Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pride Days (IC): Hurt

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Jali sighed and looked at them. "I had no idea..." He looked at Kyra, realizing he had probably crossed a line. "I'm sorry, I am. I wouldn't have asked if I knew he was your family. That's none of my business. I just... Never would have guessed. Thank you both for letting me know though. When I first saw him I was deeply afraid. He was so big..." Jali thought for a ment with flat ears. He looked at each of them. "That is all I need. You may go then," he said.

"Kyra, could you come with me for a moment?" Asked Var leading her out of the cave. As he pushed through the secretive brush, several large birds flushed out. He hasn't noticed it, but one was a vulture. He led her to a place behind many trees, by coincidence it was the exact place where Gamba had asked for Layla's off-time.

He spoke in a hushed voice, trying to remain hidden. "Kyra, I'm going to meet with Magir outside the camp. I just thought I'd tell you in case I didn't come back..." He paused before he gave a statement that he knew should be said. "And no, you can't come... I don't want to take the chance of this being a trap and you'd be harmed or captured. I couldn't live with myself if I knew I were responsible for something like that. Don't tell anyone where I went. If all goes as planned, I should be back by morning... Goodbye Kyra" he said and without giving her a moment to speak, he leaped off into the bushes and began going on out of the camp. He was heading towards a large pond that he'd seen when he first had arrived near the area outside the camp, far from the camp but not too far.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 1:02 am

Kyra flattened her ears as she watched Var vanish into the night. Instinctively, she had a very bad feeling about this whole situation, like if she wasn't there, someone might hurt Var. It seemed to never occur to him that perhaps it wasn't Kyra who he should worry for, but about himself. For all she knew, Magir was yet another deranged lion who wanted to murder Var, passing it off as suicide. He hadn't even given her a chance to voice her opinion. She knew he was trying to protect her, but who was going to protect him? At first, she felt her heart flutter with panic, but then, as she got an idea, it stopped. Nobody would expect me to come from above, and if anything is hiding in the trees, I have enough experience killing birds and monkeys to send whatever it is flying off at top speed. With this in mind, she darted up the nearest tree trunk, vanishing into the foliage.

Moments later, another, much smaller shape followed up the tree, right behind her. As the tiny figure moved, it made not a single sound, and moved with an agile grace that was unrivaled. Not even a hyena could detect this lion, and Coglon knew his sister needed to be watched, just as much as she watched Var. He was made for stealth, what was found difficult by most, was far from impossible to him.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:45 pm

A thorn tagged at the underside of Var's paw. He stopped abruptly to pluck it out with his teeth and then took off again. He had through the green wilderness, his fur winded with the air and his green eyes were like daggers. He was completely unaware of Kyra and Coglon following him. Lightning seemed to rush through his veins, his intense body swept through the tall grasses so fast that he was merely a blur.

The night air was fresh and clean and the sky was cloudless. The stars above shone down. He stopped when he came out to some plains with a few small ponds scattered all about. He came up to one and looked down in it. The waters twinkled with the twilight.

He growled at the sight of his face, he looked just like his father--Snake. That evil, cruel, and lustful lion. Var's face, aside from his youth and the white streak of a scar under his eye, looked nearly identical to Snake's. Var's mane had grown over the past few weeks and he was proud of how it was turning out.

He slashed the water, distorting the image of himself and his father and turned away. He flexed his massive muscles and stretched before going on.
"Still angry about your father?" a voice cackled from the darkness behind. He swung his body around to find that fiend of a lioness, Magir. Magir was an older lioness from Var's past who had betrayed him when they were ambushed by a clan of family members.

"You heard?" Var said, not surprised.
"I saw sweetheart" Magir corrected.

"What do you want?" he growled. She came around and sat by the waters, right next to him. Var hated her look. Her fur was a strange pale color, dull. In a way, a strange grayish, sand-like color. Her eyes were dark amber. She was sickly skinny, as if starved. Her furry white lips looked normal though, and she had a young-looking pink tongue that could speak a single sentence that would breed a hater. Among her white shaded underbelly, there was much fluff and warm fur. She had a few white scars along her face that described many sad stories to Var. In a way, he had always felt so sorry for her--but in another, he viewed her as deserving of what she got.

"I heard you were around, and I wanted to see you" Magir cooed.
Var growled. "Why? Do you think you can lead me straight into a pack of hybrid family members and then leave me again? I thought you were my friend!"

"I was, and I am." Magir hacked and went on. "I've been watching you for several days now. I must say that your pride has a lot of mercy, to claim you after you and your brothers and father abused so many..."

"...Don't remind me" Var said painfully, partly shocked that she had even said that. In a bit of disbelief of it as well.

"But as I was saying, I want to know how you are doing. Anything going on recently?" she asked. Var thought for a moment before speaking. "Not really." He shut her off. Not taking the risk of her leaking any information. Though he assumed that if there was something to hide, likely Aziza already knew. Her spies were everywhere. He would be willing to tell Magir the names of his friends, for which Aziza would probably find out anyways. But he would not describe them or tell their backstories--simply list them.

"Have any friends?"

"Gamba, Layla, Kyra, and Coglon. The closest ones that is."

"Interesting. A mate perhaps? Something I failed to catch eye of while stalking you?"

"Well not at the moment. I focus my mind on more important things. No doubt in time I plan on having a family, but in the conditions of these days with my insane family... it could never happen. I'd never put anyone into that. Never. Not for anything or anyone."

"Forgive me. How is Jali?" she asked. "The last time I saw him we were cubs."

"The king? He's doing fine I suppose. His mate is Sira. So Jali, how do you know him?" asked Var. Magir spoke gingerly now; she flattened her ears in a way that suggested a sensitive subject.

"Well, many people don't know that Jali and I were once friends. He and his brother Taru used to sneak out to the plains, the place I used to play in when I was a cub. We would always play there together, even as teenagers. That was when Jali got sucked up by his father into prince duties and I never really saw him that much again. So, Sira? They're together? I always suspected he had a thing for her. Sometimes when he went away from the fields, he told me it was prince duties. And one day I followed him when he left and he walked all the way down to that little romantic pond behind the old Ridge Pride camp where nobody ever went. I know I smelled her in the area when I left, so I knew he had to have been meeting her there. I'd also seen her with him many times when the allied prides would meet in the Twilight Gatherings."

"Why does it matter so much to you?" asked Var. "Do you have a crush on him or something?"

"Goodness no. Not Jali" Magir said almost with disgust at the thought.  "Besides I'm too unsightly for a Ridge Pride lion in my current state. Just saying," she said.

"Sunset Pride now" Var corrected.
Magir rolled her eyes. "So many changes..." She thought for a moment and then looked back at him with a wondering gaze. "So this tiglon who is in your pride. Who is he?" asked Magir.

"His name is Gamba. He's Layla's mate."
"Layla?" asked Magir. Var said rolling his eyes. "She's a little uh... easily depressed..."

"Lionesses are a very fragile creature" Magir scowled. "You would never know what it's like... the pressure we're put under. You're just a male. Males are the ones that make it this way..."
He rolled his eyes. "She hasn't gone through that much."

"I suppose there's not much comparison when held up to your history. So, who's this silver lioness you hang out with?" asked Magir.

"That's Kyra. She's my age. She and Gamba have known each other for a while and she's probably my best friend around the pride. Kyra's really nice. She gave me a lot of confidence. And she's really unique too" Var said thinking about the fact that Kyra likes to climb trees. He even thought about telling Magir about it, but figured it would be too risky.

"I see," Magir said lapping up some water from the pond. She looked up at the skyscraping moon and then back at Var. "So she's your best friend. Is there a reason for it?"
"She's nice. I like her. She's a bright, happy person unlike Layla. Seeing her bouncing down the camp with so much joy makes me forget what a cruel world this is and it just fills me up with so much happiness. She helps a lot in times of... terror. Had she not been there for me... I don't know what I would have done, or what I would be doing. She's so encouraging, and happy... I can barely stand people who are easily upset. Sometimes I just want to knock them upside the head and tell them to suck it up--because they've gone through nothing. If they shared my past, then they'd know what pain really is. But until they see that day, they should hold back those tears... If Sunset Pride is just full of depressed lionesses, I'm never gonna find a mate one of these days" he said. "If I ever do find someone like that, I want them to be tough, courageous, brave, and above all--joyful."

"Interesting. Speaking of that, you have any likenesses for any of the lionesses there? You ever gonna have cubs Var?"

"Why are you so nosy?" asked Var.

"I'm not nosy, I'm curious. I just want to know what you're like. The last time I saw you, you were just a little cub. I want to know about your future dreams and plans!" said Magir.
"So how are you faring?" Var asked with narrowed eyes. He knew Magir hadn't expected that and was just trying to spy on his life like a drama queen. Magir made circle eyes and then mumbled.

"I'm fine..." she said as her eyes zipped to looking at the ground next to her or somewhere she was trying to look at behind her yet didn't turn her head. "That's it? I gave you all that and you won't give me any more?" asked Var.

Magir rolled her eyes.  "There's nothing about me you need to know dear. Trust me."
"I know that you were friends with my father, don't lie," Var said. Magir got a guilty face. "I was, back when I was actually still attractive. I didn't like what he did to everyone, that's when I ran away."

"Why would you run away just because of that? It doesn't make sense to me."
Magir made a slightly angered face. "It's none of your business Var! Goodbye!" she huffed and then strolled past him and almost into the woods. He wondered what that was all about. He growled. "Magir! Get back here this instant!"

He heard no response and growled. He took off after her, not going to let her escape. It was only a matter of seconds away from they were standing. Magir, upon seeing him speeding after her, screamed and began running. Var leaped high in the air and pinned her down with a tackle and dragged her back to the pond. Var growled. "Magir, I don't like it when people don't answer my questions..."

Magir scowled. "You're quite the pain in the rump Var!" she hissed.
"Why'd you call me out here? Tell me the truth!"
Magir broke down. It looked like she wanted to cry, but she refused to do so. "Because as hard as it is to believe, I might actually like you Var. Since I was exiled you're the only friend I've had."

"What about the rest of my family? Aziza and Nassor and their clan?"
"What are you talking about? They mean absolutely nothing to me! Snake's side of the family is completely insane! I'm just the person that delivers them their wishes. I'm the outsider. I bring them their victims, but only because I have to if I wish to live. Nassor is ruthless. He'd hunt me down and destroy me. And Aziza is even worse. Your father and brothers might be dead Var, but this little ordeal is FAR from over!"

Var scowled but then he grew a bit more understanding. "If you're so afraid of them, why don't you just come to my pride and join us?"

"Jali would never take me in. Especially after my banishment from the old pridelands."
"You were banished by Yellow Pride, Dust Pride, and Crescent Pride, but not Ridge Pride" Var protested. Magir rolled her eyes. "Well I was exiled from the area that those four prides occupied. That giant piece of land. I have to travel all the way out here to Ethiopia just to get a small distance away from that place."

"Jali will forgive you."
Magir narrowed her eyes. "If I am chased away... I'm going to give Nassor and Aziza direct instructions on how to find you."

Var's own face tightened into a snarl. "Deal."

He got off of Magir and she shook the dust off her sickly pale pelt. She flicked him fast in the nose which put a bit of pain on his face. He shook his snout for a minute and then began to lead her back into the camp. They had soon reached the entrance to the camp. Jali was sitting outside the camp. His head was glancing at the ground, he looked like he was looking around for something.

"Ah, Var... Who is this lioness?"
"This is Magir, an old friend of mine. She wants to know if she could join the pride."

Jali's eyes widened. "Magir? Is that really you?" he asked. She nodded. He seemed to be more surprised than anything. "Amazing... Welcome, come on in. I know you good enough to know that you're trustworthy. Just come in, you're accepted."

"That was a long time ago. Are you sure you don't want to evaluate me or something?" asked Magir.

"It'll be fine. Come on, let's get a den for you."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:20 pm

Kyra waited in the tree, long after Var and Magir had left. Her ears flattened, and she lay stretched out on the thick branch, in mimicry of a leopardess, silently pondering what she had overheard. Regardless of what Var thought, one thing that Magir forgot to mention, was that females had a natural sixth sense that warned them about danger. Right now, in regards to Magir herself, Kyra saw many different signs that evidenced she wasn't fully sure she should trust her. Kyra felt slightly guilty for spying on Var, but only slightly. If Var wanted Kyra to be his voice of reason, then she would be his voice of reason, regardless if he wanted her to or not. However, there was the simple fact that spying wasn't exactly seen as the right thing to do. If something happened, and Kyra told someone about this, Var would be furious at her, and as strong as she seemed, Kyra didn't know if she would be able to bear that.

