Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)

Go down 
+9
Shade Forgot His Password
The Real Shade
True Night
DemDogg
Celo "The Moms"
JunkMail
Maxx
ViperaUnion
Mr Allen J
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Similar to Riley from Break in personality/appearance (maybe sans all the facial scarring) but with powers...I hate to say spider powers, because that makes him sound like Spider-man. Not really a creative power, but having eight limbs (four of which are retractable), webs, similar stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 8:21 pm

Personally, I want less animal-type metas in the RP--- But, that's just my bias. Officially, I say go for it, if you really want to.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Aww now I have to since I know it'll annoy you.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:50 pm

I have enough characters as it is, but Reginald is going to die at some point in the story, although not until people have met him and learned more about ashing. I'm just going to keep advancing my characters that I already have.

At any rate, I am tempted to do something involving Marie and Tom as characters, such as doing some sort of unique burst that involves both of them, or maybe giving Tom an Omicron burst and turning him into a special kind of cosmic/energy mutant, changing his power class. I kind of want to do something like that, make it more interesting for me to RP as those two characters..
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:27 pm

That was easily the most half assed post of all time.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:30 pm

Was that directed at me, or...?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:33 pm

No, he was talking about his post.

Quote :
"So, ladies first." He jokingly says, as he looked back at the group.
Considering what will probably happen this act, that is probably the most ironic and funny thing that will be said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:35 pm

I was talking about my own, which I just posted on the IC
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:35 pm

Ah, okay, then.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Basic Information

Name: Desmond Maximilian Wright
Height: 6 feet even
Weight: 160 pounds.

Appearance

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Nationality: British/Caucasian
Physical Appearance:

Desmond is rather lanky and thin, as well as rather pale: he doesn't come off as intimidating in the traditional bulky sense, but there is still a rather chilling look about him. He often wears sunglasses (at night) and just looks like he's up to something. He walks with a cane, which seems to be due to a physical disability rather than an attempt to look stylish (although he does make the infirmity look gooooood). Desmond isn't exactly a lady killer, but he's not awful to look at either. His lips are pale and, were his hair not black, he could be mistaken for an albino. Desmond's eyes seem to have a peculiar quality to them, if you look past his sunglasses: this is mostly due to the fact that he has six eyes. Desmond's jawbone is rather pronounced, this is mostly due to the fact his spider "fangs" are what are commonly mistaken to be his jawbone. Desmond moves briskly and sharply, with a slight limp due to his left leg-he has, however, learned to accommodate it by this point in his life.

Attire:

Desmond is nothing if not stylish. He's nearly always wearing a tuxedo, and his current garb for the Othergrounds is that of a standard black tux. He's wearing a black tie and a red scarf, which seems...rather out of place. Shined black shoes click-clack across the floor as he walk (along with the cane), and he has some high quality sunglasses that help conceal his rather strange eyes. Desmond often takes time to stop and check how he looks, adjusting things that are off in this regard. He has a single gold ring on his left hand.

Personality

Innate Personality: Desmond's morality is more "friend based" than "ethics based". To explain, he views relationships and loyalty as far more important qualities to have than simple moral righteousness. Desmond is generally courteous to others, preferring to be polite rather than confrontational, but is capable of being absolutely diabolical if he needs to be. As said previously, right and wrong for Desmond are not black and white, it's based on what must be done to protect those who have protected him. He doesn't see many objections to lying when necessary and is rather pragmatic, willing to do what it takes to suit the scenario at hand.
Hobbies/Skills: Reading, fencing, polo and tennis. He's skilled at dressing well, sweet-talking others, lying wildly at a moment's notice, and spotting subtle nuances others give off.
Favorite color:

Abilities

Power Class: Animal

Power:

Desmond is an animal meta. Unlike the others, however, Desmond's animal traits are not always present (aside from his eyes). Desmond's primary characteristics: the four additional legs that sprout from his torso and the mandibles that extend from his jaws, are able to be retracted within himself and hidden rather easily (particularly with the tuxedo: unless you know what to look for, the pincers merely appear to be a rather protruded jawline). While in eight-legged (technically, eight-limbed) form, he's far more agile and dexterous, able to scale walls, cling to ceilings, and move with unerring agility. His legs boost him up to eight or nine feet in height, with his real human legs dangling uselessly for this period. The suit must somehow be contoured to his power, because there are no noticeable gashes when his spider legs burst out. Curious.

