Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pride Days (IC): Hurt

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Jali roared in the back of his throat, stepping forward. "Mabel, Gamba is here, leading us to new territory. We meant you no harm but we will not hesitate to kill you if you try to do any harm to us. Now we'll be on our way, and I suggest you let us or you'll have a problem on your hands" the king spoke. Sira sat back and watched, she was huddled in a group of lionesses.

Layla moved off of Gamba, her sickness wearing off. She stood behind him, slightly growing at Mabel.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Mabel didn't seem to be intimidated by Jali in the least, "Oh, you think I'm that easy to kill? Let me tell you something! I've known this Tiglon longer than you have, and I'm 204 moons old, so I think I deserve a bit of respect!" She then proceeded to screech, and the sound was earsplitting. "Mabel! Please! Calm down before you attract Ammon!" Gamba yelled. At the mention of the name, the wildcat abruptly stopped making the terrible sound. She glared at him, "You're lucky I hate that lion more than I hate strangers in my territory!" She hissed. "Go fall in a termite mound!" Gamba snorted, "Well, when the aardwolf throws a fit, I'll be sure to let him know who told me to do it." Mabel stared at him hard for a moment, and almost looked as though she might attack him, but instead, she just shook her head, with just the faintest of a happy expression on her face, "It's been too quiet without someone to scream at," she said. "You irritate me, and I would like nothing more than to rip you apart, but at the same time, life is boring, and you make it a lot less dull. Welcome back then, and don't forget to tell the aardwolf I'll claw his pelt if he tries anything funny." With this, the Wildcat abruptly walked away, and vanished into the bushes.

Gamba stared for a moment, before turning to Jali, "Sorry about that, I try to avoid her territory, but I think she changes the boundaries every few days. It's almost impossible to keep from stumbling into it by accident. Of course, even though she's a sour old crone, she kind of grows on you eventually. Everyone loves and hates her at the same time. I have every reason to like her, despite her behavior. If it hadn't been for her, I probably wouldn't know poisonous plants from healing herbs right now, although trying to get her to teach me was almost impossible." Zanita's ears flattened, "Wait, you mean that the cat we just saw taught you Ethiopian herb lore?" Gamba made a movement that suggested a shrug, "Well, that's pretty much the story in a nutshell. She taught me the different herbs, but I never said we didn't constantly aggravate each other. She's been around longer even than you, Zanita, and she's survived this long solely on her wits alone." Kadir's own ears flattened, "Hard to believe you could grow to like someone like that." He rumbled. Gamba's tail flicked, "Well, if you're forced by the requirements of survival to stay around someone, you typically have either one of two choices: You can fight until someone gets killed, or you can decide to make it work."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:51 pm

Jali nodded. "It's quite alright Gamba. We'll be sure to house our prides far from her places of interest so we don't get caught in her territory. Although I'd say she's a little overconfident of herself. We have over fifty, maybe sixty, maybe close to seventy cats here, it would have been ever so easy for us to have outfought her... But anyways, if you know of a place, show us where we can place our prides" the king said. Layla nodded. "Do you know anywhere safe?"

-----------

Naus stood on a large rock, overlooking the very area they stood in, it was high on a cliff ridge so they were not seen that easily. About ten olive baboons were gathered altogether, Naus at the head. He overlooked the group of cats. "What do you make of this?" he asked his adviser, Rokum.

"An alliance it looks like. However very strange, the three species of cats usually portray each other as enemies. This is rare," said Rokum.

"Where do you suppose they come from?" asked Naus. Rokum hummed and studied them further. "From the looks of it, Kenya, but I'm not entirely certain."

