Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once In Light

Go down 
+6
True Night
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
Sairei
Celo "The Moms"
Angelwolf99
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Once In Light - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 12:27 am

Edur was taken by surprise, for a moment, as the image of a girl in a grey dress appeared in a daydream that he did not create of his own accord. In the dream, the girl spoke, somehow responding to his question. It took him a moment to realize that this must be a form of magic, by which the strange mare communicated. As soon as he worked this out in his mind, he relaxed again, though regardless, he unconsciously raised one of his front legs, his knee touching to the iron locket resting across his chest. His ears pricked forward, and his lips tightened, slightly, before relaxing again, returning to a calmer expression. "I cannot complain if you speak through dreams, though it startled me, at first."

He lowered the leg that had been touching his locket, "My name is Edur, pleased to make your acquaintance. It is quite nice to know there are other equines that enter populated areas, as I do. I was beginning to suspect I was the only one that did not avoid visiting towns." He tried to keep his conversation nice and pleasant, though he was tempted to ask the mare her name. It was hard to carry on a conversation with someone you didn't know how to properly address. However, Edur found that it might be wrong of him to pry, if the mare wanted him to know her name, she would tell him.

Above the town of Springvale, high above the clouds, where the air was so thin that no other creature could breathe, a pegasus mare soared, carried by the powerful wind that filled her wings, and lifted her into the sky. Unseen by those on the ground far below, she circled, once, twice, and then three times, before suddenly angling downward and diving, gigantic eagle-like wings cutting through the clouds that obscured her from view. She changed the direction in which she flew, and descended, just outside the town gates, alighting on the ground, light as a feather, and graceful in every way. Folding her wings neatly, the pegasus slowly trotted into town.

Skye was a small equine, only a little over fourteen hands high, and barely escaping the size bracket set for ponies. Everything about her was sleek and refined, a build that matched Arabian horses of only the finest breeding and pedigree, and even then, she surpassed them, for the vivid color and sheen of her pelt. With a graceful, curved neck, and a dished profile, with a tail that was carried high, her grand wings, of a gigantic span that was impressive compared to the rest of her body, only enhanced the strange, equine beauty that she possessed. Her pelt was a bright buckskin, and naturally possessed a metallic sheen, and thus, her entire body gleamed, as though formed from pure gold. Her long, silken mane and tail were of the deepest raven black. About her neck, she wore a white silk drawstring back, on a matching silk rope, but what it contained, none could be sure.

If Skye was so elegant in appearance, her manner did not seem to say so. Despite the slowness of her gait, her behavior, her actions, were filled with energetic vigor. As she trotted down the streets, and horses raised their heads to look, she gave them cheerful whinnies, and they, in return, whinnied back, nodding their heads and flicking their tails, their ears pricking forward. Even though she could not properly communicate with them, Skye tried, and her manner, even if not understood, seemed to brighten the day of the horses in charge of pulling the carts of traders. If they had lowered their heads, bored before, they now raised them, their ears alert, and their gazes filled with energy. The pegasus loved visiting towns, for all the different things she saw.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 12:56 am

Aiko smiled at Kader's mention of being a storyteller. "A storyteller? I always love new stories- I hear a ton from the different areas I've been to. I can't wait to hear it. I might even try to tell a story. Thanks a ton. For me, my two options for such a show are either story telling or fighting, but I don't see people around here being into such violence." She looked around the area blankly. No one seemed to be paying attention to them. It was just her, Kader, and the rabbit. Speaking of which, what's its name? She decided to ask just that.

Aiko spun on her heel to face the hare, "So what's your name? I haven't heard it, yet."
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:20 am

"That sounds quite splendid!" exclaimed the hare. "We should head there at once!" He looked thoughtful for the moment. "Speaking of story telling I have numerous tales of my own. I may decide to grace you with one of them. We'll have to see." At the mention of fighting he looked shocked. "Oh heavens no!" Behind the mask Lilith would love a good fight, maybe enough to swap guises and challenge Aiko. Her train of thought was interrupted by a question. "Oh deary me, where are my manners. My name is Lepus, it's nice to make your acquaintance."
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:29 am

Desiderii was delighted that Edur was not affronted by her odd form of communication. She had tried this many times before with others who had chosen to speak with her, and more often than she would care to admit, they ran away in fear screaming about psionic witches. It was a shame, really. Daydreams could be so nice.

