Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Freaks OOC: We're back.

Go down 
+8
JunkMail
God-Mod
Balufire
ViperaUnion
Derkal
VikingWalruz
MataRahi
Maxx
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Issue is, that Edgar is an adult, and I had planned for Angus emotional development. He doesn't trust adults because, years ago, he had rescued a hunter, and then, moments later, the same hunter tried to kill him. This, I believe, is not a work of fantasy, because Man really does have the capacity for that kind of betrayal.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Back story time!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:18 pm

...Edgar is actually making Angus like him less, I think, by sharing a personal story, and then stating that Angus is afraid and has powers that are still limited. If Edgar tried to be more positive, and get Angus to look at the brighter side, and not be negative, then it might be easier.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Ok. Well we'll see how this goes then.

You do realize that Black Mamba is going to try and recruit Angus too, right?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 pm

I know. Angus is partially convinced, so now, really, it depends on what Edward says next. Angus is sort of just really lonely, but he rejects most people because they seem to just make him feel worse. He also has a bunch of special needs, far as where he stays, and what he eats.

Also, you might want to send one of Black Mamba's men to Louisiana in an area full of cornfields. Hildegard is pretty much neutral, although she'd be better suited as a villain.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Did you post her sheet yet? I must have missed it.

Anyways, I'll send the ol' serpent himself!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:00 pm

Okay, since whoever gains her loyalty, she'll follow them like a dog.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Vipes, i don't have a sheet for hildegard, I don't think. At least I can't find it. Could you post it please?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:11 am

Somewhere on page 21

Name: Hildegard (Formerly Hilda)

Appearance: Hildegard is much like a Russian desman in appearance, possessing a long, tubular snout, which twitches constantly, small, blind eyes, shorter legs, and a somewhat similar build. However, this is where all resemblance comes to a complete stop. Hildegard’s fur, unlike the desman, is rough, thick, and bristly, sometimes compared to that of a wild boar, and is covered with oil that makes it waterproof. It is a solid shade of black. On Hildegard’s back, she possesses thick, shiny black keratin scales, much like those found on a pangolin. These scales trail down her incredibly long tail, which also appears to be like a tree pangolin’s. Her front legs are like that of a star-nosed mole’s, spade-shaped, with long, hard claws that stray from the normal design in that they are sharp and serrated. These claws allow Hildegard to cut through soil and hard rock, making her one of the best burrowers on the planet. She also has hind legs built very powerfully, which are webbed and tipped with sharp serrated claws. These allow her to run at incredible speeds. Her mouth is filled with ten rows of white, needle-like teeth, which quickly re-grow when lost. She has a long, anteater-like tongue, which is tipped with tiny barbs and can be flicked out like a whip. Her small eyes are white, aside from elliptical irises, which are red from cataracts and are blind. Her snout is covered with dozens of whiskers, and her ears are small enough to be concealed by fur. She is about 3’7” in length, and is around 1’2” in height at the shoulder. Her vocalizations are much like a combination of a bear and a snarling wolf, although sometimes it may be attributed to a sound like a squealing boar, or the howl of a coyote. Reptilian hisses may also occur. Hildegard cannot speak any human language.

Personality: Hildegard is a very dangerous creature, despite possessing intelligence like a human. She does not speak human language, although she can understand it. She lacks a conscience, and most reason, mostly consisting of instinct. Much like a monster from a child’s nightmare, she burrows through the earth, tearing up crops, and has an appetite for blood that is almost insatiable. When she encounters farms or livestock, the numbers of cattle, goats, sheep, or any other farm animal will significantly decrease after she finishes feeding, almost to half the original number. Hilda has cost farmers and herders incredible losses in crops and animals. She is a terrifying creature that has been mistaken for the El Chupacabra, who some believe migrated to New Mexico.

Despite the path of destruction she leaves, Hildegard was not always a monster. When she was three years old, she was a normal child in Germany before she began to mutate. As she changed, she regressed to an animal-like form so terrifying that her parents could scarcely look at her, although they were truly concerned. Later, her uncle, ashamed that his brother and his wife were unable to care for her, took her in. He brought her with him to the Black Forests of Germany, far from civilization, and trained her to search for Bohemian Truffles, which were mushrooms eaten in the area. Surprisingly, Hilda learned very quickly, and sniffed out the truffles much faster than a normal pig or dog could. Two years passed, with Hilda assisting her Uncle in his workshop as a kind of faithful companion, when thieves learned of her existence. When she was five, she was stolen by men who believed her to be a rare and exotic beast. They locked her up in a steel cage, and smuggled her into the US, where she was promptly sold to a farmer in Louisiana. There, after being forced to re-learn some of her German commands in English by her new master, she was taught how to plow fields. Surprisingly, she was very good at this, and managed to plow in one day what would have taken a normal man over a month, even with the aid of machines. She was also taught how to guard, attack, and kill, along with instruction to kill wild boars that destroyed crops. After this, she was re-named Hildegard by the farmer. One day, however, the farmer made a mistake. He accidentally forgot to lock up his pigs one night, and Hildegard, in the middle of guard duty, mistook the domestic pigs for boars. The farmer, angry, tried to beat her, and was promptly torn to shreds. After this, Hildegard escaped, and rampaged the countryside, with no master to control her.