"Find out everything you can about their leader over there, assuming that is him" Naus said pointing at Gamba, he noticed how he was leading most of the cats and that's what lead him to believe Gamba was the leader.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:08 am

Gamba thought for a moment, "I would suggest moving towards the highlands, where there are less trees and more scrubs, however, regardless of where we go, chances are that our territories will overlap with that of other creatures. There is plenty of prey to support a pride or clan, except up north where the Sahara Desert begins, but there is a wide variety of outcomes depending on who your neighbors are. If we go to the base of the highlands, we will probably have the advantage of snow melt water that forms rivers, as well as a less likely chance of encountering forest dwelling creatures. I'd recommend the Arsi Mountains, because the dominant predator there is the Ethiopian Wolf, and they are a relatively peaceful species, and do not hunt large prey like we do. There are nine different packs scattered throughout that area, and I happen to be on relatively good standing with them. The bad news is, that several caves there contain bats that may or may not carry disease, and there is at least one troop of Hamadryas Baboons somewhere. I've managed to make uneasy peace with them, but they are still dangerous." Gamba's eyes narrowed, "There is also the matter of Ammon, but I'd rather not speak of him. Just know that the three things I have mentioned are perhaps the only things that may be in need of concern." He nodded at a shadow in the distance, "We are very close, if you wish to settle around there."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:24 am

Jali looked at Sira and Taru and they both nodded. "Sounds good" he said. "Lead us, please" the lion added. As they began walking again, Layla lagged a bit behind to stand next to Sira who became a good friend of hers. Both were young, however Sira was still older than Layla by half a year, maybe three quarters.

"So, how are things with--" Sira started, letting the sentence finish itself. "Good, good..." Layla replied faintly. Sira made a face that suggest a "c'mon girl" look. "You still haven't told him?" she asked. Layla looked over at her with a confused face that soon looked back at the ground and turned into an expression of nervousness.

"I can't... I don't know how he'd react" she said. "I'm sure he'd be nice about it" Sira replied.
"That's not my concern, it's whether he'd accept me or not. I don't even know much about him, what good will that do me?"

"Just have hope, Layla" Sira smiled.

As the group began to pass the cliff, Naus pounced onto the other baboons, pinning them to the ground screaming "HIDE!!!" which was very loud and probably went very noticed by the cats... Jali heard...

"What was that?!" he asked Gamba.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:57 am

Gamba's tail flicked, and looked up at the cliff. "I think we are being watched by someone, although considering what they were screaming, chances are we shouldn't have to worry about them, although there is probably more than one of them." He said. He then focused on where he was going again, "Just don't let it worry you, lead them on, let them think we didn't notice. However, considering the risks, try to get the word out for everyone to keep their cubs close, without alerting whoever is on the ledge."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Jali gave a signalling look to Taru who turned around and began to whisper things to all of the other cats, especially parents who had their children with them.

"Who do you think it is?" Scar asked Jali. He looked over at the scarred she-hyena who had a concerned face. "I'm not sure... This place is full of the unknown. But the spirits will guide us..."

Naus and his baboons peaked back over the ledge once the group was beginning to pass. "Look at all of those... cubs..." Naus said, his mouth watering and drooling over the edge.

"Yeah?" Rokum asked looking at Naus. "What about them?"
"Imagine how... tasty they are..." he growled. Rokum got a confused face, cubs of big cats and hyenas were not the olive baboon's usual diet, mostly small rodents and fruits.

"You can't seriously be suggesting that..."

Naus got up and began walking down the ledge. "No, but if they set so much as one paw in my territory... We'll be having a kitty baby feast!" he said, thrusting his arms into the air as if beholding something. He lowered them and looked over his shoulder at his soldiers. "Come on!" he growled as the baboons got up and followed him.

----

Snake and his sons had reached the river and crossed it. Now they were following the group within the bushes, keeping quiet and keeping a good distance.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 3:43 am

(Okay, let's end this journey, then.)

Eventually, after several hours of walking, the group arrived in the foothills of the mountain range, although it was very tiring for many of them. Gamba then stopped, "Okay, then. We're here." He said. He turned around to address everyone, "Okay, listen up! We have now arrived at the foothills of the mountains, the best locations for settlement are around this area. I would like to announce that due to our journey being complete, our prides and clans no longer need to travel together, as everyone must now split up, and look for their own areas to stake claims on territory. However, be warned that the trials of Ethiopia are far from over! Throughout these mountains are caves filled with disease, as well as a troop of Hamadryas baboons, led by their fearsome ruler, Ramses, who wanders this place. The rogue white lion Ammon, who alone destroyed many creatures, also stalks this place. Beware each, and be prepared, should you be forced to face them!" With this, he turned to Jali, Scar, Zanita, and Kadir, "I leave it up to you to speak the words of wisdom for each group. I can only give a warning." Gamba said. Zanita nodded, "Very well, then."