"A pleasure to meet you, Edur," Desiderii's dream-girl said, curtseying, "I am Mare Desiderii."

Edur interested her, even if she was preoccupied with figuring out why tonight was so special for her nightmarish business. She had never met a being quite like him before, as they rarely did anything that would require retribution by terrifying dreams. Unicorns had a tendency to be pure and noble in heart.

"Did you come to town to people-watch as well?" Desiderii asked curiously, her dream-girl taking on a subtle exotic accent. "Mortals can be fascinating...I find myself around them quite often."
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:34 am

"Nice to meet you," Kader said, inclining his head slightly to the hare.

"I could show you to the tavern, if you wish," he said, "But I am afraid I won't be able to truly attend until later this evening."

This was only a half truth. Because he technically was not a member of the guard, he didn't have any specific hours he had to work. However, he did feel a certain duty, asking him to stay out. Even beyond that, he preferred to do his storytelling after dark, for various reasons.

He also had yet to eat his breakfast, which was still uncooked in his hands. He was starting to get very hungry.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:06 am

Aiko shook her head, noticing only then that Kader was still holding his purchase. If he was so willing to buy from her, he probably really needed or wanted them. "Oh, no, it's fine. You probably need to get those put up or eaten. I can ask someone else for directions. 'Sides, you've already helped out a ton. So if you need any help, just know I'm willing to help," Aiko bowed for the third time in the whole conversation, "I guess I'll go now. Nice meeting you two and see you tonight."

Before recieving a reply, Aiko had already walked off. She would ask someone else for directions. She felt guilty when people help out so much, which isn't a good trait to be combined with her easily annoyed attitude. Well, the Kader fellow wasn't annoying, but that hare named Lepus? He was another story. Aiko's right ear flinched in annoyance. She was going to have to first find the tavern before anything else. Easy, right?

Last edited by Celo The Impossible on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:52 am

The newly named Lepus decided to take his leave as well. "Tolly ho then." He said to Kader before hopping off into the crowd. Lilith decided that she wanted to change forms, the problem was finding a secluded place. Such a place was unlikely to exist, so she would have to think outside the box. Mortals and their cities. She went back to the inn she stayed at the night before, but this time everyone inside saw her as a large squirrel. Anyone outside still saw a rabbit until she disappeared through the doorway. That would be the last anyone saw of Lepus for a while. Observing the growing crowd Lilith wondered whether this was the place Kader spoke of.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:51 am

Terran watched as the animalistic girl walked off from the raptor and hare. She grinned, taking another sloppy bite of her stolen apple. If this hybrid girl was actually a merchant, she obviously wasn't a good one. And now that the girl had quite a bit of coin from the rabbits it could be interesting for Terran. Maybe she could cheat her out of some money, or maybe some valuables. If this girl was an inexperienced merchant with rare wares then Terran might be able to get a wicked bargain.

"Oi! Cat girl!" Terran called out, swallowing a mouthful of apple. "Wait up!"
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:25 pm

Aiko winced when she heard someone call her cat girl. Oh no, she was NOT just called.... she turned around and glared in the direction of the voice. A faun, wasn't it? She didn't care at the moment- that girl said she was part cat!

"I'll have you know I'm a fox- completely different then any cat," She made sure to put an annoyed tone into the word, cat. "But yeah, what do you want?" she was basically glaring daggers at Terran. if there was one thing she hated the most, it was being mistaken for a cat girl. Kitsune took pride in their heritage, and Aiko was the proudest of all for it. She kept her fist clamped around her ruby necklace, as if trying to keep her anger clamped in the same way her fist was clamped around the star.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:20 pm

Kader shrugged, but didn't say anything more. He walked away silently, listening passively to his surroundings. He could hear an argument starting nearby, and thought he heard Aiko's voice, but he ignored it. He had better things to do, and the real town guard could take care of anything that proved to be a problem.

After a few minutes of walking through the forming crowds, he made it back to his house. Before he went inside, he glanced up at the sky, taking note of the sun. It had been about an hour. He smiled, satisfied that he had managed to find food in that time. What with the crowds everywhere, he hadn't really expected to get breakfast in time for it to actually be breakfast.

