Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

-Color: Veins of a New World-

Go down 
+4
Celo "The Moms"
Angelwolf99
Sairei
DerpaGlerp
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

-Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:49 pm

"I doubt anyone will freeze to death either, but that doesn't mean its an absolutely terrible idea" Helios said, slightly glaring sideways at Ilene "However like I said earlier, what could we do to ignite a fire? Wood alone won't cut it" as he looked back at Bri, Safina, and Flower.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:55 pm

Safina sighed,rubbing the temples of her forehead, "I meant get wood to burn if we get a fire started. What we would need is flint and stone. I don't think we have any, though." Safina really disliked encouraging fire, but if the others wanted it... She will have to go along with it then. Nothing else she could do without probably starting some sort of argument.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Bri said bluntly, "I don't know how to make a fire. I think we need flint for a fire."

The screaming mortars of the battle slowly died down. Bloodied body parts could be seen on the ground. It was silent after a minute. The doctor twitched his eyes around looking at the gory scene. His sadistic smile remained present. "Zis is glorious! Ze glorious, glorious flesh! Zit fills me vith such joy!" He picked up a severed hand and squeezed all the blood out of it, onto his head. The doctor laughed horribly loud and played in the mud with the severed limbs he had picked up.

A Deathcapp walked up to the doctor, "Sir, we've spotted some Secondians fleeing towards the forest. What do you think we should do?"

The doctor screamed, "Vhat do jou sink!? Capture zem and bring zem to me!"

The Deathcapp responded, "Yes sir, right away sir." He turned around and yelled to the others, "Come on! We have more innocents to capture!" They began to chase the survivors through the forest.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Gwyneth's ears flattened again, and the dragon formed a kind of frown. She didn't feel cold, dragons weren't supposed to, they had an inner flame that kept them warm. She was still sure she had the capability to do so, but she had forgotten how to access that flame. "I would have started a fire for you, had I known you were cold, but I don't even remember how my firebreath works." She said. "Well, I feel sort of useless, now. What about someone killing dragons? Are there hunters coming after us again?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Fire? Fire? Faez did not recall ever liking or needing fire, but he told himself he was in no shape to remember such things anyway. He knew it burned wood, and that it was hot, but for some reason felt as if he had never seen any up close before. He wondered if it was fun to make. His curiosity about the substance at once aligned him with those who wanted to make one.

He then heard Gwyneth's comment about fire breathing. That at once demanded his short attention span.

"You can breathe fire?" he asked in awe, apprising her with a new look of respect.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:03 pm

"Pfft, fine." Ilene replied contemptibly. "Besides everything that's going to notice us probably already has." She turned to Gwyneth after the comment about fire breath and said "Such a shame." The dragon continued on about hunters, Ilene was confused. "What do you mean?" She inquired all hint of hostility gone. "Your not exactly making sense..."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Gwyneth's ears flattened, "Well, I used to be able to, I can sense that I still have the capability to do it, but I don't recall how." She said, responding to Faez's question, "I know because you can't get cold if you have an inner flame keeping you warm." She then turned to Ilene, frowning, "Well, I actually don't know why I said they were hunting us again. I just know that some humans want to kill us, for whatever reason." She closed her eyes, thinking, "Now was it because they wanted our scales or feathers...glory...were some of us trampling fields? I thought we didn't do that..." She opened them, frowning, "I don't know how I know, but humans sometimes hunt dragons, for a lot of reasons. I don't think I was trampling a field, though, I wouldn't do that."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:46 pm

"Hmm well unless we have something or someone who can ignite the wood, then the point is moot" responded Helios "And I am not sure what this flint you speak of is, but I don't think we have any."
He folded his arms again.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:38 am

Safina nodded, "okay." She frowned, realizing something, "I don't know what flint is, either. I just have a feeling we need it. It's strange..." Safina replaced her frown with a smile, "I guess I'm a little glad if we can't make a fire- honestly, my only memory being fire and such, it doesn't seem very comforting at the moment."  Fire doesn't seem very safe or helpful, to be exact, at the moment. "I just thought if everyone else wanted a fire then... It seemed only fair that the majority of beings here made the decision, right?"
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:01 am

Bri sat down on a log. Her legs still hurt. "I'm still a bit confused." Something small and wet flew up to Bri and landed on her head. Bri stood up startled, "What is that?"

