Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark

Go down 
+7
ViperaUnion
Dr. Taco.
DemDogg
The Stalker of Shadows
God-Mod
FlowerFox
Maxx
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:12 pm

EDIT: You know what, no. Never mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:19 pm

Well...either way, this RP is fun. It's one of the few stories where I start laughing at the situation.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:30 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
because all you do when you argue with Lieo is wind up making your blood pressure go through the roof.

Blood? What is this 'blood' you speak of?

Last edited by Lithium Americium on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Shut up Liam.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Which end shall I be shutting?
And why must it be up, and not down?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Emma, remove him please. I can't take this right now.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:54 pm

@Liam; Shut your holes or I'll ban-smack you.

@Stephen; This conversation is actually rather funny for the bystanders.

@Vipera; If you think the RP is funny, you'd probably like the book me and Stephen are writing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Funny? I don't find this conversation very funny at all.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Liam, to start picking at everyone extremely childish. People here have no tolerance for it, and I have resolved not to become emotionally entangled in my duties as an administrator of this forum. You are doing nothing more right now than disrupting the peace in this thread, and being disrespectful to the GM, when the majority of us are trying to move the topic of discussion on to something more pleasant. If this behavior persists, Maxx will not only remove you from the RP, but, as a moderator, he will have the grounds to ban you for 24 hours, as this is a first offense. That is all I have to say on the matter.

So, with that out of the way, you and Stephen are writing a book?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:59 pm

I should say, before anyone gets too mad, God-mod told me to write the bit about shutting up or down and which end.

Last edited by Lithium Americium on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Why does everyone hate Liam so much? Including me?
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Well, more of a series actually. Its on a similar premise to the RP, basically, you combine a mystery novel with a sci-fi/time travel novel, then throw in some espionage and comedy and you get what I would like to dub a 'mind games' genera book. There's a lot of speculated science and projections about what a multi-species space fairing society would work like. The two main characters are obviously Myre and Exo so that's a large bit of where the comedy part comes from.

And, people don't like Liam because his posts are short, he has bad grammar and is extremely stubborn and messes things up or does them without tact.

Last edited by God-mod on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:20 pm

God-mod wrote:
so that's a large bit of the comedy part comes from

And you say I have bad grammar... tut tut.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Stay out of my roleplay. Just because you think you're right doesn't mean that you are. You have no right to tell me how to run my roleplay.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:29 pm

God-mod's grammar is fine. Everyone makes little mistakes, but you constantly get it wrong.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Can I be counted as a bystandard? Because I'm laughing.

Last edited by TheⓍperator on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:02 pm

(Leio's post got removed, but anyway…)
Leio, it's called rules. If Liam wants to participate in this RP, he needs to follow them. All you're doing is making him look like the good guy. This is Maxx's RP, and what he says goes.
I still don't understand what this has to do with you.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Oops, I think someone misplaced my post. But that's okay, I found it again.
Quote :
Quote :
He does this very often, Crazy, but there's no sense arguing with him. The only thing I'm going to do is censor the inappropriate name he called us in his post. Let's just get back to the RP, if we make a big deal of it, bad stuff will happen, because all you do when you argue with Lieo is wind up making your blood pressure go through the roof.

Personally, I thought everything that was happening in the IC was pretty funny, but then again, I have a weird sense of humor.
I am tell you how to run this roleplay together harmoniously because apparently you guys can't do it yourself. A roleplay is a collaborative game where everyone is supposed to help each other have fun, not bicker about insignificant details like babies. I am surprised you have the gonads to even say "don't argue with him because he'll only make you mad", when I am trying to help you guys out and all you have to give is disrespect. If I talked that way to my father after he lectured me and my brother about arguing with each other, I would get slapped across the mouth so hard it would create shockwaves in Japan and cause another nuclear disaster. I am genuinely impressed that you managed to become even more childish since I left.

And what's more, I am appalled about how everyone is treating Liam. And as a warning, I am going to be swearing a lot in this next paragraph to emphasize my annoyance and passion about this particular situation.

Rant:
Quote :
Leio, it's called rules. If Liam wants to participate in this RP, he needs to follow them. All you're doing is making him look like the good guy. This is Maxx's RP, and what he says goes.
I still don't understand what this has to do with you.
CENSORED the rules if that means you get to bully anybody you don't like. You're supposed to simply enforce the rules and help each other, not verbally abuse the kid and take away his posting rights for a single, innocent incident where the only things that were wrong were the words and actions of police officers. What you are saying is what sounds like some simple-minded sheep that follows his leader's word - THAT is scary. What if you were a soldier serving under Adolf Hitler, would you still think that way?

And just the fact that you think anybody unrelated at all shouldn't come in and protect a guy is ALSO scary. If nobody stood up for anybody else, what kind of world would that be like? If the United States never stepped up in WWII because "it didn't concern them", what would the outcome be like then when the Axis wasn't fighting on every front surrounding them? If you saw a guy getting mugged, and they had a weapon pressed to their head and you had the option to pick up a rock, throw it at the assailant's head and save the victim, would you?