Once inside, Kader took his freshly-bought food to his kitchen. He wasn't the best cook, but he could get by. Luckily, raptors were draconic, which meant he could easily eat raw meat if he wanted to. He did not, however, and so he put the rabbits on a table and went to his fireplace. A few minutes of arranging logs and he was satisfied. He crouched down in front of the fireplace and put one hand near it. A flash of electricity ran from his fingers to the tinder, and a while later the whole fireplace was alight. And so he began to cook.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Terran took a half step back, her eyes widening and her hands covering her chest in an "I'm unarmed" action. "Hey no need to get so defensive, it was a simple mistake, no need to raise your voice." With a slight frown Terran bowed at the waist, in a lazy show of appologies. "Sorry for mislabeling you, miss fox." Terran almost wished that the girl was part fox, it would have made this exchange a lot easier. Cats tended to be a bit meeker then foxes. Oh well, might as well try to change tactics on this girl.

"I couldn't help but hear you were in the need for some entertainment, I was thinking you might want some company to the local tavern." Terran probably sounded a bit more confident then she should be, as she had only just arrived in town. But she had passed a building that looked like a tavern, and she was just as bored as the next girl.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:30 pm

"It's fine," Aiko nodded, "I'm a bit... lacking in restraint when it comes to anger. Sorry about that." she gave Terran a bow, as well, but as she was getting tired of bowing she mostly nodded her head. "Oh, and you can call me Aiko," she said in response to the "miss fox" statement.

When Terran brought up the tavern, Aiko glanced back at where she had been talking with the others earlier. "My, you have good ears," she remarked. Of course, she could hear just as far when she used her fox senses, but it was still impressive. "Well, anyways, yes, I would like some assistance finding the tavern."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:21 pm

Edur nodded his head slowly, in response to Desiderii's question. "Yes, I suppose I did come to observe, though most just call me a nomad, I never stay in the same place for long. I'll probably be around here for one or two days, and then head to the next settlement." He looked on as a trader began to debate the cost of a small golden pendant with a customer, who was attempting to haggle, in order to lower the price. He flicked his tail, "I suppose my presence here is rather strange, when given more thought. Most of my kind stay far from mortals, not just their towns, but their roads and paths, too." The trader and the customer both appeared to be growing frustrated, now, it seemed soon that they might stop bargaining, and instead begin arguing. "I find that sometimes, I seem to have several things in common with them, as I watch them go about their lives," He finished the thought. The merchant and the customer were arguing, now. Edur lowered his ears slightly, seeing them as they began to raise their voices.

He touched one knee to his iron locket, again, "Unicorns are regarded as legendary, because few see us, and because we seem distant from the squabbles of mortals, we seldom encounter them. In truth, that is where mistakes were made, for unicorns can feel everything that a mortal can. We are not invincible, and because we can be hurt, we can feel the same emotions as they do. We can feel pain, and fear, and sorrow, and this is why I observe the mortals in the towns I visit, I suppose." He lowered his raised hoof, again. "It is interesting, because mortals want things. They fight, argue, and cry over objects they cannot have, or do not need. I can understand living in towns, building homes to live in, but why do they fight over simpler things, such as useless baubles that have no purpose or meaning? I often think of these things, every time I see traders argue over some trinket they wish to sell." A third person had finally rushed in to help stop the argument between the trader and his customer, and resolve the conflict. A few seconds later, coins exchanged hands, and the customer walked away, merrily wearing his new pendant.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:59 pm

Well at least she apologized. Terran wrung her hands. "Oh don't worry about it, emotions are tricky things and everyone snaps every so often." Terran grinned, wrapping one of her arms around Aiko's shoulder. "Aiko huh?" Terran said, shutting her eyes in thought, reopening them to speak again. "That's a pretty exotic sounding name, I bet it means something fancy in fox talk." Terran began to lead Aiko by the shoulder through the town, nimbly avoiding passing by townsfolk. This fox chick seemed pretty cool, maybe she wouldn't attempt to mug her on the way to the tavern.

