Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Freaks OOC: We're back.

Go down 
+8
JunkMail
God-Mod
Balufire
ViperaUnion
Derkal
VikingWalruz
MataRahi
Maxx
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:56 am

I finished my storm character, who I literally named 'Storm', because I couldn't think of anything else. Before you ask why she's based on a clam or anything else like that, I started thinking about the Chinese legend that pearls were dragon tears, and I kind of went on from there.

Name: Storm

Appearance: Storm, for the most part, appears to be a creature formed from wind, water, and lightning, with no definable shape. However, among all the different forms she creates, the two most common are a massive wolf, and a gigantic serpent. Regardless of what shape she takes, two features always remain: glowing pinpoints of blue electricity where the eyes should be, and a similar, larger electric blue core where the heart would be located if the manifestations of wind had possessed hearts. This is usually the only kind of form that is seen by others, which is in itself rare, as they are accompanied by terrible storms, which force people indoors.

In reality, Storm’s physical body resides in the glowing blue electricity in the ‘heart’ of her manifestations, shielded by fierce winds, cold, stinging rain, lightning, and an incredibly thick, heavy shell of calcium carbonate. In a short description, Storm is much like a shellfish. Her shell is divided into two halves, much like a bivalve. It is about the size of a basketball, and has an almost spherical shape, aside from shallow ridges like those of a nut clam, and has a coloration like the outside of a black abalone shell. It is often clamped tightly shut by the creature inside for protection. The inside of the shell is an incredibly beautiful, smooth, reflective blue-green- purple, much like a Haliotis iris shell.

When one opens the shell, they see Storm’s true appearance. She is small, just enough so that she can move around inside her shell when it is clamped shut. She appears to be a hideous combination of a dragon, a guppy embryo, a leech, and a shellfish. She has a wide, flat skull, similar to a monkfish, with needle-like teeth rising from the lower jaw, and a small, thorn-like horn on the tip of the nose. Her eyes are large, bulging, and pure white, as though clouded with cataracts, although she can see through small, elliptical pupils that glow white, further adding to the illusion of blindness. She has no definable neck, as her head seems to connect almost directly to her torso, although at the edges of her mouth, one can see a faint impression of gills. She has a large, round, bloated stomach, which glows blue from within as a result of stored electricity kept inside a special pouch. A small pair of wings, with only three fingers supporting the membrane, and three fingers including a thumb tipping them, is supported on her back, and may be used for locomotion. She has two fins behind her wings formed from a membrane with three bones that move in a way that suggests that they are to allow movement. Her large, muscular ‘tail’ in reality, is much like the foot of a mussel, larger than the rest of her body, and shaped like a scalpel, with tiny ridges around the ridges for gripping. On many occasions, when not generating a weather pattern, Storm will extend her tail from her shell and use it to drag herself along. The ridges allow her to move more readily on terrain inland. She also possesses six long tube-like tentacles on her back and on her stomach, which can be stretched and extended to amazing lengths. Each tentacle is tipped by a small sucker mouth filled with ringed teeth, like a lamprey. These twelve tentacles can produce great suction, and are much more muscular than the rest of Storm’s body, aside from perhaps her tail, and are used to clamp her shell shut with considerably strong force. Storm also has an even longer tentacle concealed in her throat, which has larger, sharper teeth, and is ringed with eyespots that can detect a degree of light. This she can extend outside her shell, to feed. Storm’s skin is incredibly thin, except around the tail and her tentacles, and all of it is clear and transparent. This allows one to see her blood veins, which are filled with bright, vivid blue blood. One can also see all her internal organs, which are a dull, blue-grey. It also allows one to see the glowing electric sac more clearly. One can also see her bones, which are not present in the tentacles or the tail. Her wing and fin membranes are also transparent. Her entire body is coated with a thick, cold slime, much like that belonging to a snail. The texture may often remind one of the refrigerated yolk of an uncooked egg. She also smells strongly like brine.

Personality: Storm has very little to her personality, as she has spent eight years going through a routine of causing devastating storms, and feeding. She is somewhat hostile towards anyone who meets her, because they have an angering tendency to try to open her shell, which tires her out, and exposes her to the elements. When people make her upset, she will hiss at them, and try to zap them with electricity, or blow them away with an errant gust of wind. However, if people get on her good side, she will offer them a present in the form of a beautiful blue-green-purple pearl, which can form over the course of six months from any piece of debris that may somehow get inside. She has plenty of them, due to the constant amount of gravel that she accidently gets in her shell.

Abilities: Storm has the incredibly powerful ability to generate storms by gathering water from clouds and surrounding lakes, rivers, puddles, streams, and oceans. These storms are often severe weather, as she generates powerful winds, and often adds lightning into the mix. In the north, they may also be terrible blizzards due to low temperatures. Storm can manipulate the substances of storms to her will, forming bodies of wind that become manifestations such as gigantic animals, with electric blue eyes and cores. However, these storms are never mild, and in certain conditions, can evolve into tornadoes, or even hurricanes, eventually spinning out of control at some point. These storms cause mass destruction and power outages, and terrify those caught in them. She can also breathe with gills, which allow her to survive on land so long as there is humidity, and even breathe and swim underwater. Storm also has other natural defenses, such as her incredibly thick-heavy shell, which is difficult to pry open by any means. If her shell is pried open, she can use her wings to glide a short distance to safety, although she must later return to her shell, or risk dying from exposure to hazards, or bleeding to death from a small cut. To protect herself, she can use bursts of wind or electricity to ward off foes. She feeds using a tentacle in the back of her throat to sap fluids from both vegetation and animals, and when not moving with the aid of a storm, uses her tail to drag herself along the ground much like most bivalves.

