Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Freaks OOC: We're back.

Go down 
+8
JunkMail
God-Mod
Balufire
ViperaUnion
Derkal
VikingWalruz
MataRahi
Maxx
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 3:34 pm

I know. I said hurricane force, not hurricane.

Also, does anyone object to it being around this time of year in the rp? I have an idea for a Christmas special lol.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Mehah! I would love that! Last time I RPed during a Christmas special, none of the characters fought because of a temporary truce, it started to snow, and people had a snowball fight while my dragon character was decorating random conifer trees outside.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Lol. I'm going to make a crossover rp called "the roleplex Christmas special" as well so that everyone can join in.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 3:46 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Yeah. Might make it today and let everyone party while I'm taking exams. Itll be in the fantasy IC section, since I doubt that we'll need an OOC.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:32 pm

I will definitely post in it.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:02 am

I hate to do this, but I don't have enough time to post again, so this rp will take a little nap the next ten days.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 2:18 am

I got a fourth character that's Super unique to me.

Name: Hildegard (Formerly Hilda)

Appearance: Hildegard is much like a Russian desman in appearance, possessing a long, tubular snout, which twitches constantly, small, blind eyes, shorter legs, and a somewhat similar build. However, this is where all resemblance comes to a complete stop. Hildegard’s fur, unlike the desman, is rough, thick, and bristly, sometimes compared to that of a wild boar, and is covered with oil that makes it waterproof. It is a solid shade of black. On Hildegard’s back, she possesses thick, shiny black keratin scales, much like those found on a pangolin. These scales trail down her incredibly long tail, which also appears to be like a tree pangolin’s. Her front legs are like that of a star-nosed mole’s, spade-shaped, with long, hard claws that stray from the normal design in that they are sharp and serrated. These claws allow Hildegard to cut through soil and hard rock, making her one of the best burrowers on the planet. She also has hind legs built very powerfully, which are webbed and tipped with sharp serrated claws. These allow her to run at incredible speeds. Her mouth is filled with ten rows of white, needle-like teeth, which quickly re-grow when lost. She has a long, anteater-like tongue, which is tipped with tiny barbs and can be flicked out like a whip. Her small eyes are white, aside from elliptical irises, which are red from cataracts and are blind. Her snout is covered with dozens of whiskers, and her ears are small enough to be concealed by fur. She is about 3’7” in length, and is around 1’2” in height at the shoulder. Her vocalizations are much like a combination of a bear and a snarling wolf, although sometimes it may be attributed to a sound like a squealing boar, or the howl of a coyote. Reptilian hisses may also occur. Hildegard cannot speak any human language.

Personality: Hildegard is a very dangerous creature, more comparable to an incredibly smart dog than a human being or mutant. She does not speak human language, although she has a certain comprehension of vocal commands, and is aware of her own name, Hildegard, as well as perhaps vague memories of when she was little, and was called Hilda. Much like a monster from a child’s nightmare, she burrows through the earth, tearing up crops, and has an appetite for blood that is almost insatiable. When she encounters farms or livestock, the numbers of cattle, goats, sheep, or any other farm animal will significantly decrease after she finishes feeding, almost to half the original number. Hilda has cost farmers and herders incredible losses in crops and animals. She is a terrifying creature that has been mistaken for the El Chupacabra, who some believe migrated to New Mexico.

Despite the path of destruction she leaves, Hildegard was not always a monster. When she was three years old, she was a normal child in Germany before she began to mutate. As she changed, she regressed to an animal state so terrifying that her parents could scarcely look at her, although they were truly concerned. Later, her uncle, ashamed that his brother and his wife were unable to care for her, took her in. He brought her with him to the Black Forests of Germany, far from civilization, and trained her to search for Bohemian Truffles, which were mushrooms eaten in the area. Surprisingly, Hilda learned very quickly, and sniffed out the truffles much faster than a normal pig or dog could. Two years passed, with Hilda assisting her Uncle in his workshop as a kind of faithful companion, when thieves learned of her existence. When she was five, she was stolen by men who believed her to be a rare and exotic beast. They locked her up in a steel cage, and smuggled her into the US, where she was promptly sold to a farmer in Louisiana. There, after being forced to re-learn some of her German commands in English by her new master, she was taught how to plow fields. Surprisingly, she was very good at this, and managed to plow in one day what would have taken a normal man over a month, even with the aid of machines. She was also taught how to guard, attack, and kill, along with instruction to kill wild boars that destroyed crops. After this, she was re-named Hildegard by the farmer. One day, however, the farmer made a mistake. He accidentally forgot to lock up his pigs one night, and Hildegard, in the middle of guard duty, mistook the domestic pigs for boars. The farmer, angry, tried to beat her, and was promptly torn to shreds. After this, Hildegard escaped, and rampaged the countryside, with no master to control her.