Zanita stepped up next, "Everyone, just let me say, that you should all be proud of those around you, and yourselves! You have journeyed far, to a land that is new and strange, for the sake of survival. I may just be a hyena, and while some of you are lions, or cheetahs, you all have done well. You were courageous, to face these fears, and you endured much hardship on the way. However, you have survived each trial, and emerged stronger than before! Today, we are brothers and sisters, if not by blood, than in spirit, for we have shared this journey together!"

Kadir then came next, "Hyenas, Lions, and my fellow Cheetahs!" He began, "When we left our homeland in Kenya, there was much pain and suffering, many tears shed, as we left our ancestral home. Uprooted from our native soil, we traveled the barren land to this new place, where there are things that none of us have witnessed. Strange and alien, yes, but this does not make all of it terrible, for surely, the good must match the bad, stride by stride! We will find a new place, to place our roots, until we ourselves belong to it! We shall become one with this land, and learn its ways, and pass that knowledge to the next generation! The future is no longer dark with visions of starvation and death! It is new, and through our struggles, we shall make ourselves a new age of peace and prosperity!" With this, Kadir nodded at Jali, and stepped back, allowing the lion to speak.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 7:35 am

Jali stepped forward, his voice was louder than most of the others'. "My fellow lions... Today I am most proud of you, for you have done something have never seen before. You made peace with hyenas and cheetahs alike. Often our three kind portray each other as enemies. To my great surprise, we have broken that boundary, that barrier constructed by our foolish ancestors all that time ago... And my friends, hyenas and cheetahs. I thank you as well as you should be proud of yourselves as well. Not once did we have an incident during our hard journey and today we find ourselves a new land..." he said. He glanced over at Gamba.

"And for Gamba, I am most proud. For without him, none, none of this would be possible and we would be wandering in the woods somewhere, trying to find our way..." he said. "Since my childhood, I've known that there was something special about my pride, but even then, I did not expect this. Not to brag on my own clan, but I must say this is remarkable... Thank you all. You've had a starving, heated, and drought-ful journey. And I will be awaiting the next time we meet" he said with a smile, glancing over at Zanita. He then looked to Scar, she got a shocked face. He nodded and gestured for her to stand up with the rest of the leaders. He stood aside and she looked at all of the animals before her... finally feeling some sort of... peace...

"Well, I too am proud of my clan... and, and all of you. I imagined that along the way we'd be hunted down and eaten for my sins against all of you. Yet the spirits somehow have shown me an undeserving mercy. I... I never felt loved as a cub. I never felt like I had a clan who cared, I never knew loving parents or kind siblings. I was raised as a monster... I never knew love... kindness... friendship... Yet somehow in the last day or two... you've all brought it out in me... and I don't know how, but I finally feel at home..." she said, venturing on into her thoughts. She then gave a glance at Jali.

"And, I'm sorry for what I've done..."

Jali smiled. He didn't expect this, but did not show his surprised. "We've forgiven you, there is no need for fighting anymore" he added. Sira smiled as well, nodding. Scar glanced at Layla, smiling as Layla drew a grin back at her.

"So, I hope my clan will meet again with yours some day..." she said. Jali looked over at her. "We will. Probably soon." Scar smiled. "I hope so."

Layla walked over to Gamba while they went on, finishing up. "You've done so much for us. For our pride, for Kadir's, for me..." she said glancing down at her paws. "We couldn't have done this, without you. We'd be dying somewhere if it weren't for you" she said, finally growing the courage to look up into his eyes.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 1:42 pm

"I spent much of my life trying to survive, and I very well could have grown numb to seeing hardships, perhaps I have, to some extent, but the things I have seen changed the way I saw the world. I have met good creatures, even baboons who were accepting of me. How can I grow cold, when all I see are the same family, just under the illusion that they are different? My heart breaks when I see them suffer, because how much different are the cheetahs and hyenas from us? I am glad, because they have seen that we can work together. I hope all of us meet again someday." Gamba said.

