http://darklord979.deviantart.com/art/Forever-Is-A-Long-Time-398976526
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 12:24 am

Pretty good, Dark, though Fenuku's quote is really depressing, I must admit...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:11 am

I know it's a double post, but I need this to show up as a new post because I want it to be noticed, and edits won't work that way. I learned how to draw Lion King-style characters, and drew the lion characters I currently control. Gamba doesn't exactly have the right fur color, but I tried to get it as close as possible. You can probably figure out who is who based on appearance alone, though I wrote their names and signed my forum initials in cursive, so there would be proof that I drew these.

The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 W65z

The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 Zyfi

The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 Gdh9

The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 Wk89

I did Gamba, Kyra, Coglon, and Ammon.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:17 am

Coglon...

Dat hairstyle...
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pride Days (OOC)
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next