Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)

Go down 
+8
JunkMail
Lieo
Dragonbud
The Real Shade
Celo "The Moms"
True Night
Maxx
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 3:34 am

I highly suggest that no one else posts until I get mine in. Or risk it getting ignored.
Back to top Go down
TheDippster
Teedler Supreme Ruler of Space
TheDippster

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 3:45 am

I swear i'm going to have the worst timing ever
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 7:10 am

Hey guys, I got bored and decided to rephrase Gabe's power and add a few things that'd make a bit more sense.

C-c-check it out.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 2:26 pm

Mr Allen J wrote:
It's probably going to be a little while before the next act starts. We've barely started all the things that we were going to do.

If you like, I can have another teacher of mine interact with Emil if you introduce him.

Alright, sounds like a plan. I'll get to posting then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 7:54 pm

Hey Maxx, considering Jasmine is advancing and threatening Kate she is going to shoot her. Flash precognition is not going to allow you to dodge bullets. It doesn't matter if you can see it coming the simple fact is if Jasmine is in line of the bullet, which she is it, is physically impossible for her to get out of the way in time. Being closer makes it even harder.

Unless of course Ray intervenes before then.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Flash precognition= you react to something before it happens. If Kate is about to shoot her, Jasmine will see it happening and will react before she pulls the trigger but after the point where she could move the gun. So actually yes; Jasmine can dodge a bullet.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 8:10 pm

You don't think I know that? So tell me what happens when Kate fires again at your new location?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Jasmine can react before Kate fires the gun and she's only ten feet away, so she'll simply duck and roll under the bullet. At that point she'll be so close to Kate that a gun will be worthless.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:19 pm

Following somebody with the barrel isn't very hard to do and a gun is never worthless. It is always capable of killing you and thinking otherwise is reckless.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:24 pm

You placed her at ten feet away, and Kate fired before then. There's also the fact that Kate isn't necessarily holding still, if a person advances making threats you might back up.

Whatever, Kate's going to fire and Jasmine could dodge if she timed it exactly. Though what Lieo said is true.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:47 pm

Either way, Jasmine's going to get into some serious trouble.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:52 pm

Lieo wrote:
Following somebody with the barrel isn't very hard to do and a gun is never worthless. It is always capable of killing you and thinking otherwise is reckless.

I've been too busy today to go through this entire fight scene and take a side on it, however, just from the OOC discussion, I do feel obligated to throw this in: 21 Foot Rule

I believe, however, that only applies if the gun is holstered, and as Lieo said, a gun is never worthless. I would argue that following someone with it is difficult/leading a shot properly is difficult, but not within ten feet.

However, I can't weigh in on one side or the other until I've gotten the chance to read the whole thing.

Quote :
(An experienced gunman, not expert, can pull off 6 rounds in a second with a 9mm handgun like Kate is using and I can guarantee it would take more than a second for Jasmine to close the distance, so three is quite reasonable.)

You can pull off six rounds in a second, but it doesn't mean you're going to be hitting anything. Pulling the trigger that rapidly will have the first shot hit (maybe), but the next two are going to be all over the place with recoil. However, once again, this is just me skimming the scene really quickly while I have a break, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 10:04 pm

The gun she's using is silenced, not to mention that it has little recoil to speak of in the first place. Also she's not just firing off as fast as she can, she's tracking her target. However, you are corrected that the second and third shots wouldn't be as well placed. Though there is the fact that if Jasmine comes at her she's making herself easier and easier to hit, so it wouldn't likely make a noticeable difference.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 11:09 pm

If she weren't firing as fast as she could then she couldn't let loose six shots in one second. And Yes Allen I am well aware that Jasmine is about to get into trouble. It's all part of the plan.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 11:53 pm

True Night wrote:
The gun she's using is silenced, not to mention that it has little recoil to speak of in the first place. Also she's not just firing off as fast as she can, she's tracking her target. However, you are corrected that the second and third shots wouldn't be as well placed. Though there is the fact that if Jasmine comes at her she's making herself easier and easier to hit, so it wouldn't likely make a noticeable difference.

It's suppressed, not silenced. Also, the .45 ACP does kick "back" rather than "up", so the recoil isn't AS bad, but it's still something you have to take into account. Those second two shots probably wouldn't be anywhere close to their mark unless Kate has trained a considerable amount.

Beyond that, they're both going to get in some major trouble for this.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 12:26 am

She didn't let loose six shots in a second, Maxx. It is three in what will end up being over a second. Shade, they might not hit their intended mark, but at point blank the likelihood of them hitting her anyways is higher than not. Unless she's aiming away. Almost anyone could pick up a gun and land two if not all three shots somewhere on a human sized target from that distance. I can tell you that I could easily, and I'm not that avid of a shooter.