Zanita walked up to Kadir, "Kadir, I am so proud of you. I can hardly believe you are the same cub I mentored all those moons ago..." She said. Kadir smiled, although there was sadness in his eyes, "And you are as great a mentor, as you have ever been, if not better. I hope I see you again. You were friends with my father, and I was so sad when I lost him, I felt that my life was over, even if I had not died. I forgot, though, that you were family to me. I am sorry that I forgot you." He said. Zanita shook her head, "It is I who should apologize. I should have worried more, I should have been there for you, but I was not. I hope the best for you and your pride. They deserve peace, after this."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Later Jali led the Ridge Pride to a large clearing and some small pieces of forest next to a very large pond, almost the size of a lake. The lions began to make their dens, carrying in their cubs and making their homes. Many got drinks of water and some of the females brought food back from a short hunt. Jali sat with Sira and Taru. Layla stood with Gamba.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:11 pm

After watching the lions for a while, Gamba stood up, "I am going to go build a den, since I am not going to be traveling this time. I am lucky there is a lake, dry mud is good for reinforcing things." He said. With this, he walked off and searched for a spot to place his den, eventually selecting a spot that was under a tall bush, and a medium distance from the pond. After picking it out, the Tiglon started using his paws to carefully break the branches to clear out a hollow underneath it, as well as to trample down the dead leaves underneath until there was a bowl shape in the ground. It was actually an unusual way to go about building a den, but Gamba knew that the bush would probably make a good spot. After the space was sufficient, He walked over to the lake and scooped up some of the mud in one paw, before slowly proceeding back and packing it up against the size, careful to make sure that there were no cracks as it dried. It was definitely messy, though, and his fur was quickly turning brown from the work.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Layla walked over to Jali and Sira, just as Taru had left. "Well, are you enjoying the new camp?" asked Sira. Layla nodded. "It seems much better than the old one, lots more shade as well and a bigger water source"

Sira gave an eye glance to Layla that made her get embarrassed. "And, your friend?" Jali said gesturing to Gamba who was making his den. Layla took a glance over her shoulder and back at Jali, she then looked at Sira and knew she had blabbed something, but she wasn't angry with her.

"He seems to be enjoying it from what I can see" Layla said, not saying another word. "I see..." Jali replied. "Well, where are you going to put your den?"

Layla got a clueless expression as she glanced around, seeing not many spots were available due to her lack of work she'd done. "Um... over there" she pointed to a spot of brush under a tree that dipped into the lake. It was very sloppy looking and couldn't possibly make a good den. Jali almost cringed at the thought of sleeping on something like that.

"Are you sure?" he asked.
"I'm sure" she said. Jali and Sira gave each other concerned glances and Layla gave them a farewell as she went to modify hers.

"She's so embarrassed..." Sira said. "I've noticed" said Jali.
"I'm just worried that she'll have a crush on Gamba for years, and be too shy to say anything and then when Gamba finds someone, she'll be heartbroken" Sira replied. Jali sighed. "I'd hate for that to happen to Layla. She's so poor an innocent and lost her entire family to disease, starvation, and hyenas. The last thing she held in her family was her sister and her reaction to that was the worst I'd ever seen someone mourn in the pride" said Jali. "I don't know how she'd handle someone else leaving her. From what I've seen, Gamba has become quite close to her, even outside of the crush, a friendship"

Sira nodded. "I'm going to try to talk her into telling him before things move on her. I'll meet with her the next few weeks and teach her how to get over her shyness, okay?" asked Sira. "Fine by me, just don't disturb Gamba" the king replied. Sira nodded and left, following Layla. Jali glanced over at Gamba, he wasn't too close to them, but he probably could have heard them.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 12:01 am