At the same time, the silver lioness felt her heart singing. He really thought all those wonderful things about her? He didn't see the way she acted as wrong, odd, or unlike a normal lioness? It was all so confusing, it was going to take her forever to sort out how she felt. Her thoughts, though, were relatively clear, despite what her heart was telling her. The fact that Magir was asking Var so many questions, and not just about Var himself--but the lions who had been in contact with him--sent off multiple signals that something wasn't quite right. Not just this, but if birds could be used to spy on them, then Magir wouldn't even need to run off to feed information, if she was going to be a snake in the grass.

It seemed that Kyra wouldn't just have to hunt birds for food. She would have to be strategic, from this point on, any bird that was likely to be in league with the Jaglion who controlled what seemed to be an entire network--mostly carrion-eaters and lazier predatory birds--would have to be removed from the situation. Kyra normally did not kill them, for it was bad for the health to eat carrion-eaters. Regardless, she had no qualms killing them if they posed a threat. She had more common sense than some people gave her credit for. She sometimes did reckless things, like spying on Var (She was never going to stop scolding herself for it, now!), but she had enough brains to know strategy.

Coglon looked at Kyra, intellectually viewing the situation his sister was in, feeling somewhere deep in his heart a small twinge of sympathy, against his better judgement. A Lost Lion, with a brilliant, inventive mind, and poor social skills, with little knowledge of how to process emotion properly, he often tried to keep himself detached, for his own sake. He was for the most part apathetic regarding Magir and Var, he was friends with Var, at least, he thought he was, he still felt slightly disconnected from the concept of friendship with that individual. Kyra, though, was his sister, and he could not separate himself completely from his affections for someone who was so close. However, because he was still rather clear-minded, he was more aware of Kyra's emotions than his sister was aware of them herself.

Coglon understood in a logical sense that Kyra probably had feelings for Var, ones she hadn't quite sorted out yet. He could comprehend it, and knew this theory was likely correct, there was enough evidence supporting it. Var was around the same age as his sister, and was found to be physically attractive among females. Var had what was considered to be good character, and Kyra liked him enough to be considered his best friend, out of all the lions he had listed as friends. It seemed, though, to Coglon, that Var might not even be aware that Kyra felt more towards him than just friendship.

Coglon narrowed his eyes, thinking. He wasn't much younger than Kyra, and younger or not, it was a brother's responsibility to look out for his sister. If Kyra was going to start falling in love with Var, then it was time for her brother to take actions of his own. It was time for Coglon to test Var, and see if he truly was worth his sister's affections. The Lost Lion knew better than to trust Kyra to make her own judgements sound. She was already smitten, and that could cloud judgement quite fast.

Backing off of his own tree branch, leaving his sister to her thoughts, Coglon went the wide way around camp, so that he would probably appear on the other side upon his return. It was night, and he had mentioned building a Seasonal Cycle calendar for the Sunset Pride. Of course, it could only be accurately built at night, according to the position of the moon. It was late, and upon finding a stone that could have been around a foot in diameter, and two feet high, an odd, sagging pillar, he knew it was perfect, having a slanted side that was flat. It was also the only thing he could move by himself. As he began to push it, rolling it to the camp, grunting and heaving with the effort, he knew he would be convincing.

Soon, he came into camp, making a not-so-false show of how tired he looked trying to move the stone into the place he had noted earlier for the calendar. Magir would already have her den, and Coglon would have to feign not knowing her. This was not an issue, as his apathetic personality made him easily the best liar in Sunset pride. He didn't say anything, and kept struggling, until he finally pushed the stone and raised it in the spot where the current Seasonal cycle was supposed to go. Nobody else could be sure what he was doing, moving stones, when he was abnormally small, not because he was born premature, but because he had been a runt. However, it was hard not to worry, because Coglon's small size came with his amazing youthful appearance, he resembled a cub, with only a single long lock of black fur on top of his head, and no true mane.

After catching his breath, he sighed, shaking his head, and then having to smooth the lock of his black fur away from his eyes. "Okay...one down...eleven to go..." He said it with a sigh, half fake, but not completely untrue. This would take forever, truly, without help, and he needed it. If he was going to test Var, the first thing he needed to do was see if Var was willing to help out his friend's little brother. For Coglon, pushing stones of this size was extremely hard, but for an extremely muscular lion like Var, it was extremely easy.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:14 am

Var had already been watching Coglon with a tilted and confused head. He spotted Magir sitting in a den with both Jali and Sira talking to her. He went on to talk to Coglon. "Hey Coglon. You need any help? Eleven sounds like a lot. I could help. What are you doing anyways?" he asked, predicting that he`d witness another one of Coglon`s brilliances
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:42 am

Coglon looked up at Var, "I am constructing that Seasonal Calendar that I promised I would design for Jali. It relies on the phases and movements of the moon to be accurate, so during the day I selected a spot where I could place it. I can only work on this project at night, because I need to see where the moon is for me to position the rocks properly. I could spend valuable time marking them with the appropriate symbols, but I have my paws full already with just trying to locate stones the right size and then moving them." This was in no way a lie, it was completely true that the proper construction of a Lunar Calendar called for being able to determine the current time of year in your head, and then designing the structure so that it functioned properly. He flicked his tail, and looked at the stone he had just put up, thinking. First part of the test, passed, Var was willing to help out.

He turned back to Var, "You see, I must gather more stones of a shape similar to this one here," He nodded at the first stone, "Preferably if they have one flat side, it makes it much easier for me to carve the runes. Yes, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in this endeavor. It is very hard for me to move these, I suspect they are either greater than or equal to myself in weight." For someone so small, Coglon's genius vocabulary was obvious. Kyra had once joked that she needed a translator to fully understand what his schemes were. Typically, though, Kyra was less adept at understanding wordy speech than others. Her understanding seemed to come through visual learning, or through doing something herself. It was quite bad, for she was often the only one who wanted to hear about what he was doing, rather than just merely observe.

Gamba had been walking slowly back to the grove where Layla was. When he got back, he lovingly greeted her with a lick to the side of her snout. It was then that he noticed something, he straightened for a moment, his nose twitching as he took in the odd scent. It took him a moment to realize that the odd scent was coming from Layla herself. It was so faint, so subtle a change, that only a skilled nose, specifically trained to detect changes in living things, could pick it out. Even then, so soon ago had the change started, that only one who vividly remembered every small detail of Layla's scent would notice. As her mate, Gamba was the only creature who met both criteria.

His eyes widened with joy, and again, he licked her muzzle. "Layla," He began, "Your scent is starting to change. You are pregnant!" At first, there had been no true indication, but now that her scent was starting to alter, it was official.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Layla's eyes widened with her ears pricking up. Her mouth formed the biggest drop-jaw smile she'd ever made. She wanted to jump up and spin around but figured it was to risky. She did however sit up next to her mate.

"Gamba this is amazing!" She said. She gave him a set of her own 'kisses' and laid her head on his shoulder. "I can't wait" she added. She began to notice a change in her own emotions. Through Gamba, she was growing stronger, she was growing happier and felt at peace. He helped her realize the world wasn't the dark and evil place foretold by do many. She imagined a cloak of protection around the two if them, a shield of mist and clouds all around that formed mystical walls.

An idea sparked. "Oh! I was going to ask you, what should we name them? I was thinking for a girl, if we were to have one--Kakra. Do you have any ideas?"

------------------------------

Var nodded and had already found a good sized rock by a patch of brambles. He picked it up and slid it to a spot where he'd form a pile. It was decently shaped and looked similar to Coglon's rock. Soon as he travelled not far into a group of trees he brought back a few more rocks, some of them were rounder and would probably roll away. He folded his paw into a fist and gave strong pounds to side of the rocks. It shaped them as well as broke away and shattered unwanted shapes. He did this many times to each rock he found and eventually ha eleven and put them in a pile awaiting Coglon's instructions.

For a moment the thought of Kyra blissfully came into his mind. Then he wondered her location. "So where's your sister at? Is she out hunting or asleep or something?" He hoped that she was asleep. He began picturing her at the paws of Aziza and her clan, being tortured and tormented. And he knew that Aziza would probably kidnap Kyra if she sensed the two had a deep enough relationship, in an attempt to lure Var out of protected grounds. With his family running around in Sunset Pride territory, he feared the worst if Kyra had gone out to hunt. His facial expression probably told everyone who looked at him that he was worried about her. It was obvious she was in his mind.

--------------------------------

After Mabel had made her den and Shebla bid her goodnight, she went back to her own den which was connected to the immense medical den which was filled with 'tables' made of stumps and piled trees which held herbs and other equipment used to treat wounds. Shebla passed Kamuzu who was drinking from the lake which was also connected to the medical den in case of a wound that required treatment with water. It also helped with sickness for water was also a great way to wash things down or out.

She felt so sorry for the old, crippled medical lion. Kamuzu had no tail--or half of one at least. He was blind in his left eye which looked almost completely white. His mane was long and gray and like Mabel, arthritis and other plagues of age sunk deep into him. Shebla as a trained medical lioness could tell very clearly that his time was short.

"Kamuzu, do you need my help?" She asked offering to help the elder back to his bed.

"No, I'm fine Shebla. Thank you though" he replied. Shebla frowned. "Um... Okay. If you need me I'll be in my den" an with those words she sat alone in her den.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 1:08 am

Gamba eyes twinkled with a bright, amber light, "Kakra is a beautiful name, Layla, it is perfect for a girl." He flicked his tail, "Before I forget, there is something I wanted to tell you, more good news. Mabel is now staying with our pride, and is offering her medical services. Because of this, in about three weeks, when you are further along, Mabel will be able to determine exactly how many cubs we are going to have, because they will have heartbeats that are audible. I don't quite know how she does it, but Mabel can identify the number of cubs based on what she hears." Gamba's ears pricked up, "I am glad she decided to take up residence in the Sunset Pride, during a time like this, having my medical teacher here is a wonderful feeling, no one is better than Mabel at what she does." His tail flicked again.

"Now, regarding names," He returned to the previous subject, "I was thinking, if we were to have a boy--Atsu."

-------------

Coglon flicked one ear, but his tail remained still, giving off no indicator as to what he was actually thinking. "Kyra? She is hunting, but you need not worry for her safety, she never hunts on the ground when she is alone. She is likely out looking for Galagos, a kind of small tree-dwelling primate that is nocturnal. They're quite good prey, but extremely elusive, far more so than birds. My sister enjoys testing her skills on such challenging things, it tests her ability to leap between trees and maintain her balance." He allowed himself one, single flick of his tail, "I am glad that you are concerned for her, but do not underestimate Kyra. She has many talents that others are not aware of, she is far more clever than her typical mannerisms would lead many to believe."

He padded over to the first stone, the one he had placed, and then seemed to look around the area for a moment, before going to one side of it, and then slowly dragging a line in the dirt with his paw, going around and then contacting the other side, the result being a large circle in the center of camp, the stone being a mere point on its outer rim. Once he did this, he carefully walked around the circle, careful not to disturb the marks he made in the ground, and at odd intervals, looking up at the sky, moon, and stars, before he drew tiny points, until multiple points were marked, eleven in all, equal to the number of stones. It was clear that these drawings in the dirt were a guide of sorts.

He walked back over to Var, "Now, I have drawn out this guide for you to follow on the ground. At each point on the line, a stone should be placed, the flat side, on which the symbols should be drawn, facing inward towards the center of the circle. Once that is done, we no longer need the guides, and I can carve the proper symbols on each face. I shall even show you how to read the calendar, if you wish, it may be found confusing, by some, but it does work."

Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:40 pm

Var tripped over his words as he was placing the stones. "No, no--no, no, I didn't mean she is weak. In fact I know she is very strong. It's just that you didn't hear our conversation earlier. I have a group of hybrid family members far stronger than anyone else in this entire pride and one of them controls a network of vultures and carrion eaters. If the vultures find Kyra and discover her tree-climbing skill, they'll report it to Zalika who in return will tell the leader of the clan--Aziza. Aziza will begin to train the rest of the family to climb trees like Kyra does... Which would be tragic. I still don't think it's safe for anyone to be alone--especially at night." Var exclaimed as he placed the final rock. "There we go" he added afterwards.