Abilities: Like a furry torpedo, Hildegard burrows through the ground at an alarmingly fast rate, enough to go up to 100 miles per hour, outmatching most cars and vehicles in speed. She can cut through even most kinds of stone, although certain kinds, like granite, can be difficult to go through. She can hold her breath for a very long time, and has incredible resistance to pressure, and to carbon dioxide. This, combined with her waterproof fur, allows her to swim underwater for long periods. She can also smell underwater, by exhaling bubbles and then inhaling them again. Her speed in the water is much less than her burrowing speeds. Hildegard’s running speed is as fast as her burrowing speed, and makes her formidable in a fight. Her sharp teeth and serrated claws, along with her whip-like tongue, cause her to be perhaps one of the most powerful predators on the planet. This is even further supported by her heavily armored body. She also possesses a sense of smell that can allow her to track scents from a continent away, and her sensitivity to vibrations are very powerful, enough to detect minute seismic changes. She possesses a fast metabolism that allows her to heal quickly. She can also hear ultrasound frequencies and most small sounds.

Despite all her strengths, Hildegard has many weaknesses. Like a mole, she is completely blind, and must rely on her keen senses of smell and hearing, along with vibrations, to find her way around. However, this also makes her vulnerable. Like a dog, certain high frequencies hurt her ears, especially at a loud volume, and strong smells can make it difficult to see. Both of these can badly confuse her, and make function almost impossible. In addition, her fast metabolism requires large amounts of fuel to heal her body, and she grows weak without food. She is also not capable of human speech, or most rational human thoughts. She cannot communicate with telepathy or thoughts, as she instinctively throws out telepaths. She also lacks dexterity to operate most machinery. She will mindlessly follow anyone who gains her loyalty, much like a dog.

Other: GATTACA
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:36 am

While this is in hibernation, could someone please bring me up to speed on the Ic?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:46 am

we're talking to Winter.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:51 am

... thats it? evidently I didn't miss as much as I had originally thought. I'll post tomorrow when I can actually come up with some good lines.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:52 am

Why did it just double post?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:55 am

basically, we found winter, and Kirra is talking to it.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Yes...also, waiting on your post, aren't you finished with the exams, Maxx? It's been around a week.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 5:01 pm

I have a few more days left. At this point, I've done so much hete without getting detected that its probably ok for me to post.

I'll make my mogwai sheet soon.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:59 am

wake up fool!

wait, Vipera, don't you want Kirra to be recruited?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:03 am

Kirra refused, she will take convincing to get her to come. She's thoroughly irritated with everyone.
Back to top Go down
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:38 am

Wait what's all this about the USSR? o:
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:44 am

I'm polish. Sue me.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:50 pm

...Err...okay...then...

Anyway, Kirra ran off because she was hungry, and one thing I know for a fact is that when I myself need to eat something, I wind up with a really bad temper...same as when I don't feel well.

Maxx can try to persuade Kirra a second time, but his display of telepathy seems to do less to impress people rather than irritate and anger them, because it is an invasion of privacy to the greatest degree. Maxx would do better if he told people what other benefits there are to joining the school. Learning control works for some, who actually have trouble, but for characters like Kirra, who already know how to control their powers, there isn't really much to offer.

Truthfully, at this rate, three of my characters will probably wind up as villains, and Angus might be a vigilante hero unless he is convinced to join.

Speaking of which, is anyone going to notice Storm, and can we continue with Angus' recruitment? Someone also needs to notice Hildegard once I post as her.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Edgar is talking to Angus still, and until Lone comes back, I can't post in Baltimore with Raphael Angel and Claire.

I'll see if Angus responded to Edgar.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:07 pm

He did, although it was more of a ferocious hiss warning him to stay back.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Ok. This should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:09 pm

You should probably just edit your old post.

Also, Angus can only whisper, in reality. If he tries to raise his voice, he can only manage animal sounds.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:20 pm

k. Edgar is trying to convince him to come to the school to be a better hero.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Freaks OOC: We're back.
Page 13 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 32  Next