Gamba, in fact, was oblivious to the conversation that had taken place regarding him. He was incredibly busy trying to build the walls to his den, as well as trying to keep the ones already made from cracking. He was also unaware that a few cubs were now staring at him, and laughing at his appearance. Although he did not notice, he had slowly turned every color of the rainbow. He was covered in reddish-brown mud, as well as the green of mashed leaves. Pollen from nearby flowers had put yellow patches on his fur. In addition, a black butterfly, which had wings with a metallic blue sheen, had now landed on his tail, although it quickly fluttered off after realizing that it had chosen to perch on a living creature. Eventually, though, Gamba backed out to examine his work. After a moment, he shook his head, as though not satisfied with it, and walked back over to the lake to collect more mud.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 12:10 am

Layla was working on her den by the lake, she started to dig, making a reverted dome shape, however when she got to a spot, many of it cracked and fell apart, falling into the lake. "No, no, no, no!!" she yelped as it went away. Too muddy. She sighed and tried moving back a little bit. Sira stood by a bush, watching Layla and Gamba. She would either see if this was the exact time Layla would act, or if she was going to wait for Gamba to leave and she'd got talk to Layla. Or maybe Gamba would notice her next to him up on the muddy slope.
Jali stood watching Sira, interested. Come on... he though. Something happen!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 12:36 am

Gamba heard Layla panicking and looked up, holding a paw full of mud. "Layla, are you having trouble building your den?" He asked, concerned. He did not take the time to consider that he looked silly, coated with the mud as well as all the other substances from the environment around him. He wouldn't have minded, even if he had noticed. Mud, as well as everything else, was easily washed off, although most lions were reluctant to get wet.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 12:52 am

"I-I-I'm fine" she said. She began scrapping around, trying to build it. Jali sighed at watching it. Sira walked up to them both. "I'll help her, go on Gamba" she said then followed up to Layla and told her to follow her down the lake a little bit. They both were walking on the shore. "What is it?" Layla asked. Sira looked over her shoulder to see if anyone was watching. She told Layla to sit and the young lioness obeyed. Sira gave a stern look. "Layla, this is getting ridiculous! You have to tell him!"

"What? Wait, Sira, what I say to the lions I like is none of your business!" Layla added sharply. "I'm not trying to butt in," Sira added. "Really, it's just I care about you and... I'm worried so much that he'll move on and find someone else and you'll have lost your chance forever"

"I, I'm fine, I'll get up to it... eventually..." Layla said glancing at herself in the water. "Why are you so shy around him?"

"I'm worried..."
"Worried about what?" Sira asked. Layla gave a sad face. "I'm worried he won't like me... at least, any more than a friend..."

"Layla, you have to have confidence. I mean, if you really can't tell him yourself, I could deliver a message" Sira added. "No" Layla replied quickly. "No, I have to do it... someday..."
Sira got an exhausted and serious look on her face. "You know what, you're telling him now"

"What?"

"Come on!" she groaned and Layla didn't have much a choice but to follow. She knew that Sira wouldn't show any hostilities toward her, but Sira would find a way to punish Layla--though she wouldn't do it too hard. Sira loved Layla.

"Sira, please! Don't do this! It's so embarrassing!" Layla shouted, almost about to make a run for it. "If you don't tell him now I'll shout it out to the entire pride when I get out here"

Layla didn't want that. She groaned and followed. They both came back to the shore, meeting Gamba. "Gamba, Layla here has something to tell you" Sira said moving aside as Layla stepped forward. Layla felt like she did when she was having the heat-stroke, although this time it was simply embarrassment and nervousness. She felt as though she was going to collapse, she was shaking and sweating.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:10 am

Gamba frowned thoughtfully, "What is it?" He asked, mixing the right amount of water and mud to the consistency that he thought would prevent it from cracking. Layla looked as though she were ill, her legs seemed to be wobbling, and she was panting as though she were tired. Although it couldn't be heatstroke again, because there was a water source close by to prevent that, and she had been collecting mud as well. He held his tongue, but the way she was acting made him feel concerned. As he mixed the mud, a small moth fluttered in and kept trying to land on the clump he was working with. He tried to wave it away, but it kept coming back to land, apparently thirsty, and seeking a drink from the clay. He didn't want to crush it, though, so he supposed he might as well just have to be careful.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 12:44 am

Layla gulped hard. "W-well I-I-I" she began. "Go on" Sira nudged her with a small smile. Layla wasn't mad at Sira, in fact she was a little glad that this was happening, it was for her own good.