I don't think this needs to become a drawn out debate, so I'll end with this. Tell me that if somebody was aiming a gun at you at 10 feet give or take, and you knew that you were going to be shot in five seconds on the dot that you could dodge the bullet realistically. Somebody tell me that and I'll drop it, since that's essentially all precognition would do for you. Then take into account the following shots.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 12:41 am

How did Kate even manage to sneak a gun into school anyways? As soon as someone hears word of it, she'll probably get expelled from the academy or something.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 12:42 am

I'll leave the mechanics of the precognition up to the two of you, my concern's just with realism. Yeah, 2-3 shots at point blank range is nothing, but firing them within the span of a second will put the next two way off course. If it was a shot, a second for the sights to settle, then another, that would be different, but rapid fire like that isn't getting it anywhere.

I'm not trying to be an ass, it's just things like this interest me and I feel like realism, especially in superpower RP's, needs to be constant or stuff can get out of control very quickly.

That being said, I feel like Jasmine and Kate are both going to have some major repercussions for this, both in terms of social standing and punishment.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 12:46 am

Also Shade, I provided the proper translation for Leila's tattoo a couple pages back. I'm not sure if you noticed.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 12:51 am

Oh, I have to go find that! Thanks, I must've missed that.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 12:54 am

Lone approved the gun, not going to reveal the details.

We can go back and forward about the recoil, but the fact remains that it's simply too close for them to totally miss like your suggesting. I know you're not trying to be an ass, but I've looked into this.

Also, studies say that in order for a human to dodge a typical bullet going at 2,000 miles per hour, they'd have to not only move ahead of time, but also be at a range of at least 250 feet. Granted this is a hypothetical situation, the timing need to dodge a bullet is almost inconceivable for the human body at any range regardless of whether you know it's coming and when. The other bullets don't even matter if the first hits like it should.

I realize action being taken is guaranteed regardless of the outcome.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 1:19 am

Those tests, however, were done with people who had to see the flash/hear the sound to react. Jasmine can react before this happens. I'm not saying that gives her a free pass for any confrontation, but here's the list of factors I see playing into this (and, granted, I'm not the ultimate authority on this kind of stuff)

-Rose is firing very quickly. Three times in one second doesn't allow for slow, steady trigger pulls, that's going to be jerky, choppy ones. That'll throw off the shot a bit.

-Rose is firing point blank

-Rose is, unless her power allows her to control her chemical levels, going to be suffering from adrenaline kicking in

-Rose, as far as I'm aware, does not have extensive firearm training to be able to counteract the adrenaline kicking in

-There's a bunch of smoke in the room making everyone's eyes water and cough and whatnot

-The gun's recoil, even if it's not the most considerable recoil (I think .45 ACP is subsonic but I'm not totally sure and I'm too busy retyping this post from CENSORED FIREFOX DELETING IT to google that really quick), is still going to throw off the shot a bit.

Even if none of those factors come into play and Rose lands all three shots, Jasmine's precognition doesn't help her even try to move (not to mention that there's an unexplainable phenomena where, when shot, people tend to collapse, so Jasmine would likely be falling after the first bullet), etc, Rose is going to straight up murder Jasmine. It won't be able to be passed off as self-defense (not with Jasmine stopping and surrendering) and will likely get Kate kicked out of the Academy if not imprisoned.

I see Jasmine getting shot once, after that, it's iffy. If we want to be totally fair we could roll a die or something. Either way, both characters just used lethal force on other students without just cause to do so, so Kate and Jasmine are probably looking at, I dunno, at least a week of detention.

EDIT:

Why is my title "Lavisher"? It makes me feel like a courtesan. Which I'm actually kinda okay with, but just wondering why
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 1:22 am

Argh,

I only allowed the gun in the first place because I thought it wouldn't even be used in the first place.

Also Maxx, I do have to note that Jasmine doesn't have enhanced speed or agility, she'd only see an attack coming, not be able to perfectly dodge it.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 1:27 am

Lavisher is what happens when you get 300 posts.

Here was the post I was referring to by the way.
Lieo wrote:
The Real Shade wrote:
May not get a post in tonight, but I'll try for it.

Also, if google failed me with the initial translation, Leila's tattoo should (really roughly) be "She who runs with wolves will learn to howl", but I have a feeling I didn't copy it right the first time around.
I finally got to that translation I've been holding off because I'm lazy and forgetful.

"ea qui cum lupibus currunt" "nosbit uluere"

"She who runs with wolves" "[she] will learn to howl".

You're welcome my friend.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 1:29 am

I had just found it when you posted that, now I feel bad. Seriously, thanks Lieo, I would've been using that phrase incorrectly like a dumbass for the rest of the RP if you hadn't helped me out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)
Page 21 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 44  Next