Terran jabbed a thumb towards herself. "My name's Terran by the way, which I'm pretty sure is a faun word for earth or mud or something." Her let out a chuckle, narrowly avoiding crashing into a merchant cart, which she sneakily snatched a loaf of bread from. "If you think about it, Terran sounds a bit like tavern, if you say it while biting your tongue." Terran then proved her point, alternating between saying tavern and Terran while biting her tongue "hey, maybe it's some sort of wacky fate that we met together today!" Terran said with a gleam in her eyes, offering a chunk of bread to Aiko.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:20 am

When Terran told Aiko her name sounded exotic, she shook her head, laughing a little. "My name doesn't really fit me. It means child of love. Either way, though, I guess my names okay." She remembered when she was little asking her mom to change her name to Katsumi, once, since it ment victorious beauty and she didn't like getting called a child. Her mother did just as any mom would and told her no and that her current name was perfect. Aiko was glad her name wasn't changed- otherwise more people would think she was part cat, with the beginning of the name sounding like cat.

When Terran said her name and began comparing it with Tavern, Aiko let out another laugh. This faun was quite interesting- not to mention amusing. "Maybe it is like fate, I guess," she said, accepting a piece of the stolen bread. "So, you don't seem to be from around here, either. What brings you here, then?"
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:10 am

Terran let out a soft puff of air from her lips. "Well 'child of love'" Terran started, in a borderline mocking tone, "sounds way cooler then a name like dirt!" Terran rolled her eyes at herself, as if finding her statement amusing. "Actually, dirt is better then some other names. I grew up next to a faun who's name pretty much meant 'slow one'" Terran tore a chunk of bread with her teeth, tossing is slightly and repositioning it in her mouth so she could continue to talk. "But it turns out that kid was one of the fastest fauns I ever came to know. Makes you wonder where all your childhood friends even are."

"Well I guess you caught me." Terran said in a sheepish tone of voice, rubbing the back of her head with her free hand. "I bet it's pretty obvious that I'm not from around here, actually I just got here this morning, I only know where the tavern is because I passed it while I came in." Terran waited for a moment before answering Aiko. "Well I didn't mean to come to this town in particular, I tend to just wander around, play some music, get some money then more on. I don't really have a home so I don't stay for long." She side glanced over at the fox girl. "So why are you here? "
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:47 am

"I wonder about some childhood friends, also, at times. Where I lived, there was this kitsune boy named Hanago, which means flower guardian. I found that amusing, though he grew up to be one of the toughest warriors in all the kitsune." She held in a laugh, "Run from the flower guard... heh."

Aiko shrugged in response to Terran's question, "I just travel- Explore, whatever you want to call it. I kinda have taken on a... nomadic style? I've always enjoyed travelling, and since I became an adult by kitsune tradition a couple years back, I chose this lifestyle. I make money by selling extra game from hunting trips. I use the money to stay at a inn sometimes. Of course, I can easily sleep in the woods in my normal kitsune form, but nothing beats a nice, soft bed, y'know?"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:08 am

In a different plane, a figure shrouded in darkness sat before a panel full of magical screens. All of them showed something of interest to their watcher, but one in particular held it's attention. It depicted two young girls, one a faun, the other a kitsune. They were walking cheerfully through a town the figure knew all too well was Springvale.

One of them mentioned something about fate, and the figure chuckled. Some said that this creature was fate, and it was true that it acted that way sometimes. In this case, though, it was true. There was a reason some of the people in town were there.

Everything was falling into place.

The screens flickered out. The creature turned and stood, beginning to walk into the void that surrounded it. It had buisness to attend. A certain creature of light had been watching its movements closely, and the figure was beginning to worry she had caught on to its plans...
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:21 am

Desiderii's dream-girl nodded thoughtfully. Because of the immense amount of time she spent around mortals, she had taken on some of their mannerisms. She had to know how they acted anyhow, or the dreams she brought would be merely confusing equine-speak. She acted with human mannerisms automatically, because her dream-form was human. Had she chosen to portray herself as another creature, her dream-form would have adapted to that creature's body language.

"It is because of their odd and powerful emotions that those like myself are often among mortals," the dream-Desiderii said. She keenly recalled delivering a dream to a man who had spent his entire life thieving from others. The guilt had finally numbed him to the point where he no longer cared. This required recompense, and Desiderii had been assigned to bring him and especially awful dream concerning his most recent victims, and their plaintive cries in darkness begging him to explain why he had done what he'd done. The man had awaked in tears when it was over. There was nothing he could do to correct his wrongdoing, but he tried his best not to steal from anyone again.