Other: GATTACA
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:06 am

Lonestar wrote:
Heh, I was just thinking that the two were conveniently in the same coffee shop as Claire/Raphael.

That'll do.

and accepted Vipes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:06 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
Lonestar wrote:
Heh, I was just thinking that the two were conveniently in the same coffee shop as Claire/Raphael.

That'll do.

and accepted Vipes.

Also, look at my post on CZ real fasft.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:09 am

I did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:10 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
I did.

I was talking to the Maxx.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 am

I saw it. Not sure what Vito and Sylvia can do though. They could simply keep her company after the transfusion.

Unless soul frost can cure cancer, then that's probably all they'll be able to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:16 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
I saw it. Not sure what Vito and Sylvia can do though. They could simply keep her company after the transfusion.

Unless soul frost can cure cancer, then that's probably all they'll be able to do.

Unfortunately it can not, it would be cool (and gay) if it did.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 am

Lol.

well, can you post in Freaks? Just have Drake and/or Vantez in the coffee house. If you want to speed things up, perhaps one of them can spot the spark of blue energy circling around Claire's fingers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:26 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
Lol.

well, can you post in Freaks? Just have Drake and/or Vantez in the coffee house. If you want to speed things up, perhaps one of them can spot the spark of blue energy circling around Claire's fingers?

I'm working on it. Both of them will be in the coffee shop, though Vantez won't strike until Drake has cleared since I'm saving their battle for later. When Vantez has amassed a few powers.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:29 am

Ok. If you wish, I can make some other mutants in the City appear.

If he meets the Raven or the Watcher, he can go after them. Stopping time and turning intangible would probably both help him. The Raven is somewhere in Cherry Hill, a run-down Ghetto-like neighborhood in South Baltimore. it's far away from Fell's Point, though. The Watcher is in St. Agnes hospital, which is also in South Baltimore, in Catonsville. Vantez could possibly go there to get some blood to drink...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:30 am

The thing is, Vantez doesn't rely on blood, he only uses it to copy powers. And I agree stopping time would be a incredibly useful power, and so would super strength and lightning, wink wink.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:33 am

I know. Just a thought until he comes into the coffee shop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:34 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
I know. Just a thought until he comes into the coffee shop.

Too late, he's there. Now for a quick post on CZ...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:40 am

hmm...I'm thinking of placing Storm in Virginia...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:41 am

Perhaps New Jersey? Then we can say that Superstorm Sandy was actually Storm in a really bad mood?

I posted Lone.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:42 am

...that would be crazy! you would let me do that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:48 am

I saw, I'll respond tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:48 am

Considering that we have Superman, a pair of electric twins strong enough to blow the country's power supply out, a guy who can stop time, a guy who can't die, a character who's a vampire that is about to acquire a bunch of different powers, and a thirty foot long snake with mind-controlling venom, I don't see why not.

This can't be a regular occurrence, though. I allow much stronger powers here because I truthfully think it's more enjoyable when there's more at risk every battle, but something really bad would had to have happened to Storm to make her get that mad. She can't summon a hurricane every time someone ticks her off.

But I'm sure you knew that, being the great RPer you are.

@Lone: You're killing me Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:51 am

I have to respond tomorrow because I'm working on a CZ. Also, because I doubt you want me killing a good amount of the characters, can I change Vantez's power a bit so that he doesn't have to drink all of a mutant's blood to get a power. Like a quart to get 75% of a power
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:56 am

Of course. I didn't think he was going to kill them. Claire and Raphael are too important to the plot to kill, as is The Watcher.

Also, good luck finding a way to get The raven's blood without him shoving the closest sharp object at hand into Vantez' heart. If you haven't noticed yet, The Raven isn't exactly a nice guy.

did you post Sylvia and vito following hiss? If so, remember that Alexa is unconscious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:57 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
Of course. I didn't think he was going to kill them. Claire and Raphael are too important to the plot to kill, as is The Watcher.

Also, good luck finding a way to get The raven's blood without him shoving the closest sharp object at hand into Vantez' heart. If you haven't noticed yet, The Raven isn't exactly a nice guy.

did you post Sylvia and vito following hiss? If so, remember that Alexa is unconscious.

1). Vantez prefers sneaking. Wink, wink

2). Bout to.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 am

1) Hehe. Well, technically The Raven should be sleeping in his apartment by now, but nobody knows his identity and even if Vantez found him, the second The Raven woke up, Vantez's fangs would get knocked down his throat.

2) good. read my post before you post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:00 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
1) Hehe. Well, technically The Raven should be sleeping in his apartment by now, but nobody knows his identity and even if Vantez found him, the second The Raven woke up, Vantez's fangs would get knocked down his throat.

Vantez doesn't have fangs, he just makes people bleed and lick the blood up.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:05 am

...I guess he can't get Storm's, then. She probably doesn't have a pint of blood to spare to begin with.

Also, about Hurricanes, she can't form those unless she's over the ocean, and it becomes so powerful it spins out of control, carrying her with it. She can't summon one over land. Nature has to provide the temperatures and such needed to make hurricanes and tornadoes. Otherwise, it's just a really bad thunderstorm, and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 am

Lonestar wrote:
Maxx Toron wrote:

Vantez doesn't have fangs, he just makes people bleed and lick the blood up.

I need to read these sheets more carefully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Freaks OOC: We're back.
Page 10 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next