----------------------------

Layla smiled softly. She gave out a soft hum. "It's perfect!Atsu... Perfect for a boy!" She proclaimed. She gave a thought and a moment's pause before speaking again. "It's good that we now have Mabel. She'll be able to fill Kamuzu's place when he... Goes. A few weeks before you arrived, the pride's Seeress, Ramla--the one who delivers us the messages the spirits send, said that the spirits were telling her that his time was short... I feel sorry for him, he's had a lot of rough experiences with those twoleggers" she said hinting the humans.

------------------------------

A large bird fashioned of feathers of the night landed on a branch. It smiled balefully to Aziza. As it repeated everything it had overheard, Aziza's eyes widened with utmost interest. She seemed most interested in the white lion.

"Ammon... The white one, Kyra's father... Fascinating. Kyra is the silver lioness who I presume is Var's greatest friend an ally... Now that I have the information I need, we can make our first move... Nassor! Gather our allies"

It was about half an hour later. A huge mass of flesh slithered through the tall grasses and strode faded stripes. Her leopon mate stalking underneath the sea of green closely behind. A tiny little cannibal stepped with cautious paws at Nassor's heals. And a jaglion was trudging far behind. There were other shapes in the grass. Huge, muscular hyenas that were obviously not members of the family surrounded ever piece of grass that passed. Aziza who was leading them stopped as they came near the forests that bordered Sunset Pride. She stopped in a gap directly under the limbs that Kyra was perched in. She sniffed. "I smell something..." She told Nassor. Nassor waved her down. "Probably just the scent barriers tapping in" he reassured her. She nodded.

"Right! Hyenas! Remember that this is NOT an attack--yet... You are to remain hidden until my command. I realize that you don't like taking orders--your old queen, Scar was corrupt and gave you too many--but you must be aware that if you seek revenge on her with my power in your hands, you will do what little things I ask of you--and unlike Scar, I will kill those who rebel from me..." She looked to Nassor, Cyla, an the jaglion who was in the shadows, unable for Kyra to see.

"First we must find Var and Kyra. If Var refuses to bend to our will and complete our prophecy, we shall kill Kyra--judging from what we've observed of him, he cares for her quite much. And not even her father will be able to save her when she's surrounded by so many enemies... Is Kavis ready?"

Nassor nodded. "He and the Witchdoctors are on their way."

"Good. We shall follow Magir's scent trail. That lousy lioness, too stupid to wipe away her trail... Now let's go!" And immediately a million shadows and shapes had passes underneath Kyra.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:08 am

Kyra's ears pricked up, and she quickly shot along the thick branches of the trees above the hyenas, moving far faster on their great limbs, and going over obstacles that hindered enemy progress. She moved far quicker than the hyenas, and with so many footsteps below, none could hear her own movements and recognize them as anything more than perhaps a monkey in the foliage. None saw her, and none knew that she was already far ahead of them. She got to camp, long enough before that knowledge of what she had heard would be able to warn the Sunset Pride of their impending attack. Var's family had made a grave mistake, and that was believing that Kyra was an ignorant lioness, which some were led to believe due to her general behavior. Even Coglon had many times mentioned she was far more clever than she seemed.

Rapidly descending the tree trunk, Coglon noticed her first, and immediately knew she found something wrong, but did not seem to panic, as though he knew she would be worried. She then walked up to Var. She knew he would probably be angry, but this didn't matter. "Var!" Her voice was a harsh whisper, and it was clear she didn't want anyone to hear. Her tail flicked, and her blue eyes gleamed like flashes of lightning, uncharacteristically cold and focused, more like Coglon's, if he were to plot a trap for some prey to fall into, helpless. "Come with me to Jali's den, now." This was all she said, before she ran off to Jali's cave. She wasn't acting in a normal manner, clearly, and she stuck her head into Jali's den, hissing, "Jali, Sira!" In a sharp voice, one that would wake them, if they had been asleep. By this time, Jali and Coglon would have followed behind her, if they had listened to her unusually harsh voice.

"Jali, we are about to be attacked," She hissed, her eyes still glinting like flecks of ice, "Var's family, I was in the trees, I saw them, they know everything, the Liger, the Leopon, and the cannibal lioness, they have built an army of hyenas, traitors to Scar's leadership, they are surrounding the camp! They are bringing the two hyena witchdoctors, as well. We are in grave danger, and they are targeting me and Var, they want to capture me and they plan to kill me if Var does not do what they say! I heard, I saw, all of it, from the trees!" Her tail flicked, and she could not stop a battle-ready snarl from crossing her features. She was a beautiful lioness, but with these expressions, she looked as though she could encase her foe in a glacier with just a precise look, her gaze was wild, but clever.

--------------

Coglon, having gone to the edge of the cave along with Var, and hearing Kyra's words, turned to Var, his face still emotionless, but his tail going completely still, and stiffening slightly. His lock of black fur fell in front of one eye, but he did not push it out of his face, this time. Like this, one realized how shifty Coglon looked, half of his face obscured. The one half they could see, his eye was apathetic, and pale, surrounded by a dark mask. He was small, but when he did not make it so his whole face could be seen, he looked unbelievably dangerous. He unsheathed his claws, but none could see, for the unusually long, razor-sharp quality that made lions like him the perfect assassin, were completely concealed under the long dark fur that covered his small paws. Lions from his clan had front claws that were impossibly long, they could slit a jugular vein with a single, even poorly-aimed sweep, but none would even know they meant harm. Even in plain sight, Darkstalk Clan lions had been greatly feared, especially if a female was sent to another pride's clan in a feigned peace agreement. She never bore cubs, because of secret herbs she ate, so blood was never given, as they promised. She merely stayed, until she got close enough to a King, and then she would kill him, along with anyone else that had any place of authority.

Coglon turned to Var, "I suppose this is the family you so greatly fear might endanger Kyra's safety." He did not do anything, he was completely void of any bodily language, and even his gaze was not readable, "My sister is now in danger, regardless if you wish it or not, because she is your friend, and you are too easily read. If you are to protect her, you cannot show any language at all, other than the words you speak. A warrior, or one born to be the perfect assassin, as I was, cannot give away his motives through nonverbal communication, which can be done unconsciously. Do you think I do not observe everything you do, every little twitch of your ears and tail? Even one who is poor at reading, can see what you think. You must not allow your mind do be clouded, you must think clearly, and outwit your foes."

Coglon allowed himself a single twitch of his ear, a small signal to be read, to show that he was about to honestly say something, "Var, you must know, I was lying, when I said Kyra was hunting. She was following you, and I in turn followed and spied on her. You parted too easily with knowledge, important knowledge that can be used as a weapon against you. They are likely following this Magir's scent, as when you left, she did not think to cover her trail. You betrayed having knowledge about Ammon, about Gamba, Kyra, and even me." He flicked his tail slightly, and returned to being unreadable, but possibly, for one moment, a flash of cold rage shone in his eyes, "We will soon be attacked, and when we are, you are a target. You cannot allow yourself a single error, or horrible results will follow. You must learn to be precise, catch your foes unaware, as I have always outwitted mine."

It seemed both Kyra and Coglon had instantly changed. Kyra had transformed from a kind, optimistic, and silly lioness into a fierce female warrior, one who looked prepared to savagely destroy anyone who dared challenge her. Coglon, who at first had been kind and sweet, even perhaps understanding, had been angered by the needless endangerment of his family and friends, the few he had managed to develop compassion for. His anger, though, was the opposite of Kyra's. It was not savage and overwhelming. It was silent, frigid, and menacing, as though he had transformed from a cub into a hissing viper, one that could kill in a single, lightning strike with a flash of his fangs or claws. Clan lions had fighting bred into their blood, Kyra was meant to be a warrior, and Coglon an assassin. Though they had escaped pure insanity, neither escaped the instinct in their blood, and Coglon, his mind was not completely unscathed, for the unnatural lack of empathy he seemed to suddenly possess.

--------------------

Ammon caught a scent drifting on the breeze, and his eyes narrowed, the beginnings of a snarl creeping up on his snout, as he slowly rose to his paws from where he had been laying. Standing atop a large, flat grey boulder, somehow polished smooth, like a stone from a river, he lifted his snout, more carefully analyzing what he detected. Hyenas, ones he knew did not belong to the Nightstone Clan, the followers of Gamba's adoptive mother. They were somewhere, the scent was faint, distant, but fresh. Ammon had been hiding just within the Sunset Pride's northern border, and the scent came from the west, rather than the east. No, not Zanita's clan at all, for they were from the east.

He tensed, his dark black eyes flashing with something, but not readable, rage, concern, one could not say. Hyenas were threatening the Sunset Pride. Hyenas were threatening the pride of Kyra, and now, his adoptive son. They threatened Gamba, and Layla, along with the cubs he knew they were trying to have, as this could be the only reason they did not stay within the camp itself. With hope, they would be ignored, but Ammon could not be sure. Ammon was Gamba's rival, but he wished death on no one unless they truly deserved it.

Leaping off the boulder with an ethereal grace, one only a phantom could possess, he slowly padded into the trees, drawing nearer to the Sunset Pride camp. He was not an enemy, but he would not mind at times, being an ally.

----------------------

Gamba was about to reply, when a scent drifting from the north caught his attention, he rose, scenting the air. His ears pricked back, but not flattened. "Strange..." He murmured. Ammon's scent, but it was not heading towards him and Layla. It was heading towards camp.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Fk

Jali didn't even respond verbally but had ran past Kyra after she mentioned the impending attack and woke up Taru from his den behind the hill. They began rallying the warriors and guards and Jali was shouting for mothers and their cubs to hide in the royal cave. Sira sat on a large rock I the cave and watched the secret crevice near the very back of the chamber.

Var's ears dropped to the minimal and his eyes turned grave. "I... I never meant to betray you... I... I don't mean to blame the king, but Jali is the one who made u spill information on Ammon... The rest was me." He thought for a moment and after overhearing Kyra mention the Witchdoctors, he jumped up next to her.

"Kyra... I know that you are very strong, probably far stronger than any lioness here... But there are certain people you must avoid fighting--some of them you'll stand zero chance against..." He thought for a brief instant.

"There are two hyenas named Neith and Drey. They are the Witchdoctors. They have darker fur, kinda like Zanita's but oddly have lighter shades near the shoulders. They are huge and I shall always believe they have the power of the spirits in their hands... If they arrive, nobody that fights them will live. They must be stopped by a force of nature or of someone of equal power... And they will likely be traveling with Kavis... He has a plan that involves me, though I've never really known what it is. He spoke of some sort of prophecy last time we met... He wants me and if you try to fight him--he will kill you without relent... Keep far from Aziza and her mate Nassor--for they may be older, but they are still strong. Go for the hyenas... The jaglion is too stealthy, fast, and she seems to become one with the shadows... Again I do not underestimate you--but they are too much for even me... I'm sorry I brought this on you. And Coglon has told me that you followed me and I can see that you would think I am angry--but I am not. I am more than happy--I could never be mad at you for caring about me, if that is in fact what you followed me for. Kyra I have decided... I may leave the pride. I can't be held responsible for a war, for a horrendous battle that will no doubt result in many deaths..."

Var thought for a moment and looked at Kyra. "I must go..." He left her and began walking down the "steps" formed by the flat rocks protruding from the side of the hill. The sky gave a few gentle and soft rolls of thunder and a small flicker of light in the horizon as soft and light rain began to fall. Var smelled Ammon even with the oncoming rain and it fueled him with nervousness. As he pondered he began to recognize new feelings. He smelled the scent of his enemies--it was horrid. Aziza's clan and the new hyenas smelled like a powerful mix of rotten, decaying flesh, urine, dung, and the stench of disease.

"King Jali! King Jali!" Shouted a voice from the darkness. Jali readied into attack position and so did the warriors as a bloody, mauled hyena scampered out into the camp. Taru charged but as it squealed the king ordered everyone to hold back.

"Jali! It's me! Feth, Scar's mate. Remember?" He asked.

"Yes! What is it?" Jali asked.

"There's been a rebellion! A monster came into the clan and turned everyone against each other! It was destroyed! Smother Klan is dead! The ones that supported Scar were scattered all over your territory!"

"What happened to Scar?!" Jali asked.

"She and the cubs had to hide out in a place I found for them... It's as good as I can do!" He coughed up blood.

"Scar had her cubs!?"

Feth nodded and gave out a whimper. "A tiny little lioness came into the camp during the chaos of the rebellion and managed to eat one of our cubs... Scaf chased it off... There are two hyenas coming that are renown all over Eritrea and Somalia as The Witchdoctors and the spirits are helping them!"