"It's just... Gamba... I..." she kept stuttering and gave a glance to Sira for her to help out. "Recently" Sira began. "Layla has been feeling a few things. One of those feelings is directed towards you Gamba" she let Layla finish the rest.

"Since I've met you and found out what you're like and who you are... I... I think I've..." Layla said, unable to spit it all out. It was somehow caught in her throat, she tried to force it out but it was impossible. Sira sighed. "She loves you"

Layla looked over at Gamba. "Yes. I-I do... I wanted to tell you earlier, but I was afraid of what you'd think..." she said. Layla was glad that this was off her chest, she felt very relieved and gave out a sigh of relaxation. But suddenly, something new came into her, even more powerful than her last feeling.

This time she felt as though she had just screwed everything up. What if Gamba didn't like her? She'd be ashamed and probably end up like she did when her sister died. She'd never be able to show her face around Gamba again without dying of embarrassed. Luckily she knew that Gamba wouldn't humiliate her or taunt her about it, which was a comforting thought.

Sira sat on her haunches, waiting for a reply. She was anxious to know what would happen and if Gamba accepted, she'd leave for a while so Layla could voice her feelings on her own.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 1:22 am

Gamba was very quiet for a moment, but it wasn't really because he wanted to be, and silence was torture for everyone. He had to take a pause in order to process what had just occurred. In truth, he had felt the same way towards Layla, but because of a variety of reasons, he kept himself silent. Hiding and concealing his true and innermost feelings had become an art, over the course of his life. If he showed anger at the wrong time, he could cause problems, and the same went for other emotions. He eventually took a breath, to calm the strange feeling rising in his chest that he thought might have been a combination of joy and shock. "Layla, if you had wanted to tell me, you could have." He said, his voice unusually quiet, but not in any way containing a scolding or cruel tone. "You have no need to fear my reaction, for you have made me perhaps the happiest creature alive. You are a beautiful, intelligent, and truly brave lioness, and if I were to reject you, then I would be a fool." Gamba kept control of himself, but his happiness was a quiet thing, and his nose had turned faintly pink, as though he were blushing somewhat. He was also aware that he did not want to look as though he had gone crazy in front of Sira, or perhaps it was just the simple fact that this sort of thing normally didn't involve creatures watching. It was a little uncomfortable, but then again, things like this were supposed to be awkward, weren't they? He supposed perhaps nobody was ever really prepared for this sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 1:28 am

Layla smiled, she blushed at the compliments. Sira smiled as well. "See, I told you" she said. "I'll leave you two alone, if you need me, I'll be in my new den" she said and walked off. Layla walked down the hill, and sat in front of Gamba, with an uncontrollable smile. "Thank you" she replied. "In honesty, I've been shy. I always have been. Sure, I'll talk your leg off but I barely reveal my feelings to anyone but Sira these days. But now there'd be an exception for you. Gamba, you're handsome and kind and all those things too. You helped me when I needed you in the drought, you kept me safe all that time and you're so intelligent" she added.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 2:18 am

Gamba's allowed himself a small smile, but still carefully selected his words, not wanting to say something foolish, "Layla, if I had allowed harm to come to you, or to any creature whom I know has a good heart, then I would never forgive myself. Zanita has taught me that those I fight alongside are brothers, bound by the battle as though related by blood, and that I should treat them as though they were family. She told me to respect females, regardless of what the species considered them to be, and that I should place others before myself, because it is the right thing to do. If a leader cannot be found, then I was told to take charge, and if I have a leader, I should follow him, and believe he knows what is best. I was told to protect the weak and defenseless, and to only take life when it could not be avoided." He allowed himself a breath, "I was raised to believe in a code of honor, and I am only following it. What knowledge I have, it can be taught. It is available to you, and I can show you herb lore, and the things I have learned from others."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 7:07 pm

"I know, I know. And I know you would have done it for anyone, you helping me isn't the entire reason that I'm in love with you. Truthfully I've been in love with you before that... It's just... everything about you and who you are, what you look like, how you act..." she added. She glanced at her paws, in an awkward silence. She tried to come up with things to say. Instead she sighed and glanced back up at him.