Abilities: Like a furry torpedo, Hildegard burrows through the ground at an alarmingly fast rate, enough to go up to 100 miles per hour, outmatching most cars and vehicles in speed. She can cut through even most kinds of stone, although certain kinds, like granite, can be difficult to go through. She can hold her breath for a very long time, and has incredible resistance to pressure, and to carbon dioxide. This, combined with her waterproof fur, allows her to swim underwater for long periods. She can also smell underwater, by exhaling bubbles and then inhaling them again. Her speed in the water is much less than her burrowing speeds. Hildegard’s running speed is as fast as her burrowing speed, and makes her formidable in a fight. Her sharp teeth and serrated claws, along with her whip-like tongue, cause her to be perhaps one of the most powerful predators on the planet. This is even further supported by her heavily armored body. She also possesses a sense of smell that can allow her to track scents from a continent away, and her sensitivity to vibrations are very powerful, enough to detect minute seismic changes. She possesses a fast metabolism that allows her to heal quickly. She can also hear ultrasound frequencies and most small sounds.

Despite all her strengths, Hildegard has many weaknesses. Like a mole, she is completely blind, and must rely on her keen senses of smell and hearing, along with vibrations, to find her way around. However, this also makes her vulnerable. Like a dog, certain high frequencies hurt her ears, especially at a loud volume, and strong smells can make it difficult to see. Both of these can badly confuse her, and make function almost impossible. In addition, her fast metabolism requires large amounts of fuel to heal her body, and she grows weak without food. She is also not capable of human speech, or most rational human thoughts. She cannot communicate with telepathy or thoughts, as she instinctively throws out telepaths. She also lacks dexterity to operate most machinery. She will mindlessly follow anyone who gains her loyalty, much like a dog.

Other: GATTACA

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:18 am

Um, Vipera. One thing.... She's not bad, but since she can't communicate at all with other humans, she's basically a mutated animal. Your other creatures are borderline but she's completely incapable of human thinking so she really isn't a human.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:23 am

No, but she is capable of a certain degree of intelligence. I've been experimenting with character types, and I study animal psychology to a degree, so I wanted to make a character like Hildegard to see if I can make it work. I probably won't use her as much as all the other characters, but I have a bit of a plan for her to begin developing throughout the RP, since she's so young.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:25 am

What I mean is that this is an rp for human mutants, and she's not a human. You're a mod, so your characters are always accepted, and she's already in the rp, but I strongly advise against you making her completely animal.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 am

Well, then, I'll make her capable of intelligence like a human, but she won't be able to talk, and she'll still not really have much of a sense of reason or a conscience, since nobody she's been around is a telepath, and she's been trained like a dog.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 am

still a little sketchy to me, but alright.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 am

Well, the talking part will make it difficult, but it should be interesting to see how she overcomes it.
Back to top Go down
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 3:46 am

Probably should have posted this here rather than in GD, but when I get back from vacation I'll have Winter reconsider Maxx's offer and attempt to track him down. >u<; I just didn't want to freeze anyone while I was gone.~
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:15 pm

It's fine, we've kind of just been jumping between three scenes.

Also, Maxx, still waiting on a response from the Black Mamba.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 5:30 pm

I'll respond sometime today sorry.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Okay, then...also, a slight problem. Winter isn't a kid, she's an adult.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:22 pm

i know. Maxx calls all recruits "kid".

anyways, I'm posting as Black Mamba now.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Yay!

It's going to be interesting how Hildegard communicates...maybe she should just do that thing dogs do, where they make noises that sound sort of like words.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:30 pm

perhaps.... plus, since Black mamba is part snake, he'll be able to understand her better.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:39 pm

True, the main issue is the fact that she can't really tell them her name...also, for reference, she doesn't look as much like a mole as you think. Only her front legs truly resemble a mole's.

She looks more like a large black pangolin, which is this animal.
The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 Pangolin

And her face resembles a Russian Desman's, which is this creature, although her nose is more mole-like, because I didn't like the appearance of the desman's real nose, because it looked like a trunk.

The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 49
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:55 pm

well, I doubt Black Mamba knows what a Desman is.

That Pangolin looks freaking awesome.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 9:45 pm

That's exactly why I made Hildegard look the way she does, because Pangolins are perhaps my most favorite mammal, as far as armadillo-like self-defense is concerned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Freaks OOC: We're back.
Page 14 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next