Ramla had already emerged from her orchard far back in the forest. She was a young and beautiful lioness but both of her eyes were silver with blindness. She could see slight shapes, but always required assistance. Shebla was helping her navigate.

"It's true! The spirits are angry with us!" She pleaded.

"Why?! What have we done other than save lives and take in the needy!"

Ramla spoke. "Star did something long ago that angered the spirits... He was said to have possessed an object called the Sivoka. It was a sacred stone scent straight from the Spirit World, forged on their Eternal Mountain by Synthel, the Spirit of Sights, Omens, and Elements of the Supernatural. He sent the stone down here to help save us since the evil spirit named Dalmaa has been stirring up destruction. Dalmaa's name literally means darkness and he takes the shape of a leopard but colored black with eyes painted with blood. He plans to destroy everyone which would be like spitting in the face of the other creators of the world. Anyways, the stone was sent to be retrieved by The Chosen One, someone chosen in a prophecy and said to restore peace to the world. Though I have never had any prophecy of the sort... Star thought he'd be alright for the job and in return the stone cursed him an made him die in a battle the next week. The stone was lost and carried to Ethiopia by ravens and it was said to be somewhere very close..." She said.

"The Sivoka? I knew there was a sacred stone... And I may know who could tell us where it is... But I had no idea that my dad took it... Who could we return it to? You perhaps?" Jali asked.

"We'd have to take it to the Talon, the place in the Okavongu where I lost my vision and had achieved my dream of becoming a Seeress... It's the place suggested to be closest to the Spirits--well not true. The closest place would be in the deepest depths of the world under the ground... For where there is darkness there will always be light. Above ground, the Talon is the best bet. But if you're not going there to become a Seeress, there will be one large and very tragic price..."

"Such as?" Jali said with a slight tremble.

"Life I would assume. One may die or become injured or ill. Something terrible... But it is the only way to stop the terror..."

Suddenly cackling emerged from the forest as the snakes forms of Aziza and her clan drew forth in the soft rain.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:45 pm

A hidden snake nearly got close enough to be within striking range of Jali, before a massive paw stomped down on it, cracking the fragile bones that connected its body to the base of the skull. The only power snakes truly possessed, wise warriors and medical lionesses alike knew, was their powerful venom, and silence. A snake itself, without venom, was nothing, and its body was fragile, the creature easily killed by even the weakest of predators. In this case, it was none other than Ammon who had somehow managed to arrive unnoticed, despite his great size. At the same time, with the army of snakes suddenly invading, nobody would probably notice anything short of a large group of humans rushing in, screaming and throwing spears. "Dare I ask why the scent of hyenas has changed so suddenly to snakes?" He growled, as he once more crushed yet another snake. He tread lightly on his paws, his tail raised, and his ears swiveling in various directions, listening for any suspicious sounds other than the rain. Some snakes could slither very quickly, but these, having appeared in such a way as to seem a plague, moved slowly, taking their time. Ammon would not permit himself to be intimidated by legless lizards, especially knowing how fragile they were. Nothing truly frightened the white lion, and that included strange events such as these.

Coglon had little to no trouble detecting snakes, swiftly killing three. Although his form was far from graceful, as Ammon's was, it was perhaps even more effective. Coglon didn't feel fear as an emotion, but in a logical sense, he knew he was in danger, and it showed. He bared his teeth in a sneer, his pale eyes flashing with a dark light. "Father, what are you doing here!?" He growled, his voice like slivers of ice, and his eyes mimicking the same cold that seemed to fill the gaze of the snakes. He found himself moving in an awkward dance around Kyra, and then around the mouth of Jali's cave, barring entry for the slithering reptiles as they came forth. "Then this sacred stone must be found. However, if you need to find it, then you cannot just send any stranger. It must be this chosen one, or it will merely renew this curse that you claim we already suffer." His voice came in a silent hiss.

Kyra bared her teeth in a grimace and jumped nervously away from snakes that got too close, trying to look fierce, but growing frightened rapidly. She hated snakes, that look in their eyes, it reminded her of the same, soulless look that Coglon sometimes seemed to have when he was angry. It did not help that she felt like crying, and was trying to contain such deep, inner sorrow in her heart. She felt like it was breaking, trying to contain all the pain that it ached with. Why would Var think leaving was right? As she timidly moved further away from the attackers, tears started to stream from her face, but she made no sound. Anger, frustration, and sadness mingled across her features, and she wondered if she would die. Why?

-------------

When Var was far enough from the Sunset Pride's camp that he had passed through its eastern border, he was forced to stop by a single, lone figure that stepped out of the trees and into his path. She was a hyena, gigantic, and black as night, no discoloration that could allow her to be mistaken for the witchdoctors the lion feared. In comparison to the attackers of Sunset Pride, this hyena smelled clean and healthy, her fur having a sweet smell to it, like herbs and flowers, and her pelt gleamed, with the sleekness that only came with careful grooming. It was none other than Zanita, Gamba's adoptive mother, and the Leader of the Nightstone Clan. She had stopped Var, and slowly walked up to him, her face calm and composed, in contrast to the anxiety the lion displayed. He already knew her face, for he had encountered her the same day he had gone hunting with Kyra, and revealed that the Nightstone Clan and the Sunset Pride had settled so close to one another. It was the day Zanita had spoken to Layla about the possibility of cubs, and the day that Zanita had told her daughter to bring her cubs to visit, when they were old enough.

Zanita knew Var was running from something, it was clear to her, and even if he had hidden what he felt, she would have known. She was old, and she had ways of knowing, for she was wise, kind, and just. "Why are you running, Var?" She asked him, her voice calm and serene. As she spoke, the clouds in the sky parted in just one place, where the moon was, and its bright glow cast a light over the two of them.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Var's ears dropped to the minimal and in the moonlight it had been revealed that he had been crying, tears were simply everywhere--crawling down his face in every spot. His eyes were bloodshot with the reddened blades of sadness. He sobbed.

"My family and their newly organized army is attacking Sunset Pride. They're looking for me. When they find that I am nowhere to be found... They will leave and not harm as many--they may take Shebla, but they will be looking for me... You may have smelled the rotting smell moving across the plains, there is a dark and deathly curse on Sunset Pride and I refuse to inflame it any more..." He switched to knew thoughts and as he thought of something new, he let out a deep and horrid sob.

"And... And Kyra! I love her so much... I never truly realized it until tonight... And I can't put her through this--because Aziza and Nassor and the few family members around them are not the only ones--Snake's family is vast and enormous... And there are so many more over in Somalia, in the Badlands..." Var thought for a moment.

"I have a rule for myself--if I really love Kyra, I'll draw my family as far away from her as possible and keep it that way... But even now I feel like I can't go another inch in front of me without her..." Var's mane became wet and dripped drops of water drop by drop and the rain became heavier. Mud swallowed up around his paws am slushed between his toes. He smashes a snake that had slithered up next to him and another.

"Zanita... My family is destroying everything... And I betrayed them... I told so much to Magir, I spilled so much when Jali questioned us about Ammon..."

Var thought for a moment. His ears pricked up. "I... I can't do this... I can't bear to be without Kyra... I have an idea... Zanita, would you be willing to help us fight off the Smother Klan rebels and my family? Would you bring warriors from your clan over here?"

--------------------------

Aziza smashed many snakes slithering to her. "The spirit of Snake is aiding us in our fight! Keep yourselves alive and fight!" She shouted. "He is merciless even to us!"

Jali looked to Ammon with an astonished light in his eyes reflected by the moonlight. "Ammon, help us..."

Nassor had already pinned Taru down and was raking his face. The hyenas were spreading everywhere and Jali was already sending forces to fight off the humans as much as they could.

Jali somehow stood still, his world being destroyed around him, his head slowly spun around glancing at the destruction and he stopped as his vision fell into a patch of bushes. There was a flicker of lightning and a sharp roll of thunder and within it he could have sworn he saw the brief shape of a creature standing in the bushes, visible ever so. It had long black fur and terrifying red eyes--no mane and seemingly leopard resemblance.

"When the Darkness closes in... Standing still time may be... Till twilight sanity stands, but after its opposite arises. Thorn by thorn and twig by twig... Kings shall rise and kings shall fall--for biding blood, that nectar of life--doubting yourself as you see you yourself fail... Your time to fall--be it now..."

The voice that emerged was dark and deep, by far it was the most sinister thing Jali ha ever heard and it scared him to no end.

"No... Never..." He spoke and the shadow had gone.

Ramla began screaming as Shebla rushed her to the royal cave, but it wasn't because of the attack--she was looking at the bushes where Jali had seen the creature and he noticed her. It made him shake.

"Come on!" Shebla rushed her away. He could tell she had seen something... But how? She was blind! Jali began to question his own sanity. Though he noticed that he and Ramla were the only ones that saw the creature.

"Jali! What are you doing?! Help us!" Taru was screeching. Aziza cackled as she approached Jali and Ammon, not fearing them as she had equal strength to both of them an with so many allies had little to give worry to.

"Hello there my king and my little snowy friend" she gave a hoarse, old cackled with a hacking in the back of her throat.

"Why are you doing this Aziza?! What could you possibly hope to achieve?"

"Every family has its prophecy..." Aziza fleered. Fenuku ha come out and stood next to them, he listened.

"The Witchdoctors foretold of a day when Snake's dynasty ruled all of the world..."

"Var is the only one of his descendency left and will refuse this!" Jali shouted.

"Pah!" Aziza laughed. "You honestly think I want Var? He's just going to lead me to my true goal! And did you honestly think that all of Snake's descendants were the males? How ignorant and sexist of you Jali! No! Snake had many daughters that he rejected and tossed away because he viewed females to be inferior in strength and unfitting to be members of his family gang. There are sisters... We are searching for them. When we find them, one shall become the mate of Kavis--future king of all of these lands! And as they have children, the children will have blood from both Snake and Kavis--true son of King Saber! Then the family bloods shall be tied together and a new gene will be created that will ultimately rule over all of the world!"

"You are insane!" Jali retorted. Also in part disbelief of Aziza's claim.

"I also have many smaller plans... But that is the main idea anyways..."

Fenuku stepped forward. "You foul thing! You know that prophesies only tell what may be, not what will be..."

Aziza scoffed, her face turning from fiendishly amused to angry and darkened. "I see you have an enlightened one in your midst Jali..."

Jali looked at Fenuku. "Fenuku... Layla has little room in her heart for more deaths..." He gave a sharp whisper. The lion nodded but would not back down.

As Kyra had backed away and moved from the main point of battle, a dark and eerie jaglion came out fro the brambles in front of the silver lioness. There was a black vulture on her shoulder. "Go on" she told the bird and it flapped away. Her voice was slippery and like silk, foreboding and scary. It would shake the hearts of warriors, her cold red eyes fit with it in a sinister way. She looked to Kyra after swatting a few snakes away.

Her red eyes seemed to glow as the rest of her body was cast under a shadow by the night, all but her back and the edges of her outline which glowed with the white and blue moonlight.

"Hello Kyra... Yes, I know who you are. I have been watching you for weeks... I am Zalika, the jaglion Var spoke to you about... Var... Such a curious lion. Tattered and torn by his family and selfless... Putting you before him always..." She thought for a moment. A strong and violent flash of lightning displayed her grim facial features in an instant. Her lips were jagged and scarred. She had two or three teeth exposed to the world from it. Scars wrapped around her lower snout--it was signs she had murdered someone with the "Kiss of Death" which was described in many lion legends about the spirits. Suffocating and face-mauling technique that the Seers had proclaimed was not to be used on other lions or similar cats--only on prey. Though the scars from her victim's attempt of resistance shown that she did otherwise.

"I have come to a conclusion based on many observations... Var has developed a very... Deep field of care for you. And you have done the same. And as I watched the two of you part a moment ago, and what Var just did in the forest--reported by my many vassals--I have found a deep sense of feelings stirring between the two of you. Var went off into the forest and sobbed the most I've ever seen--so many tears, like someone had died..." Zalika licked her paws and flicked her tail as a few vultures came out from the bushes. She bent her head down as they whispered into her ear and she nodded before they took off.

"Kyra, you love him... I can tell. He is the love of your life. But he cares about you so much that he refuses to cause the slightest danger to you--because he knows that if you are seen with him, his family won't relent until you are dead." She scratched behind her ear. " Kyra, you cannot continue to keep things bottled up inside... It will destroy your mind and cause poor crisis resolution skills... I have seen it thousands of times. Do you need to talk about it?" Zalika asked.