The little creature had beady black eyes, and was a very tiny humanoid with wings. It wore tiny clothes made from leaves, and appeared female. It smiled, showing its sharp teeth. It said quietly "The Deathcapps are coming." More of the tiny creatures flied up from the trees and leaves. They chanted, "The Deathcapps are coming."
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:04 am

"No. You're absolutely incorrect." Ilene got up in Safina's face. She licked her pointer finger, and twirled her with it. Her eyes looked up absent minded as she added "Well unless of course the majority agrees with me..." She snapped her gaze back to Safina, locking her eyes with her own. Her red orbs remained transfixed for a moment before she backed and started cracking up. "You should loosen up a bit." Ilene said with a grin.

She then heard Bri call out, and turned her attention to the strange creature.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:26 am

Safina smiled back at Ilene, "I guess I should." She was just so tensed up because of the fear she had of a disagreement. It was a strange fear, places right along the fire fear, but a reasonable one. Safina more so feared that since no one knew anyone very well a fight could end up... Not very good.

Safina jumped when she heard the eerie voice. Safina twirled around to face the strange creature, watching in shock as more arrived. No time for shock- some answers would be useful though. "What's a deathcapp?" She questioned.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:29 am

Helios heard the creatures speaking and the others cries of alarm. He looked over and listened to their eerie message. "I don't know" He thought a moment "But whatever a deathcapp is, they don't sound good. We need to prepare ourselves."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:50 am

Gwyneth had a worried expression on her face, "Whatever a Deathcapp is, I don't think I want to know. I think everyone will agree with me when I say that sounds bad." She said. For some reason, the name Deathcapp made her automatically think of some name you would give to a poisonous mushroom. A Death Cap mushroom; it sounded like a fitting name. Why the name made her think of that, she didn't know, but she was sure they weren't talking about mushrooms. They sounded like they were talking about something or someone dangerous. She coiled up her body tightly like a snakes, eternally wishing she remembered how to fly. What if that was just a dream, and she couldn't fly at all? What if she was just oblivious to the cold, and she wasn't able to breathe fire? Why did she feel like not being able to do that was wrong, then? She was going to have to fight like a giant snake, striking out and biting things, and she didn't even know how biting helped, her mouth was too small for that. Her legs were too short, was she going to have to just wrap around something and constrict it? How did that even work?
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:05 am

Faez watched the tiny creatures flutter around, chanting. Deathcapps. He didn't have the slightest idea what that was, but he knew enough to guess that anything that had the word "death" in it couldn't be good for his wellbeing.

"Well if they're coming shouldn't we leave?" he asked, confused.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:19 am

The tiny creatures continued to chant, then they began to say, "Run away!"

Steelio froze, "Deathcapps...?" He began shaking. A strike of fear overcame his face.

A memory ignited in his brain. He felt nothing but pain, agony, and the blood spewing from his eyes. This memory was very clear to him. He could hear a scary voice talking to him, "How does it feel? How does the Fountain Spell feel? All the blood through your eyes? What do you see?" Steelio cried his bloody tears, and screamed, screamed until his throat was sore. He stopped bleeding. His eye sockets were empty. The pinkish lumpy tissue in the sockets burned with pain. The scary voice was becoming louder, "You will make a fine sacrifice to the Deathcapps, very fine indeed." He laughed. The memory faded.

Steelio screamed, "We're gonna die!! The Deathcapps, I remember them! Very, very bad!" For being such a happy little boy, he is easily scared.

Bri raised her voice, "What are Deathcapps!?"