Aw no, of course you wouldn't. That's none of your business, amirite?
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:19 pm

I admit that I tend to mastermind this kind of thing, but if someone finds my 'joke' offensive I get rid of it and don't nit-pick everyone else. The reason why Maxx and I got mad and Liam is because of similar things that he did which were much worse in past RPs to other characters after having the reasons why that was god-moddy explained to him very clearly.

My point is, he frequently does this kind of thing, and when we try and correct him, he turns the whole thing into argument by refusing to fix something minor. An example was the spelling error in the code I gave him. He didn't correctly translate it (because it was a shift code in a base five number assignment) so he put a Z instead of a Y. I explained to him that he forgot about the shift in the number assignment but he insisted I had spelled it wrong and that there wasn't a shift code involved even though I could translate it without error.

He is my brother and I can tell you that he wasn't offended or emotionally harmed by any of this and was laughing at the whole thing. Its just his stubbornness involving these 'innocent mistakes' that is really annoying. He insists that he's correct and that everyone is wrong and refuses to fix it. And that after awhile had a tendency to make people mad.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Hey guys, I think ya'll ought to ease up on Scrat.

I know that some of you have rather "negative" opinions of Lith. But, this is unacceptable. You all are ganging up on him and I find it unacceptable regardless of what started it. I've seen him (on this very page) be told to "Shut up", "Leave" and threats of bans. And I know that some of you got upset when similar things were done to you. All that needed to be done would be that he should be told not to auto-hit again, and tell him ways to improve. Because I can safely say that we all haven't started the same place where we all are now. Can anyone of you, who so voluminously posted say that the previous posts actually contributes to anything than your own animosity towards him?

Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:27 pm

"Frequently makes mistakes", yeah, okay, then I suppose it's alright to call him what sums up to being a sack of CENSORED.

Really? THAT'S your justification for what happened? How exactly are you better than him?

Since it's such an understandable and well developed reason, BRB, flying to Germany so I can call them warmongering Nazis.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:53 pm

I am not saying that it was correct that we reacted the way we did, I'm simply stating the reasons for it. However, I am sticking to the opinion that this does not need to be blown up to such a ridiculous scale. I know you guys are defending him, but you are not observing what you preach. You said that we did not need to react as 'violently' as we did, however the way you word it is as if what we did was akin-able to driving him to suicide. I know this happens some times, but its never over the kind of exchange that this unnecessary forum war is being started over.

Okay, so Maxx over reacted. I sarcastically said I would ban-slap Liam. Do I think he would have actually gotten banned? No, I do not.

Since I know all parties involved in the original problem, I'll tell you what their reactions were: Maxx was having a bad day, he was grumpy, and its not kind nor wise to provoke someone who is in a bad mood. Liam is currently laughing at this whole thing, and standing right next to me as I type this. I am personally a little disappointed in everyone involved for blowing the small issue into a big ordeal unnecessarily.

So here's our treaty for this ridiculous forum war: We are sorry for bullying Liam. We will not treat him unfairly in the future. So please, people of the forum, lets stop pointing the metaphorical machine guns at each other and not make this into an even bigger problem. Lets ALL act like adults here.

Last edited by God-mod on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:54 pm

The only animosity here is present not because he made a mistake, but because he made the same mistake over and over again and is too stubborn to fix it. Apparently asking nicely doesn't work, so I must go to a different alternative. Perhaps we are being too hard on him, but if he listened to what we all said it all could have been prevented.

Now please stop this madness. All this fight is going to do is cause a flame war. Lieo, you compared Ultra's comment to the Nazi Regime, but when the Nazis fought the allies, what good came of it? The continent of Europe was completely destroyed. I won't be as hard on Liam for now on so long as he listens to what others have to say.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Very well, then. We'll stop, and I apologize for being so harsh to Scrat, he's only thirteen years old, and doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. I'll be sure not to do it again, and I am surprised that he's God-mod's brother, I didn't even know that. I suppose I became aggravated because everyone else was, I wasn't even really sure why, I thought there was going to be a huge argument and wanted to prevent it, although I suppose that I was one of the people responsible.

Can we please talk about something more pleasant now and move on from this, I really just want to get back to the RP.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Whoa. I didn't appreciate Max being so rude but I'm ok, I just don't think there should be an entire page about my unintentional auto hit, so I vote we forget this ever happened and move on to a different topic, something like... Ooh, what the people around you think of you when the hear you talking about roleplay stuff, with all the alien things and pathologies. But really I appreciate the amount of feelings you have for this Lieo. ps. That clown as your user photo is creepy.

Edit: I agree with New Supplice, a few helpful hints, tips and pointers would help more than criticism.
pps:four messages were posted while I wrote this.
Edit: Make that five.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next