-----------------------------
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:55 pm

Zanita looked up, briefly, at the moon, and something very odd seemed to happen. Snakes were everywhere, but they began to slither around her and Var, seemingly either ignoring them, or kept from touching them by some powerful force. The hyena leader looked back at the weeping lion, "Var, you have betrayed no one. You are a lion, and no one should expect you to be anything else. No creature is perfect, or without their flaws. We are mortals, our lives small strands in the web of the world, at the mercy of thousands of spiders who may pick them or change them as they please, but only if allowed to do so by other spiders." A dark shadow slowly began to creep across the moon, but it would take some time before the eclipse was complete. It was the first Lunar Eclipse to be seen since Zanita had been born. The shadow would not blot it out yet, but something did happen. The moon shone a brilliant blue color, despite normally being white.

Zanita flicked one ear, before speaking again, "Var, it is true, that the Sunset Pride has been inflicted with a terrible curse, but what you fail to understand, is that for every curse the spirits give the living, they create a way for us to redeem ourselves, and often, the way to redemption is the least-likely path, the one that other spirits will not predict, one so that others may not interfere. Fate is never set in stone, but Destiny is true to itself. For every curse, there is a prophesy, but that prophesy is not made clear, until it has been fulfilled. Var, you are the redemption of the Sunset Pride, and you are the key to saving them. The spirits told me so, and blessed me on the day I was born, with the gift of knowing miracles and signs."

Zanita looked up at the eclipsing moon, "What will happen next, you must believe in miracles, Var, abandon reason, and have faith in the spirits of light, for while the dark spirits seek to destroy us, the light will always be with us, even in the darkest hours. Time is a dragon, rippling and changing, with scales of every color, even ones which we have never seen. Its breath is life and death, light and darkness, change and consistency. Now, that same breath that created the world, the most horrible and wonderful thing of all, sends the spirits of the past, those that followed the Light, to speak to you, and aid you in battle."

She turned to leave, heading back to her camp, and looked over to Var, gesturing for him to follow. "I can help you, but there is so much work to be done, and so little time. Come, quickly, the hour is almost here, the one that will determine so much."

----------------------------------

Ammon growled at the gigantic female, recognizing the blood of a tigeress and a lion. "You think too much of the dark spirits, and are so blind that even a bat sees clearly, compared to you. You have no eyes at all, for where there are shadows, there is light that comes to vanquish the dark." Even as he spoke, new creatures, beautiful and graceful, emerged from the trees, their pure white feathers and long legs and necks, accenting the deadly sharpness of their beaks. Egrets emerged, and began to spear the snakes. They must have come from the stream, which fed into the lake. They had come to help the pride. "My family was horrible to me, but my Mother always protected me, she pulled me from the darkness that I so nearly succumbed to. Even now, she battles with Snake, and Egret is more powerful, for the spirits of the river and air listen to her pleas. She will protect this Pride, because there is good here, despite the curse." It was the first time in many moons that Ammon had spoken the name of his mother.

He flicked his tail, and bared his teeth, as his paw crushed another snake. "You have not won yet." It was perhaps the most spiritual speech that Ammon had ever said, but it seemed to be true.

------------------------

Kyra regarded Zalika for a moment, clearly pondering if it was wise to speak to the jaglion. Finally, after a moment, in which she stomped on a snake to kill it, she spoke. "I love Var, what more can be said, Zalika?" She kept her voice even, past the tears. "He left to protect me, he cares about me just as much as I do about him, but he doesn't realize that I would sacrifice so much to protect him." She lowered her ears, "I don't expect you to understand, but maybe you do. Doesn't everyone want to be loved and cherished? I love Var, and I cherish this bond we share." She looked at her paws, and then back up at Zalika, "I care about Var, and that is why I must not die. He gives me strength, and I will give him strength, also." Her tears dried, and her gaze hardened in determination.

"If you came to kill me, then try to do so, but if not, tell me that despite what you might have done in the past, that you can still show mercy and kindness." Kyra's muscles coiled, ready to spring, should Zalika be preparing to attack her.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 pm

Var continued to follow Zanita into the woods fearing the eclipse above like it was about to strike him. He had never seen one before and knew that it meant something...

Meanwhile Aziza laughed, tormentingly. Her crimson eyes beat down onto her opponents like pockets of fire. She cackled with a hoarse gargle in the back of her throat. Washing the gunk out she hacked and spit it into the ground in front of Ammon.

"You're an idiot! From your history I thought you'd at least be a little wiser. Tell me whitey, what happens when someone throws a blanket over that light? All I have to do us get rid of whatever will give you hope..." Aziza smiled. "Your mother may be battling Snake, but I assure you he'll win... He simply must strike down your little birdies..." She looked to the skies where she saw the eclipse an gave a sinister grin.

"Your time is running short Jali! Look, the Eclipse foretold in the prophecy has already began!" She shouted.

"Which prophecy? What eclipse?" Jali shouted. Aziza shook her head. "Where is Var?" She asked.

------------------------

Zalika looked at Kyra skeptically. Her blackish fur was but a silhouette with a glowing blue rim from the moon. Her eyes glared back at Kyra.

"What would I accomplish from killing you? Sweetheart you must realize that not everyone is out to get you..." She sighed and looked at the Eclipse.

"Snake is battling your grandmother. And he intends to win... Kyra, I hope you know that Dalmaa is almost upon us--if you even know who he is..."

Zalika glanced back with a serene look in her eyes. "You see evil in me do you not? Yet I tell you today that there is more to evil than just darkness. Everyone has good in them--whether they see it or not. It is there... And I'm going to tell you now that Var's father is searching for you... Look behind you"

There was a long snake, larger and seemingly thicker than Kyra's entire body. It was black with green eyes and a forked pink tongue flickered from its scaly lips. It sat wrapped around many low hanging tree limbs maliciously and spoke with a soft yet sinister and slithery voice, soaking her soul in dark words.

"Kyra..." it spoke. "Do you know who I am?" it did not allow her time to answer. "I am the spirit of the father of Var... And I have overheard you say you love him..." Snake recoiled.

"I am... Astonished with my son and his foolishness. He betrayed me and took to you and the rest of Sunset Pride... I am jealous... I cannot stand to watch my corrupt son prosper and be happy... He has come to you and soon I know that the both of you will fall in love... I must not let Var pass down his blood into a family an I must not let him have cubs of his own... Kyra, forgive me. It is nothing against you, just business..." the snake made a low hissing sound and lunged forward to strike Kyra, missing the first time but then slithering out from the tree branches and onto the ground.

"Var must not have a family... Must not have a mate... Must not be happy..."

Zalika walked up and onto a large fallen tree and watched the fight that would emerge from a distance and silently cheering on Snake as he struck.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:51 pm

Before Snake could strike at Kyra and harm her, a gigantic beak struck at his neck, forcing the serpent to recoil back sharply. An enormous bird, a pure white egret, just as abnormally large as he, stepped up, with snowy down that seemed to shimmer like stars, eyes dark black, but glittering as though filled with a flame of light. What was strange, was the single, deep red, crimson feather that rested upon the graceful bird's chest, as though it had been struck there, and was bleeding, the scars of a terrible wound. The beak and legs, dark as ebony, were beautiful as well, and the great Egret stood between Kyra and Snake. Have the spirits of evil blotted out the spirits of good that guide the moon, or do the spirits of good simply leave the sky, and go somewhere else? Perhaps they have not fallen, but have merely descended, to walk among the living, for a time. The voice, clearly that of a lioness, came from the Egret, but its beak did not move. The beautiful, harmonious voice of Ammon's mother, a spirit cherished both by the wind and the water, for the form she took represented all the power, serenity, and rage that could be water, and the drifting grace of the wind.

Egret opened her wings, barring Snake from trying to slither around her, You must defeat the spirits of wind and water, before I allow you to harm my granddaughter. It matters not if you wish to prevent your son from having a family, what you do that concerns my family is personal, regardless of what you want or not. You will not harm my son, or my grandchildren, or your own son, whom I accept as he is. To you, he is a terrible thing, but to you, you only have one side of a coin, you know not the other half of the prophesy. Even spirits know not everything, save for those that are very old, and ancient enough to never speak to the world, or even the new spirits. If Snake's voice cloaked the spirit in darkness and vile taint, Egret was the opposite, for every word she spoke seemed to wash tiredness away, and give hope.

Kyra, never losing her personality completely, snapped out of her depression upon seeing the giant bird confront the giant snake. Her jaw dropped, "What in Ethiopia? Okay, I know I should be serious about this, but this is just getting too weird, even for me." With this statement made, there came another, glorious sound, as she heard what seemed to be the laughter of Egret's spirit, coming from the great bird, as though amused, even though the situation was terrible. Kyra flicked her tail, "Hey, I'm supposed to be fighting him, not you!" She felt like she was a cub all over again. This was definitely her grandmother, if she ever knew that she had one in the first place still looking out for her.

We fight Snake and his forces together, dear. I wouldn't force you to stand by idly.

Zanita and Var passed through the Nightshade Forest, and finally reached the camp of the Nightstone Clan, upon which Var witnessed a strange, ethereal sight, as there was nothing earthly about it. In the center of the camp rose an enormous, pillar-like bolder, made of a sleek, shiny black stone, like Onyx. As the moon was covered by shadow, the tip of the pillar, clearly the Nightstone for which the Clan was now named, began to shimmer with a starry light at the tip, glowing brightly. The light spread down towards the ground slowly, and there was a crack in the stone, the entrance to a den.

Zanita let Var watch for a moment, before turning to him, hyenas silently gathering around them, no sounds of greeting were made, as though they had been expecting him to arrive. Perhaps they had known he was coming, all along. "This is the Nightstone, Var, and as you can see, the eclipse is upon us. The spirits are leaving the sky above, and are coming to join the world of mortals, for a time. Within the Nightstone, we may speak to them, but only during the eclipse, it only lasts a few minutes, so we must steal what time we can. Come, we must go inside, we must be there when the moment arrives." With this, she turned and entered through the crack in the stone.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 1:11 am

Snake let out a hiss as he pulled away. "You are a foul and unsightly bird. How many diseases I could guess you have... You know nothing, you know not even the beginning seeds of the prophecy. I know much of what is to come, what challenges the Sunset Pride shall face... you may strike me and I may strike you, but shall it really matter? Both of us be immortal, far beyond damage. You are the old spirit of the girl's grandmother, whose tale I am familiar with. You will end up like all birds, laying cold and dead in the maw of the dire snake slithering in front of you... If I strike you down now, your spirit will live on in the form of your birds--mine ever so in the form of my snakes..."

He hissed. "You fling yourself between I and Kyra, let your granddaughter take a stand and test a spirit... But I will not object to more food in the belly of my servant's body..."

Zalika growled. "You foolish girl!" she shouted at Kyra. "You dare fight Snake's spirit? You're not only messing with him, but the High Spirits themselves! Snake is the one they sent to destroy you and the rest of your clan!"

As Var stepped into the den, his paws trembled. He knew already that he'd see spirits he didn't want to see... his family. On his way in, he could have sworn he saw his father walking next to him in a lion's form... but with writhing bats crawling and shrieking all over him.

"Zanita... you might see things you don't want to see in here" Var said. "I'm sure you may have seen many terrors... but after hearing the prophecy from Ramla... Dalmaa and my father are after me and I know that they will be here tonight... I know my father, but not in spirit form. And I don't know what Dalmaa will bring..."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 11:14 pm

Zanita flicked an ear, "The Nightstone is many things, but within it, lies many of the spirits that serve good cause, our allies, who will viciously protect us from even the strongest of evil forces. Within this place, you shall meet the spirits that will give you strength to deal with the challenges at hand, but we must beware even those who seek to help. Spirit magic can give you the power to seal away your enemies, even if they are no longer mortal, but you must beware, for they may take on many forms, and you may not know what they once were, unless they are to name what they represent. Do not think about the bad things, but rather, reflect on what you are. Do not question what I say, or why you are here, for it was fate that brought you here. It was on a night like this, during a time that spirits intermingled with the mortal world, that I was born. I was born into this world for a cause, and now I will see that I fulfill it."

The light shimmered down the Nightstone, and engulfed it in the energy. Within, the walls of the cavern faded, and with a flash of light, Zanita and Var stood in a different place. They stood among a starry void, feeling the sensation of ground as smooth as glass beneath their paws, but looking down to see nothing, but a vast world, directly below, a bright point of light marking where they were, within the great black pillar of stone. They floated in a space where the two worlds of spirits and mortals overlapped, and yet, they stood there, on nothingness. All about them, space was limitless, and cool, complete silence filling the place, no sound at all, save for the sound of their own breathing. They did not freeze to death, but it was clear, this was not Ethiopia, where they had been sent.