"So, what do you think?"

----------------------------------

Sira walked up into the new cave Jali had found, much bigger than the old one and seemed to borrow down into the ground into many caverns. Luckily there weren't any signs of bats since the sun shined into the mouth of the cave most of the time. The cave was very convenient, located on a large hill looking over the camp instead of near the ground where all that could be seen was the things in front. Jali sat licking water from a part of the ground where a puddle had been created. He smiled as Sira walked in. "So how'd it go?" he asked.

"It's done" she said cheerfully. Jali made a look that suggested a raised eyebrow. "What do you mean?"
"It was kinda cruel, but I force Layla to tell Gamba, I told her that if she didn't I'd tell the entire pride about her crush, really, I wouldn't have. But I made it very believable."

Jali sighed. "Sira! That's none of our business!"
"Relax Jali! I had to help Layla, of course, she was too shy to spit it out. But when I started helping her, more came from herself. When it was eventually out, Gamba... I think he accepted. He said that he'd be a fool to reject her"

Jali's eyes widened. "Really? Well, that's great. It's good to know the two of them are happy together. Layla, being so torn from the death of every person in her family, and Gamba being ridiculed and taunted his entire life for something he couldn't even help! I'm glad that they have each other. And honestly, I'm a little more glad for Gamba. I couldn't imagine being treated like him my entire life. But it looks like liefhê finally found its way too them"

Sira nodded. "I'm so happy for her right now, but I'm not going to get too excited, their meeting has only began. I don't know if they'll start a relationship or anything"

Jali nodded. "We'll see and hope for the best..."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:32 pm

Gamba thought for a moment, "I cannot accurately describe myself, Layla, I can only speak of what I believe to be true. However, I can understand that you are more blessed than you might lead yourself to believe. You have great strength, and a kind heart. These two things found in the same individual are rare. One can be very strong, but their heart can be faint and weak, and those with a good heart are unable to help because nobody respects them. You have the ability to do many great things, and others can see it. You should never allow anything to trample you, because you're worth more than that." With this, he shifted a little, "So, with these things being said, I shall ask again. Are you having trouble with your den? If so, then I will gladly help. Mine is finished, for the most part. I just wanted to get rid of some of the smaller cracks. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist on certain things."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Layla looked down at her paws for a moment, she didn't know exactly what his answer was. She didn't hear a no, she didn't hear a yes. Defying thoughts were jammed into her head. What's wrong with me? was the most common. She looked up at him. Her legs were shaking again and she began to feel a little sweaty. Is this one of those "kind rejections?" she thought. If so, she might as well have turned around and took off running. Instead she decided to see his next response. Earlier he said he didn't reject her, but he never gave her a direct yes or no which made her very nervous. She responded with a stutter. "I... I g-guess so..."

-------

Sira sat outside the cave den. She glanced over all of the working lions, feeling nice. Jali joined her, he noticed something over by the lake, so far and near the evening sun so that it was hard to see. "Look" he said. Sira saw Layla with her head down, she first assumed something was wrong. She sighed. "Well... If he just said no to her..."

"More weeping for weeks" Jali finished the sentence, sighing and laying his chin on the ground. "Just like her sister, Dyna was always very shy. But Layla, she's gone on some extreme level. I've never seen anyone in the pride as shy as her, not since we were children. The last person like this was my aunt, but she died of a heart attack"

Sira nodded. "Well, we don't know for sure yet. I'll talk to her when she's done"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pride Days (IC): Hurt
Page 11 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next