It was this, that Desiderii prided herself on. She, and those of her fellow Night Mares, were the bringers of guilt. The dream-girl smiled knowingly. "However, most of the mortals I'm around do not even realize I'm there until I'm gone..."

It was bad form to be seen while delivering a dream. Having been doing so for a long time, Desiderii had not been seen during the night for hundreds of years. Her daytime form was something of a different matter...While she was a Pooka during the day, she still considered herself a Night Mare. Occasionally she would forget the distinction, which sometimes brought her inner identity confusion.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Terran tipped her head back in thought, grinning. "I heard you kitsunes are all pretty tough warriors, unlike us fauns. We are pretty laied back and are pretty sucky in a battle field." Having a name like flower guardian would have secured Terran with two things in a faun society, she could have a good job and would be rather popular. Flower names were usually only given to the most graceful and beautiful fauns. "Fauns get their names a few years after their birth, once the parents get a feel for their personalities."

"Yeah I know how you feel about the comforts of a home, it almost makes me regret running away from my tribe when I think about home cooked meals and the village kids." Terran shrugged, quickly turning a corner. They were just about to the tavern, to Terran's displeasure. Chatting with the kitsune had been rather entertaining. "But out on the road you get a lot more opportunity to be who you wanna be ya'know?"
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:41 pm

The late morning rays broke through the tent causing Farkas to awake. Farkas and Unessa had decided to camp out in the forest the night before near the north side of town because they were too tired from being run out of the last town. Farkas began to rise out of bed looking at his partner while she stirs in her sleep. He couldn't help but notice how adorable she looked and he had a feeling today was gonna  be a good day. He yawned and streched before he got dressed and decided to wake up Unessa.

He steped outside to the side of the tent and cleared his throat.

"Guards she's in here!!!"

Unessea's ears twicthed in response before she jumped up as fast as she could grabed her daggers and jumped outside into the morning sun in the heat of the moment.

"Alright who dares" she snarled and looked around still clutching the daggers.

"Sorry honey there is no guards I'm afraid it was time to get you up so we can go into town and hopefully get some breakfast, I'm starving since were both up and ready we should head out now were pretty late as it is."

"Ughh you jerk you scared me half to death." She pounced onto Farkas knocking him to the hard ground and started hiting him repetedly in the head while Farkas playfuly blocked most of the attacks. After awile she gained her composure and let out a sigh they both got up and she gave him a quick peck on the cheek before she grabed the rest of her stuff. Today she didn't feel like getting all dressed up so she desided to go in her normal outfit.

"Alright honey I am good to go but don't you dare pull that again you hear me."

"Hmm yeah I hear you I'm thinking we should just find a nice tavern"

"Sounds good to me let's go we can come back for the rest of our stuff later when we find a place to stay."

She wraped herself around his arm and he intertwined his tail with hers loveingly before they headed into town. Soon they arived in the huslteing bustiling town and they noticed how it was pretty busy and took in the sights and smells the golden shine of jewlery from the merchant stall's the smell of fresh meat from the days catch. It was beautiful they had been traveling for quite some time and it was nice to see civilization again.

"Nice I could get used to a place like this even better than the last town you got us kicked out of."

"Hey how was I saposed to know he was the king's son he looked like a normal target to me."

"Oh well at least we ONLY! got kicked out we're lucky he had the hots for you."        

"Ughh don't remind me." she pulled him closer and shuddered at the thought. Her stomach began to growl reminding them to get on track to find the tavern so they can eat a nice breakfast.

"heh I guess we best be getting to the tavern you wanna take the short cut?"

"yeah that would be nice give me one second to find one." she closed her eyes and began to concentrate images and locations flashed in her head before she found a decent looking tavern around some corner. She got a feel for the location before she opened her eyes again looking at Farkas.

"Found it lets go" She then concentrated on the location and the spot infront of her before she opened a portal with purpleish outline and a mirror image of the tavern in the center infront of her.
Then they both walked through the portal just appearing on the other side infront of the tavern.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Lilith found a spot among the mass of people and watched the festivities. The squirrel appeared quite delighted, but real her was bored to death. Come on I can play better than that without any practice. Only through magic was she able to accomplish such things, she couldn't remember a day that had gone by without her using it for something. Even in her mortal guises she cast spells to make her job easier. There had been a few exceptions in days gone by when she had impersonated people from the other contentment that had no connection to magic. Those assignments had been painful to her, doing everything by hand. She had learned some trade skills, but those were unnecessary when magic was at your disposal.