Zanita stood there for a moment, before lifting up her eyes, "Var, look up, they are here." She said. Above them, in the great void, an aurora appeared, shimmering with every shade of green, red, violet, and blue, the dancing of spirits who came to greet them. A part of the aurora dipped down, and touched to the strange, transparent ground they stood on, as strange whispering began to sound, breaking the silence. The aurora separated, and changed shape, expanding, and becoming something gigantic, as it was joined by two others who followed suit as they gained a form. The first spirit took the form of a great serpent, but of this serpent, there was nothing evil. With warm brown scales, and a spread hood, the bright yellow eyes gleamed with kindness. A snake, yes, but this was not Var's father. The second form, grew, and became an enormous Mongoose, with fur that gleamed silver, and eyes that were a bright gold, but seemed to shimmer red slightly when it looked at the serpent spirit. The final spirit to take shape, was that of a gigantic Warthog, with bristles and skin that gleamed like gold. Although none were familiar creatures that lions or hyenas spoke to, they all seemed friendly, even in appearance.

The first to come forward was the Mongoose, who drew himself up to great height, his shimmering silver fur gleaming like the stars in the void, I am Nakul, his disconnected spirit voice drifted, echoing. It seemed to be filled with power, like the pounding of a drum. I am the spirit of the Mongoose, and for ages, I have embodied the mortal foe of all serpents. The mongoose glanced sidelong at the snake beside him. However, even mortal foes can come to a truce, after death, and work for common cause. Your father has been chosen by the spirits of evil to control snakes, and he tarnishes any good that the serpents represent. This is why Naja is here, he represents the good of snakes.

Egret merely laughed, both at Snake, and at the jaglon, both. You know the prophesy, but there are more than one of those, and I have been a spirit far longer than you. Who do you think is stronger, the lowly serpent, or the birds known to kill it? Who is diseased, I, who was murdered at the hands of a dishonest mate, just like you killed so many, or you, who was forced to waste away at the disease of the bats? The egret spread one wingtip, and touched it to Kyra's forehead, a flicker of light coming from the contact. Let her have the power to harm you, first, before you dare touch her, she will give you a fight, and have the power to challenge you. There was a flash of light, and the egret vanished.

Now, something happened to Kyra, as light streamed across her limbs, forming markings about her fur that were pure white, swirling in elegant spirals and lines, like feathers. A single red mark rested over her heart, and Kyra found that she was glowing. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and let it out, opening them, now filled with a twinkling like stars. She looked at Zalika, and then at Snake. "The only one who calls someone a fool, is the real fool. My grandmother has given me strength, and now, I dare challenge the high spirits, because now, I have the power to defy them. I can defeat spirits, and seal them away, for that is the power I have been given, but only if I win the battle, first." A strange aura came from her, as the marks faded. They were not visible, but they were there, undeniably.

She went into a pounce, her tail flicking, "I dare you to strike at me, Snake, you legless reptile! You have chosen a form even more lowly than the lion you once were, and soon, the Prophesy of Hope, a counter to your prophesy, will be put to the test. Let us see which triumphs, for both end differently!"
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 2:12 am

"Legless?" Snake smiled with his reptilian mask. Zalika herself had never seen a snake's face emit emotions like this puppet did. Snake giggled, hissing. His eyes seemed to glow shades and layers of orange and red, with slits of black that seethed into the crimson coals like razors.

"Well we'll just see about that" he cackled. Suddenly small stubs began to form on the sides of Snake's reptilian body that were unlike any of any other creature known in Africa. His core body began to mold and increase in size, growing fatter and with more muscles to support and give the body proportion. Long black spines, spikes, and thorns slithered from the top of the back of the head of the snake and traveled down to the tail which was now tipped with a long rattle that steamed fog to distort Kyra's vision. Now that the stubs had been formed, they extended and elongated into long legs tipped with ferocious feet with long black talons and hard metallic skin. Snake cackled again, his voice seemed unnatural and unearthly. The fog was too thick to see much, but suddenly red eyes blasted through and cleared a bit for Kyra to get an eyeful of the monster.

"My precious little daughter, you have much to fear..." He licked his lips with his long black tongue and squirted a river of yellow toxins from his lips, honey-like in the eyeful but deathly in the mouthful. He'd strike her as well as he could.

Suddenly another form had come up from the rocks. It was tall and colored completely white, it would have been easily mistaken for Ammon himself had it not been for the strange silver aura covering him. The lion had glowing blue eyes that looked like they'd been dipped in the ocean. It was obvious who he was... Star.

"Don't let him bite you! He has the curse!" Star shouted. Snake opened his mouth in a giggle as it was revealed that several bats crawled out and slithered across his snout. Both yellow poison and white froth drizzled down in a fashion most unpleasant.

"Bringing Var down with you!" Snake shouted warped and distorted.

Aziza could hear the shouts of Snake and Kyra and smiled. "Snake is here more than you think Jali!" she said. Jali was beginning to wonder if she was correct. "We are safe! The spirits are with us!"

"They are with you yes.. as in, they occupy the same space as you. They are far from your side in this. Because of what you and your father did... Now where is your little medical lioness Shebla?" Aziza licked her lips. "What?" asked Jali.

"Shebla, bring that girl to me and it might save your life..." she said.

"You mean this is all just about a stupid revenge?" Jali retorted. Aziza scowled. "She did much harm... the spirits told us that her death will be a part of their plan too!"

Suddenly a few twigs snapped upon the quiet forest. Two hyenas, dark and mysterious were closing in. Their eyes were pink with darkness and walking behind them was a creature larger than Aziza, larger than Nassor, perhaps larger than Ammon himself. It was blackish and barely visible under the bramble, but his dark face was more than clear... he wanted something, he had a lust for blood and was going to fulfill that thirst.

Var stepped forward. "Hello Nakul. I am Var--of course being a spirit I'm sure you already knew that. I... I honestly don't know what to say. I am astonished to be in your presence. I never thought this day would come... or why it would come to me. I am shameful of my kind, for so long we took you all as nothing more than legends and myths... until now." Var thought for a moment.

"What is to become of my pride? Is it true that Star stole that stone? Are we doomed to be destroyed? What of all those innocent people? Would you punish them for his sin? Tell me about Dalmaa ever so more as well..."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Kyra was frightened, but at the same time, with the power of Egret's spirit, combined with the support of wind and water, the overwhelming light and strength she felt were stronger, and she knew she could never give into fear. She did not need to be fearless, only brave, for she was facing not a serpent, but a demon of the most foul, venomous nature, bearing the power of venom, and disease. "You may frighten me, you may take on any monstrous form you please, but you are not going to destroy me!" She cried, her voice changing, becoming fierce, as though the voices of the birds sang through it. A white glow channeled through her claws and teeth, and her eyes seemed to shimmer every shade of blue and green, like the flowing of the tide. Light whispered through her fur, as it moved like the flowing of clouds in the sky. The wind and water now  protected her, preparing with all the rage of the rivers and streams and oceans to whittle away even the strongest stone, and winds that would send hurtling creatures far greater than the lioness. Through Kyra, Egret would punish the wrongdoings of evil spirits, not merely trapping them in the mortal world, but sealing them away, so that they could never harm anyone ever again.

Transformed, Kyra bared glowing teeth that streamed white fire, her eyes glinting, as the wind began to blow, forcing the fog from where she stood, and back towards Snake. "Your fog can't hurt me, the wind and water protect me from your obscuring magic!" She tensed. "Try to bite me, for even with your talons and armored scales, I can defeat you, and force you from both the worlds, so that you may never harm anyone, neither spirits, nor mortals, ever again! As for your masters, the ones you serve, the Chosen One has been found, and when he comes, he shall punish them! He shall be savior of the Sunset Pride, for even as we battle the Prophesy of Hope comes to pass!" With another roar, she seemingly vanished.

She had not vanished, however, but had been gifted by the wind and the water, and by the birds. She moved with speed greater than the cheetah's, flying as though she had wings. Before Snake knew she was attacking, she struck a blow at the coils of his great side, her claws not piercing flesh, but hitting with force so great that it was like being crushed by a roaring waterfall, hit by a wall of wind. Before he could twist around, she was gone, running around him in an endless circle, changing how close or far, impossible to predict, and changing direction so that he knew not where to strike. Even without claws, the first blow she struck was enough proof: She could harm him.

This time, the golden Warthog stopped Var by holding up one hoof, his great head nodding slowly, the glinting ivory tusks making him look strong, yet somewhat odd. He looked friendly, despite the strength that a giant warthog would surely possess under any circumstances. Please, have patience, all will be answered, and, like all ancient spirits, we are old, and take our time. I suppose it is our fault, that we forget a mortal's life is so short, even though we were mortals ourselves, at one time. The Warthog's spirit gave a slow, steady voice, deep, calm, but as though it possessed energy that was not being tapped into. The Warthog flicked his tail, I am Pono, the spirit that embodies warthogs, and all swine that roam the world. I don't normally take the form of a warthog, usually I am a boar, but as a lion, you are most familiar with warthogs. We could choose to take on strange forms, if we wished, I could grow wings, but the only one here who chose something you do not fully recognize is Naja. He is a cobra.

Naja glanced over at Pono, before turning to Var, and speaking. His spirit voice was dry, like leaves, and sounded like a whisper, clearly ancient, but there was a warmth that reminded one of a calm, comforting day, when the sun was just beginning to rise. We will answer your questions as best as we spirits can, but I cannot help you as much as the others, in what you must face, for my strength has been stolen from me, I have lost my influence on the serpents of the world, and even my greatest foe has taken pity on me, so great is this loss. My mortal brothers and sisters, Snake shall drag them all into darkness and evil, and I am powerless to stop him! There was something pleading and despairing in those kind, reptilian eyes.

Nakul looked at both the Warthog and the Cobra, before looking at Var, I am sorry, we spirits may have many incredible powers, but we cannot see the future, for the future is not on a set path. Time is a river that never ends, it flows, and like water, the tides ebb and change. A spirit can see only a potential future, what might be. There is nothing of what will be that we can determine. The mongoose flicked his tail, We can, however, look at what is more likely to be the true path, the one that comes to pass. These we may pass onto the mortal world, you know of these visions of what might be as a prophesy.

Pono stepped forward, his ears flicking wildly, As of now, there are two prophesies, and as we foresaw in the great river of time, these two visions of the future are at war, one that follows a wicked path, and one that follows the good path. The enemies you deal with, they follow the Wicked Prophesy, the one that foretells death and destruction for you, and for all of Sunset Pride. However, do not despair, for the good prophesy, the Prophesy of Hope, leads to life and happiness, a new beginning, and redemption for your pride. What mortals do influences the tides of time, and we spirits, in turn, influence mortals, we all work to influence time the best we can to follow the desired path. The warthog looked at Var sidelong with one deep brown eye, So now, you know, we are influencing you and Zanita now, but you must understand, that we are attempting to guide you towards fulfilling the Prophesy of Hope. This meeting with us, the plague of serpents, all of it was foretold.

Nakul spoke again, How you key into all of this, Var, is that if you continue to flee, the Wicked Prophesy will control the tide, for you are inevitably one of the individuals in the center of both prophesies. If you die, which will most certainly, without a doubt happen if you abandon the Sunset Pride, then all efforts made by the good spirits and those you love who are trying to save themselves from invaders will be in vain. You are the Chosen One spoken of by both prophesies, and while one foretells your death, the other claims that you will have the power to redeem your Pride. He paused for a moment, waiting for Var to take this in. As for Star, he has paid in full for trying to take the stone, when he was not chosen by one of the Grand Spirits, but he is with us, he is an ally for our cause. We are also certain, without any doubt, that the Grand Spirits have deemed you worthy to return the stone, Var, for you have been worthy in both prophesies. However, if you do not live, then you cannot return the stone, so you see why you must live.

Naja looked saddened, and the others fell silent, allowing him to speak, As for Dalmaa, I am the only one who can answer your question. You may see him as something that could have never had life, a heart, but this is not true, for like the three of us, he was once a mortal, once a good soul. The Cobra's gaze hardened, but still looked hurt by the memory, He was warped in his mortal life by terrible things, and was chosen by evil spirits, drowned in shadow so great that there is no glimpse of light left inside. He has powerful supporters, and will work to see that the Wicked Prophesy is fulfilled. He is your enemy, and you must beware him, for he has enlisted the spirit of your father to destroy all of those that you love. Even now, Kyra, granddaughter of Egret, battles him, brave, even though she faces a vile spirit who has taken on the most deadly of forms.