Steelio yelled back, "Very bad people!" He was shaking and beginning to cry.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:30 am

At the mention of a threat, Ilene instinctively reached reached for her waist. Her hand clumsily grabbed at the folds of her skirt. What am I doing? I must look like an idiot.. For the first time since her arrival her face turned beet red. She looked around in panic, hoping nobody had witnessed her moment of weakness. There's too many of us, somebody had to notice. In a rash decision she covered her face and ran off in the direction opposite from which the creatures had arrived.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:37 am

Steelio's panicked cries got Helios' attention Hmm I think we need to get out of here he thought to himself. Just then, the sound of footsteps on the ground and feet snapping twigs made him turn in time to see Ilene running away. He called after her to no avail. "Perhaps we should leave" he said to the others "Maybe Ilene has the right idea"
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:53 am

What Steelio said about the deathcapps greatly worried Safina. Sh looked up just in time to see Ilene running away. Helios suggested that they leave, as well. Safina quickly nodded, "agreed," she said before bending down to look at Steelio in the eyes. "It's going to be okay, okay?" She smiled reassuringly, "we just need to quickly leave. How about we follow Ilene, then?" As Safina said the last sentence, she stood up, more-so asking Helios.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:12 am

Raik was finally awoken by Steelio's screams. He jumped up, instantly alert, and ran to his new friend. He rubbed against Steelio, more like a cat than a wolf, in an attempt to calm him down. He didn't know what was going on, but he had the sense to stay quiet and listen instead of asking questions.

--------------------

Kairn had already figured out what he needed to know. As he stood up, he kept a calm, commanding air about him. He walked towards the rest of the group and took a place near Raik, though where everyone could see him. He did not sit down.

"Steelio," he said, "do you remember anything else about the Deathcapps?"
He paused for a moment, thinking of the most important specific, "perhaps their mode of transport, or anything they may use to find us."

He was already formulating several plans at once, but chances were at least one of them was completely useless. In the face of this supposed great danger, he had nothing against telling the others any plan he came up with, but only once he was sure it would work. When faced with a direct threat, he didn't want to just abandon any of them.

But he still would, if he had to.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:15 am

Helios listened to what Kairn had to say "Do you know their hunting tactics or the type of weapons they might be carrying?" he asked. "Because if there are a lot of them, we probably should consider running, especially since we are unarmed."
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:45 am

Steelio said shakily, "The-they were scary, and big, and, and, it's not going to be okay!" He was overcome with worries and a painful memory of his experience with the fountain. He pushed everyone trying to comfort him out of the way. "We need to run, get out of here, and get away!" He got up, and began running. He screamed as he ran, "We're gonna die, all of us!"

Briana was shocked by all of this, "Wait, Steelio!" She shot up and followed him. Bri motioned for the others to follow her.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:53 am

When Ilene's acute hearing picked up on Steelio shouting for them to run, she determined that she might not have made a bad call. From what she could tell nobody saw her blushing. She peeled her hands away from her face and raised her head high. While she did want to cover as much distance as fast as possible, she made sure that she didn't get too far away from the others. Ilene would never admit it, but she truly didn't like the idea of being all alone out here. Especially with these so called Deathcapps about.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:57 am

Kairn growled under his breath as he jumped forward, getting a quick start to run after Steelio. He didn't really need it though. Steelio was young, and Kairn was a mountain wolf, both fast and agile. In moments he had caught up with Steelio, and he jumped forward. He didn't tackle him, though, instead using the jump to gain height so that he could grab the collar of the boy's shirt.

He planted his paws firmly on the ground, and refused to let go of Steelio's shirt. He glanced behind him at Raik, who had followed nervously. Raik didn't say a word, still confused and slightly sleepy.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:02 am

Helios followed Steelio and Bri, using his longer legs to try to catch Steelio before he went off alone and was killed. Kairn outpaced him however and he came upon them a moment. He walked in front of them "Steelio, you have to stop yelling, that will only make this worse." he started "we should follow Ilene, but we need to do it quietly so they won't hear us."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

-Color: Veins of a New World-
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next