Her attention returned to the tabletop performer. This particular act was annoying to her so she 'helped' it along. The performer felt something that can be best described as a white hot needle stick him in the rump. A moment later he ran howling from the stage. When is somebody interesting going to arrive.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:11 pm

He awoke with a start. This was typical for him. He always slept soundly through the night and even the day on a few occasions. He really didn't have any particular sleeping pattern or the like, he simply followed his bodies Circadian Rhythms. This time however he'd slept two days. He knew this simply from the fact he had an excellent sense of time. Given that he can see time itself gave him a distinct advantage in time keeping.

He simply woke when Something important perturbed him. Usually a predator nearby or travelers. But this time when he woke there wasn't anyone nearby. He was confused as to why he was awake. He scanned his surrounding looking for anything that might be of concern for him, but he didn't see anything at all. All around him was a vast sea of trees and there wasn't anyone for miles as far as he could tell. He lifted his massive crimson tipped ears in hopes of finding what ever it was he couldn't see. He heard the bird as the flew through the air. He heard the rivers and the wind as they both wound their way through the landscape.

Then off in the distance he heard a faint noise. He wasn't quite sure what it was at first. It sounded like a bedlam of noises all mixed into one. He could hear many things all at once, but couldn't make out a single one. There was only one thing that sounded like that. And that was a village or town.

What is it?

I think it's a town.

Are you sure?

Yes I'm sure!

If you say so. You've been wrong about thinks before ya know.

I know than, but This time I'm sure of it. There's a town close by.

Towns mean people. You think It's safe?

As far I see yes. Something bad might happen, but the chances for it are slim.

You've said that before. We got ran out of town last time.

Only because you ran off a caravan.

You told them pillagers were coming. They believed you.

I was almost right. It was the caravan I saw!

It matters not. You were wrong.

What ever. I say we go. I see good thing up ahead.

Like what?

New friends.

I see.

Fine we shall go.

Yes!

Thus he sauntered off towards the Indistinct noise that was the town. He didn't know it's name. He hadn't known it was near when he'd stopped for the night two day prior. He couldn't even see where it was. He was guided by sound alone as to its location. It sounded as if there was a lot of commotion there. That concerned him and also encouraged him. it meant excitement and maybe even trouble. He didn't know what awaited him there, but it was better than the boring mundane existence that had overtaken him these last 2 or 3 years.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Aiko smiled and nodded in agreement to Terran's statement. "That's one of the reasons I like travelling. That and how nothing ever gets boring- there's always something new." like fainting giant rabbits.

They soon arrived at what looked like a tavern ((please don't kill me for having them appear there without asking XD)) and Aiko sighed, a bit disappointed. Terran was fun to talk to, so maybe she could try to spend a little more time hanging out? "Well, thanks for leading me here. Since I have some extra cash from earlier..." she held out the two silver from the rabbits, "How about we go in and get something to eat or drink? My treat? I need to repay you somehow, afterall." She dodged some performer that was running out of the room howling in pain. "Oy, watch it!" she called to whoever it was before shrinking back. She really needed to watch her anger. It was gonna end up getting her killed.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:36 pm

To be honest, Terran was quite shocked. This fact obviously showed on her face when her eyes widened with surprise and her jaw dropped slightly. Mainly because of the fact that she, up until a few moments ago, planned on taking the two silver coins by force. And now the kitsune girl considered them close enough to buy her some food and drink? "Incredible." Whispered so softly she could barely hear herself. Terran blushed only slightly, embarrassed that her inner thoughts had been accidently spoken out. She just hopped that Aiko didn't notice.

"I'm sure I have a bit of money on me!" Terran said in a flustered tone. With that Terran began to dig through the leather bag on her hip, as she lacked pockets. After a bit of rummaging she pulled out two bronze coins. "I'll just buy myself something cheap, you should keep your money. You never know when you might need it." As the actor ran out Terran grabbed the door from shutting, holding it open for Aiko. "Ladies first." She said, gesturing towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Once In Light
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next