Nakul flicked his tail, Var, you must go back and help to stop the invasion, before the stone can be retrieved, you are the one who can hold enough power to stop the evil spirits from influencing the prophesies. We have the power to help you, but only if you accept us into your heart, only if you accept our power. You must do it here, for outside our sphere of protection we have made about the Nightstone and here, everything will seek to destroy you. Please, you must bear this burden, you must acknowledge who you are.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:03 am

Var had taken everything in and was astonished. He would have been in deeper thought, but the mention of Kyra fighting Snake was cutting into his mind like a blade and he couldn't pluck it out. Before saying anything else, he mentioned "I understand. I shall accept. And as for Kyra, please protect her in her fight with my father. I don't know what I'd do without her..." he took in more.

"I will assure that the Wicked Prophecy is not fulfilled, but the Prophecy of Hope is the wake of these events. I will dismantle my father's grip on our pride as much as I can... Thank you for answering my questions. I mean not to rush, but many lives are at stake and depend upon my return. I must leave" he answered.

Just outside the camp, upon a heap of rocks all piled upon each other sat several figures. They saw the Nightstone from where they were perched and all seemed to give out low growls.

"He is speaking with Nakul, Naja, and Pono and of course he is with Zanita... We should have stopped him in the forest when we had the chance!" spoke one of the feminine figures. She was a lioness but had blackish skin that looked like it was steaming. Her eyes were color changing and morphed from red to green, to purple, to yellow, to deep blue. She looked up at the other figures who all looked quite similar. "What do we do when he comes out of their protection?"

"Wait for His orders..." spoke a deeper masculine voice. Suddenly a loud growl sounded from the bushes behind the group. They looked behind themselves to see a pair of big, scarlet eyes glowing from the darkness and looking out into the night. From the glow of the scorching eyes, they could see slight traces of its crinkled snout drew into a fateful snarl.

"Release the girl" the ominous voice shot out like a flaming dart. It seemed to make them all shiver, shudder, and shake. They trembled in his presence as though he wielded the powers of life and death themselves. The spirits nodded and let out a hissing sound from their snouts.

A body was trapped under many long weeds and roots unearthed from the ground, being bound to the dirt below by them. It was a lioness. She got up, dirty and disgraced and fearful. She had deep green eyes and darkly shaded fur... something was familiar looking about her. She had a clip in her right ear and many long displays of purple scars around her paws. She looked like a very tough fighter, but she was as fearful as a mouse in the presence of a viper.

"If you know what's good for you you'll scram right now! Go out there and find your brother, he's almost done talking with some monsters in that big rock!" one of the spirits had said. She almost scampered away, but considered what they'd said. She looked back, seeing that some of them had vanished. Each of them were beginning to grow strange silver-ish auras and were beginning to grow transparent. They were slowly dissipating. One of them in a leopard's form with golden glowing eyes looked at her with distaste.

"Go wait by those bushes" he said pointing with a claw. "Your brother is the enormous lion that will be coming out alongside that putrid black hyena" the spirit said. The female hesitated but could wait no longer when thousands of crows and black ravnes had swarmed from the bushes where the red eyes were. A wind blazed from that evil set of looking orbs as a loud and horrid voice shouted "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

The birds cawed and she heard them in the skies just slightly above her as she ran away and sat next to a bush, crying her eyes out. A hyena had spotted her and approached her, but cautiously.

"Dear, what's wrong? What happened?" he asked.

"Get away from me! I'm cursed! They'll be after you next!" she hissed. Frightened, the hyena had run off fearing it was a trick of the evil spirits. The talk of the prophecies and spirits had been increasing that night and there were terrible rumors spreading all over the pridelands. Each clan that lived within them was reaching terrible news and receiving omens unlike those before their time.

Snake gave out a loud "gaaaawwww!" He danced around attempting to smash wherever she'd be. Finally he stopped and took in several breaths.

"Your wind blows my fire stronger, your water fuels my ice..." With that he let out a hiss, but it was unlike the hisses of a common snake. It was dark and dire and far beyond anything a mortal serpent could produce. It was as though billions of undead snakes were hissing together. Suddenly Kyra felt something sharp at her side. Though there was nothing there, a sensation formed that felt like the strangling process of a massive constrictor. It was a very tight squeeze and if she didn't fight it off, it would crush her.

Snake's eyes glowed and his teeth began to steam as a lava-like substance poured from his gums and began to coat them. It dripped onto the ground and singed the life out of everything it touched. His rattle came up to Kyra's face. It was steaming with heat and looked like a metallic substance had coated it with the heated fire. He taunted, waving it around her face threatening to burn into her and he would if he wasn't having so much fun squeezing her.

"Kyra, you don't have to fight. Let me kill you and by the end of the night you and Var will both be together forever in the Afterlife" he spoke. His voice like silk, yet rough as coals. His long black tongue slicked out, slithering to and from his snarl and was coated in a fine layer of seething, boiling black fluid.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 3:32 am

The three spirits nodded, It is time, Nakul said, for us to grant you the powers that will vanquish your foes. Upon this, the gigantic silver mongoose placed a single, large paw upon the lion's head. To you, I give the powers of the mongoose. The agility and swiftness, the grace of the creature who has been known for centuries as the greatest foe of all serpents. To you I grant the strength of skin, so that claws and teeth alike may not with ease pierce your flesh, for not all foes are serpents, though many, if not all, brandish claws and bear teeth. As he finished speaking, the mongoose became an aurora, which danced around Var, as power coursed through him, amazing and powerful, a flood of great energy, yet only a small fraction of how much he could hold. When part of the aurora faded, it drifted away, as Nakul re-joined the other good spirits in their eternal dance above.

The next to come forward was Naja, the gigantic bronze Cobra slowly slithering forward, and loosely encircling Var in his coils, before touching the tip of his tail to a spot between the lion's eyes. Though it may be used to kill serpents, my own brethren, the power I grant you is necessary, to protect the forces of good in the universe, they must be punished, even if that punishment is as great as death. A gentle, warm energy filled Var, not as all-consuming in might as Nakul's, but strong in its own way, subtle, and grand. To you, I grant the power of the serpents, the silence of movement, the power to strike with the speed of lightning. To you, I grant resistance to the venom we bear in our fangs, so that even if bitten, you may not be killed if one of my brethren strikes you. However, do not abuse this gift, for while smaller snakes may have no effect, larger ones will make you ill, or temporarily weaken your strength. You should still avoid being bitten, if possible, for I do not have the power to grant full immunity, as I once did, and there is a limit to how much you can take. The benevolent Cobra faded into the aurora above, leaving only Pono still there, in a physical form.

Pono walked up to Var, and nodded with approval, With two spirits, once enemies in a rivalry that transcends even death, you have been given the power to fight serpents, and even a few enhanced abilities that will aid you against non-serpentine foes. He noted, But what of the foes who are hyenas, or lions, or any other creature, for that matter? There's nothing specifically meant for just generic foes, what creature they are being undefined. That is why I am here, for though being called a swine is an insult, we have strength greater than most think we do. Pono seemed to ignore the fact that his form looked extremely powerful. The warthog touched one hoof to Var's shoulder, and his energy filled the lion, a warm, lazy feeling, but under pressure, as though the slightest disturbance would unlock power that far surpassed that of the mongoose, or the serpent. It was great strength at rest, and it fully told what Var was being entrusted with. To you, I am going to give the sheer power possessed by all the great swine that upon being seen, even humans may at times quake with fear. Swine can sometimes be hunted, but when we fight, we can bring down even the strongest things that are far larger than us. I am not just speaking of snakes, but all the things that might see us as a potential meal. I am going to give you the power to strike with such force that things far greater than you will crumble to nothing. Also, a side effect that I cannot prevent, what comes with my energy, you can now eat anything, and not get sick, so even though you have the teeth of a carnivorous predator, if you need to, you may eat plants. You never know, it may be a good thing, in the end. Stay strong, Var, we're rooting for you, all of us good spirits.

With this, moments before he changed into an aurora, the Warthog turned into something else, a different sort of swine, with bright gold feathered wings sprouting from its shoulders, and a playful glint in those brown eyes, still unchanged. See, I told you, I can be a Boar with Wings. The Boar took flight, and danced around Var as it became an aurora, and joined the spirits above, leaving Var to cope with the immense energy, as there was a flash of a light, and Zanita and the lion were once more within the leader's den, the inner-part of the Nightstone. Although Var may have not seen it, Pono's gesture of mortal humor amused Zanita, and the hyena's ears were raised up. It was amazing, that the spirit of swine could be so kind and friendly, he lessened the stress of it all. He understood how stressful the situation would be for Var, and wanted to make him laugh, at least on the inside, to face his trials with a light heart.

"The eclipse has ended, Var, and you have been blessed by three of the strongest, most ancient of spirits. They truly support you, for Pono wished that you would face these trials with warmth in your heart. I did not think such old spirits could be capable of such humor, but it appears I was wrong." She said. "Now, you must be ready, for when we step out of this stone, you must be ready to fight, for the sphere of protection is gone."

The darkness of the Eclipse had ended, and Kyra was stuck in the grip of an invisible constrictor. However, with the return of the moon, she could see more clearly, and realized something. Snake was displaying great, other-worldly powers, but he was not immediately killing her. He was simply trying to scare her, not merely kill her, but to cripple her spirit, also. If she died with a broken spirit, she posed no threat, but to die fighting, she was a foe that he could never permanently defeat. "I'm onto your game, Snake!" She roared suddenly, lashing out in her mind as she envisioned the boa strangling her, and then her biting deep into its neck, to the point that it was completely severed. The coils loosened, and the invisible constrictor no longer held her. The danger of her harming him returned, and she took the surprise of the vile legged serpent to lash out with another deadly blow.

She raised one paw, and brought it down, pounding the ground, as she formed a blade of air, and sent it flying at the glowing hot rattle. As it flew, it picked up water from the rain, the two elements merging into one, fortifying and eliminating the weaknesses of both. The blade of air and water hit the rattle, the air not fueling the fire, due to the water, but the water sizzling and putting out the fire as it extinguished the flames, too fast to fuel the elements of ice. "You aren't ever going to break my spirit, even if my physical body dies, my spirit can still hurt you if I do not surrender, but lucky for you, I intend to stay alive, and so does Var! He will stop your masters, the river of time has shifted with the return of the moon, and now time smiles upon the Prophesy of Hope. Your allies have failed to stop him from conversing with the Ancients, and now he has the power that will topple you all!" She growled, and got into a pounce again, preparing to launch another attack, "Your current form, however," she added, "Will most likely be destroyed by me."

With this, she blurred again, this time launching blades of air and water that could not fuel either fire or ice, but worked together to build one another, in a way that fire and ice could not. Fire weakened ice, for its intense heat melted it to water, and ice weakened fire as it melted. Snake could not so easily combine his own two elements, for unlike water and wind, fire and ice were not nearly so inclined to intermingle with one another. Kyra didn't know how she knew these things, or even where the knowledge of using her magic came from, but perhaps she had been given spirit knowledge, also. She needed to do something, to cripple Snake, if she could not seal him away herself, then she would have to hold him off until Var returned. She didn't get it, how did she know what the Prophesy of Hope was? She would just have to think about the spirit knowledge later.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:44 am

Snake's rattle crackled and popped and with its own explosion his entire body burst open into a cloud of black smoke and a loud metallic screech was placed there in the air with it. But it was not over. There was something else standing there where the monster had been destroyed...

It was Snake in his lion-like form. Though his tail was that of a snake's and had a long white rattle on the end of it. His deep green eyes looked at Kyra softly now. "My dear daughter... You are so arrogant. Do you honestly believe you can win? Even if I kill you and your spirit lives on, we can fight and fight an neither of us will make an impact on each other. But by killing you it will make an impact on Var and drive him to insanity. Such is my desire. But now he has been given powers... powers that out of the mortals, only Kavis will be able to stomp..."

He snarled. "I have no master. Dalmaa is simply an ally. We are not his slaves, not his workers! He simply helps us in this rebellion... You would never understand. The higher spirits are corrupt, claiming that they are for good when they sent a sacred stone down here made precisely to kill us all and destroy what they classify as bad. But we see you all differently with better understanding and for it we are labelled as evil. I admit I am not the best example of this, but I do hope you see what is true..."