Likewise, his pincers are capable of inflicting a rather devastating bite. A very potent venom runs in Desmond's saliva, administered most efficiently through the pincers. When bitten, the venom causes numbness and paralysis, spreading from the site of the bite. Depending on the individual, it causes hallucinations and near full-body paralysis within several hours. Fortunately, it isn't incredibly lethal: he has to administer a considerable amount for lasting harm to be caused, although arachnophobia and muscle spasms are common after-effects. The venom causes intense pain as well, followed by the numbness. Pleasant!

Desmond's power also works a bit....metaphorically. While he doesn't launch webs a la Peter Parker, he is rather adept at spinning webs. Desmond is a skilled social manipulator, able to lie flawlessly and convincingly, and he is keen at setting traps and creating schemes. Desmond is a brilliant tactician and prefers, just as his animal namesake would prefer-he'd rather set a trap and let his opponents catch themselves in it than be drawn into a direct confrontation. In a physical fight, he relies on speed, deception, and poison to cripple his enemies, preferring to deal a crippling wound and slip away, returning when his opponents are incapacitated. Spiders tend to flock to Desmond, and he is capable of controlling them at will. Likewise, he repels insects with his mere presence.

Weaknesses:

Desmond does not possess the incredible strength of other metahumans. Granted, he is rather strong by normal human standards with his legs, but he couldn't take most of the other animal metas. His eyesight is also a bit poorer than most people's, due to spiders having inferior vision to humans. Finally, he is rather susceptible to fire.

Burst Potential: All da bursts, all da time. No, Omicron, Zeta, Gamma
Other: Scarves up in this b*tch, y'all.

Sorry, lately I've been having trouble filling out a good sheet. I'll flesh him out in the thread.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Accepted
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:10 am

Edited in Victoria's perspective...

... And Shade, post your sheets in the damn character dump.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:35 am

MrAllenJ wrote:
Edited in Victoria's perspective...

... And Shade, post your sheets in the damn character dump.
I thought I'd gotten away without it. Fiiiiiine.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:21 am

And I politely added your characters to the OP.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:31 am

Thanks. Is it okay if Desmond starts in the mansion, perhaps having wandered in there a little while earlier?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:39 am

Sure.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:04 am

Yay
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:36 pm

And that is how you scare the piss out of Johnny. =P

Tell him that you can mind control people.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:03 am

I'll add Nick's POV in a little. I was in a rush when I put up Dragonfly's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:15 am

I won't be able to post till tomorrow. Suuuuper busy with things in school and chores.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:38 pm

sorry bout the double post- anyways, I finally was able to upload this picture though i've been done for two weeks.  I basically redrew Faith.

the drawing
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 9:18 pm

I haven't been posting lately because I have nobody for my characters to run into. Anyone want to stumble upon a group of animal-metas having coffee in the foyer or something with a strange giant eel-girl they've never seen before? (I've been wanting to do something like that, just for the humor of it). If not, you can have someone run into Sandy, with her pet dragon sitting on her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 9:23 pm

All of my characters are already busy doing stuff elsewhere. If you want, one of your guys could run into the mansion for no reason at all.

Since I'm going to off a few of my characters in the coming act. I'm thinking (And I mean THINKING) about making one last final character. Not sure.

And cool drawing, Celo.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 9:36 pm

I think I need to get Tom and Marie involved, and I think I want to change Tom from super-system to a Cosmic-class mutant, because the super-strength is just boring me, anymore. I think I would like to give him an Omicron Burst, and change his power to go in a completely different one. None of my characters except Marie are super strong aside from brute physical power.

I'll probably have Tom and Marie going down the hallway and then walking in on a bizarre tea party, or something along those lines, just because I want to post something a little on the cheerful side.

At any rate, Sandy is the most likely to go into the mansion, because now she has this link to a mutant animal, and she wants to find someone with powers linked to emotions to see if she can figure out what happened.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 9:50 pm

What did you have in mind for Tom's new power...?

As for metas with emotion powers, there's Johnny... He probably wouldn't help Sandy without getting something in return. But, there's Lin, who's a weak telepath but could probably get some information out of the creature. Plus, I'd get to use her.

I'm thinking of putting Vito from CZ in here, with his Soul Frost power, albeit modified a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)
Page 12 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next