He softened his face and his black mane swirled with the breeze as he looked up at the faded and passed eclipse. He turned back to Kyra. "Your people are corrupt. Jali and Sira hide so many things... they haven't even told you of that little underground chasm behind a secret opening in their cave... it leads down, down below and under the ground into a place not quite safe and sound. But a dark place where all spirits may walk and talk and breathe and blink. For that is where Jali knows dark secrets lie. His life has been full of lies and sins, sins that nobody knows about. The spirits will release those dark secrets, tell you all everything and at last our plan will be completed and Sunset Pride will be free of Star's dynasty."

He approached her calmly and not about to attack. He made circles around her, eyeing her from head to toe as though in search of weakness. But he knew she was strong in both body and heart. "Kyra, you do not know Var's past quite well. You are familiar with the things I've done, but wouldn't you like to see what happened directly? Come this way and walk with me... I shall show you why Var is the way he is today..."

He pushed Kyra along by the shoulder. Strangely his own skin felt almost like running water up against her and tingled when it touched the tips of her fur. His eyes glowed green as they lit up the dark path ahead. Snakes cleared away as Snake pawed his way forward and green flames lit on both sides of the path. It was obvious that the fires only existed to Kyra and Snake. The path began to grow into one that did not belong to the camp and looked unnatural and distorted... obviously it could only be accessed by a spirit, or perhaps it wasn't even real. An alternate realm perhaps.

Soon they came to a dark clearing where the green flames were not so plentiful. It was a huge crater with a small pond in its belly with many, many creeks that branched off from it and brush and bramble petting its surface. Snake stopped at a large cliff side to the crater and held out a paw to keep Kyra from walking any further.

All of the sons were in the lake standing on logs and pieces of land that had surfaced from underneath. They all looked much younger. Var was very young and was the one standing in the back of the group, trying not to participate. Snake was slashing away at a male and finally after the jaw of the male was detached and slung across the ground with blood flinging from head to toe. Snake and Nithili laughed as did Barcal and Urathi. Var simply sighed desperately.

There was a female laying beaten and bruised on a large rock with many cubs sitting in the tall grasses, trying to hide. Barcal brought each child out by the scruff. Snake inspected them all.

"So did you enjoy your mate's death my little princess?" Snake taunted the female running a claw over her nose and as he continued to do so he pressed harder until it drew a bit of blood.

"No! No!" said the female. "Please leave my babies be!"

"You mean my babies? The cubs you bore me?" Snake growled. "I am a father now and the one you take orders from!" he said. He looked at all the children again. "Such a shame too! They're all female! These will NOT do! We'll feed them to the crocodiles that live in River Pride's little strip of water. Someone go and feed the dragons!"

"Me! Let it be me father!" Urathi cried. Nithili and Barcal also pleaded for the position but Snake spotted Var sitting quietly behind them.

"No! It must be Var" Snake said. Var's eyes widened. "Um, me? Couldn't Nithili do it?" Var pleaded.

"No! Your brothers do everything! Go take these girls and kill them. I want to know you learned something today..." the dire father had spoken. Var gulped and scooped up the children, putting a few on his back and hanging two by their scruffs. He slowly walked on. The spirit of Snake gestured for Kyra to follow as they began to follow the childhood Var into the woods. It seemed like twenty minutes, maybe more. Perhaps even an hour had gone by. Var hadn't even gone towards the river, he went on to the camp of Yellow Pride. As he burst into the den of mothers in the pride, he was panting.

"Would anyone in here please, please take these girls?! Their mother was just murdered by their father, please save them!" he begged. The mothers seemed shocked and afraid and refused. Var finally got angry.

"LISTEN! IF YOU DON'T TAKE THEM IN I'M GOING TO COME BACK HERE WITH AN ARMY OF LIONS AND KILL YOU ALL!" he lied, but it didn't matter. It was obvious the lionesses only refused because of the terrible tragedy that Var had announced. Fear that the father would track down his lost young. The females got up and begged Var not to, not knowing whether he was truly some prince of an army, or not. But they took the cubs anyways and he went on their way.

Snake looked at Kyra as they continued to follow the young Var. They made their way back to the place where the brothers and their father were. Finally Var came back in and saw that all of the brothers were laying unconscious on the ground. Snake held a huge stone in his claws, a giant rock. He threw it at Var, hitting him in the flank and causing him to fall down. Snake took the rock and pinned Var onto the ground. He repetitively bashed Var's head with the rock screaming "WON'T! REMEMBER! A THING!" and finally as Var coughed up a bit of blood, he passed out.

The scene had changed without a blink and the two found themselves sitting back in the path by the camp where they had fought before. Snake looked at Kyra. "I've got a dozen more tragedies, ones far worse than that one. But I thought you might like to know... there are more than just the four brothers, Kyra. What else would you like to know about my son? Take advantage of my kindness while you can..."

Var rushed out of the Nightstone, looking around the camp for any suspicious figures. He waited on Zanita, but by then it was too late. A lioness had come out from the bushes. "Brother! Brother!" she shouted and ran right into him. She stopped and gave him a long embrace across the flank with her own arms as much as a lion could.

"Um, who are you?" Var asked. She backed away and looked at him with a sad, yet somewhat joyful face. "My name is Subira. The spirits told me to come here, they said I was your sister but you and I never knew it because you were made to forget and I was too young to remember..."

Var looked at Zanita. "What do you make of this?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Kyra bared her teeth, "Snake, Var does not even recall the horrible things you have forced him to do, nor what he did in desperation. Do you think he has kept everything about his time around you a secret? He told me what you and your other sons have done, how you would slaughter lionesses and females, and then force your children to eat them. Cannibalism, that Var only pretended to do, he never ate a single bite, but spat it out, when you were not looking. Do not forget, I am a female, and by now, I have more than proven to you that I am capable of harming you to a great extent. You can try to weaken my resolve, convince me I am arrogant, but you should be aware, by now, that such an effort is futile. Nothing you do will disarm me, and I reject any kindness you are trying to feign, for I have very little doubt that you are just faking your compassion. I believe in Var, I believe in myself, and I have joy in my heart, because nothing you do can take it away from me. Fear is but a choice, just like evil, I do not have to be afraid, nor do I have to choose darkness over light. You cannot force me to submit, for no spirit has magic so great, not you, your ally, or even the most ancient. Var cares about me, because unlike any female you have faced, I will not be broken and shattered, not by deception, not by truth. I will battle you with all of my being, and still never surrender."

She backed away from Snake, and got into another pouncing crouch, "I have obliterated your serpent form, Snake, you cannot deny that I have done such a thing. No matter how many times you may call fighting you useless, even if I am a spirit and there never comes to be a victor, my power could negate yours. I could do nothing, but neither could you. I could simply keep you in check for all eternity, like my great ally, Naja, who was until only recently locked in eternal combat with his great rival, Nakul. How do I know the names of these ancients? I do not know, but I do know that the serpentine power you possess, was not originally yours. It was stolen from Naja, and in the world of spirits, he weeps, for you have turned them into mindless beasts that only seek to kill, you have degraded the greatness that serpents possessed, all the good that they were seen by. Even Naja's greatest foe takes pity on him, for they have ended their eternal battle for a time, to unite against you and those who follow the Wicked Prophesy."

She growled, "End this vision, for I am done hearing you. Let us fight, and see who wins, rather than bicker over the matter. Who cares who spectates, Snake, we both want results, but if you are getting cold paws because I'm not weakening, all you are doing is wasting time. I think it is safe to say that time is important to us both, and your time grows short with every passing second, for the one with power to destroy you is coming. When Var arrives, like water and wind, we will cancel out our weaknesses, for as I fight, you are dealing with only one half of a considerable force, and when two halves are united, not even Kavis will stop it. Even now, Var only holds three small fractions of what power he can contain within himself, and more spirits at every turn, though not as old as the three he just encountered, will give him power, as time passes."

Zanita glanced at Subira, and then at Var, her eyes flashing a strange color, for a split second. "Var, are you aware that the spirits give those they choose knowledge? Yes, you were made to forget, but I can see the story, just in the few moments of seeing both of you side-by-side. Even Snake, just moments ago, told the same story to Kyra, as he is even now attempting to weaken her, for she has destroyed his demonic form, and still shows no signs of weakness, either in body or spirit. Your father only cared for sons, not daughters, and so when one lioness he took bore him only females, he ordered you to take them and kill them. You were merciful, however, to your sisters, and unlike your brothers, felt guilt and remorse for the actions of your kin. When you took the cubs, you instead brought them to a pride, and pleaded for the lionesses to take the cubs, so that you would not be forced to kill them. The horror of the cubs' mother being killed frightened them, and they refused, and you, out of desperation, threatened them, claiming you would return with an army and slaughter them all, if they did not take the cubs. Though it was a lie, you did it, for the sole purpose of convincing them to take the females, which they did. You left, and never again threatened them."

Her ear flicked, "However, when you returned, Snake wanted to erase your sisters from your mind, and so, he took a rock, and bashed you and all your brothers on the skull, knocking you out, and making you forget. I know not how many siblings you have, but I suspect the number of sisters you have is great, Var, for I have a feeling, that such an incident has occurred multiple times. This lioness here, she is your younger half-sister, one that you yourself spared, guided here by the spirits. Surely, at first, the adoptive mothers were frightened, but after awhile, reason would make them think. They would realize you were not being a tyrant, but a savior, trying to rescue children."

The hyena leader looked at Subira, "I know not where you come from, dear, but it is possible that the lionesses the same age as you, they may have been your siblings, not merely pride members who looked similar to you. Regardless, I am glad that you have come, for Var must remember, in dire times as these, that he has good in his heart. We must all have joy inside, for that will see us through until the end."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:45 pm

Snake's form had turned rotten. His fur had turned black and his eye were glowing emeralds. His fur was mangled with mange and grease and white frothing foam drizzled down as plentiful as the waters of an ocean from his cold and bloodstained lips. His eyes were watery and his body was frail and skinny. Black bats were crawling all over him and swarming all over his body.

"If you're so bent on fighting, I will happily participate. But this only tells me you have such a weak an frail psyche that you refuse to listen to my mental challenges."

Suddenly a black snake made of smoke shot out from under his paw and wrapped around Kyra. Another came from under another paw and another from under his tail. More shot fro the bushes and eventually they formed a giant net she could not breach. A giant bird, larger than the trees shout out from brambles and spread its vast ebony wings out. They were feathered and seemed to contain darkness. It's eye glowed the colors of lightning and its silver beak shined like the moon. It's long talons picked up the net of writhing snakes and lifted Kyra so high in the air that she would perish if the net was punctured. It took her to the top of a large hill and dropped her there and the net had vanished.

Snake appeared and so did many others. There were the spirits of the brothers. Barcal and Urathi... But where was Nithili? The most gruesome of the brothers was nowhere to be found.

Snakes slithered across Kyra's paws and whispered to her malevolently. Finally one struck her shoulder, drawing blood.

"You know that this little fight is simply stalling you right? I am keeping you here in Sunset Pride while Var needs you, he will soon face Kavis... Now I have brought you to the tip of the royal cliff... This is the in which holds the cave of Jali and Sira. If you fall off it, you will die. I brought you here so Var will gave more difficulty getting to you once he arrives... Now if your little bird friends arrive, I have many cursed bat spirits hiding in the trees and shall spring out and attack them upon arrival.

--------------------------------

Subira looked at Zanita and Var. "They told me if I found you it would make their plan succeed... With all of the talk of prophecies tonight, I began to believe it was true. I myself have... Power. They said you did too Var. That you were the Chosen One."

"Power? What kind of power?" Asked Var, partly already knowing but wanting to hear it from his sister herself.

"It's not as powerful as the Sight, but I have the power to manipulate the forces of nature. Now brother, we must not waste time... Take me back to your camp before it is lost!"

Aziza and Jali were slashing and slinging their claws and fangs all over each other. A plentiful amount of blood had seeped from them and had created a red ocean in the grass. Finally the battlefield got quite except for the rain. Even the snakes paused.

Standing up at the entrance to the camp were three figures... Two hyenas and a gigantic lion standing between the both of them. Aziza cackled. "Kavis is here! Now you're all going to die! Stand back! The Witchdoctors hold the powers of the spirits in their paws!"

Everyone was silenced. A few lionesses pushes the blind Ramla to the front to confront the other two who had close levels of power.

"Kavis..." Said the female, Naith. "The girl awaits us on the hill. You take care of the king while we go and visit her," she said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pride Days (IC): Hurt
Page 19 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next